EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Burned pans

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Burned pans
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've burned the bottoms of two of my cooking pans, they're completely black. i've tried everything to get them out. i added water with liquid soap and boiled them, i put bi-carbpowder and boiled the pans, and left them over night. however, the stupid burns dont want to go out!! [Mad] does anyone have any suggestions?
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember someone once posted on here she used a drilling contraption with a sander or scourer attached and sanded it off? That sound like a very thorough way-but what are the pans made out of?
7aya 7aya how DID those pans get like that girl? LOL [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whats a sander or scourer?

how did they get that way? well i burned the rice in both of them [Smile] and i have a feeling thats not the end of my cooking disasters [Smile]

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
p666ats
Member # 8566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for p666ats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have Fairy power spray over there? i did the same thing a while ago and sprayed the pan with this amazing cleaner, left it for 15mins and it came of like magic. Fabulous stuff if you can get it. Good luck

Patsy

--------------------
Patsy

Posts: 104 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat- nefsi fe sobya:
i've burned the bottoms of two of my cooking pans, they're completely black. i've tried everything to get them out. i added water with liquid soap and boiled them, i put bi-carbpowder and boiled the pans, and left them over night. however, the stupid burns dont want to go out!! [Mad] does anyone have any suggestions?

get a piece of aluminum foil and scrub them with this, black should come off much easier. However, sometimes parts of the black are impossible to get off.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by p666ats:
Do you have Fairy power spray over there? i did the same thing a while ago and sprayed the pan with this amazing cleaner, left it for 15mins and it came of like magic. Fabulous stuff if you can get it. Good luck

Patsy

really? ill definitly look for it in the supermarket! i'm getting really frustrated because i dont have that many pans. so if i dont fix these, then i dont have enough cooking utensils for the rest of my soon to come cooking disasters [Big Grin]
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oooh aluminium foil...it gives me a funny tooth feeling( old filling in my back tooth).
Sad product of late 70s dentistry! LOL.
7aya a sander is like sandpaper for getting paint off the wall befor you paint, and a scourer is like a metal coiled scrubbing thing to scrub stubborn stains off things.
Never heard of fairy power.. ( except at mardi gras hehe)

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Sander: sanfarah (wara2 or machine)

Scourer: selk mawa3een (or the rough back of the sponge you use for doing the dishes)

Five secrets to not burning the rice:

1- Low fire
2- A cooking timer (that goes off when it's time to lower the fire or turn it off)
3- Don't do other stuff while cooking. Stay in the kitchen throughout the whole process.
4- Add water/ cover the pan
5- If the inevitable heppens, add a pice of bread to the top of it. This abosorbs the burnt odour.

You're trying 7ayat. That's good. One day you will be a pro.

[Smile]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
quote:

Sander: sanfarah (wara2 or machine)

Scourer: selk mawa3een (or the rough back of the sponge you use for doing the dishes)

Five secrets to not burning the rice:

1- Low fire
2- A cooking timer (that goes off when it's time to lower the fire or turn it off)
3- Don't do other stuff while cooking. Stay in the kitchen throughout the whole process.
4- Add water/ cover the pan
5- If the inevitable heppens, add a pice of bread to the top of it. This abosorbs the burnt odour.

You're trying 7ayat. That's good. One day you will be a pro.

[Smile]

wow thanks for the tips! especially that bread one, i never heard of it, but it sounds good. the last couple of times, i put the rice on fire, and went to watch tv completey forgetting the rice, until the smell of burning from the kitchen woke me up! lol. so i guess i do have to stay in the kitchen the whole time!
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the last couple of times, i put the rice on fire, and went to watch tv completey forgetting the rice, until the smell of burning from the kitchen woke me up!

Well if the cooking process takes long, use a timer that gives an alarm when it's done.

But the rice in Australia takes like 10 minutes to be done.. So you can use those 10 minutes to make a salad or so.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Oh yeah, and if you're sick and tired of burning the pans, TEFAL ain't there for nothing [Cool]
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
the last couple of times, i put the rice on fire, and went to watch tv completey forgetting the rice, until the smell of burning from the kitchen woke me up!

Well if the cooking process takes long, use a timer that gives an alarm when it's done.

But the rice in Australia takes like 10 minutes to be done.. So you can use those 10 minutes to make a salad or so.

so its faster than egypt? and believe it or not, i dont know how to make a salad [Confused]
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
so its faster than egypt? and believe it or not, i dont know how to make a salad [Confused]

O h yeah Egypt's rice takes at least 45 minutes. While the rice in other countries takes maximum 15 minutes. Read the instructions on the pack.

If you want I can be with you online while you cook it. Do you add nice stuff to it or do you make plain white rice?

Because as you advance in the cooking process, your rice can become a whole meal on its own.

I L O V E R I C E yum yum

And.. eeh

What ((exactly)) can't you make in a salad [Confused] (serious question!)

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

O h yeah Egypt's rice takes at least 45 minutes. While the rice in other countries takes maximum 15 minutes. Read the instructions on the pack.

If you want I can be with you online while you cook it. Do you add nice stuff to it or do you make plain white rice?

Because as you advance in the cooking process, your rice can become a whole meal on its own.

I L O V E R I C E yum yum

And.. eeh

What ((exactly)) can't you make in a salad [Confused] (serious question!)

wow you are so nice [Smile] but i actually cook the rice in the morning australian time, so you will be fast asleep. at the moment i cook plain rice, when i get that right ill try to play around. although how can you play around with rice?

as for the salad, well i dont know how to cut (wallahi) and i dont know what to add on it. my mother in law give it to us plain, and we just put oil, balsamic viengar, and dried chili. butr i prefer it the egyptian way with everything already on it.

Nanouk
Member # 10384

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nanouk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

as for the salad, well i dont know how to cut (wallahi) and i dont know what to add on it. my mother in law give it to us plain, and we just put oil, balsamic viengar, and dried chili. butr i prefer it the egyptian way with everything already on it.

To clean a burnt pan just put bleach in it for about 30 minutes. Wash and repeat if not totally clean.

The salad dressing must be done in a bowl by itself and then whipped with a fork and added to the salad. Add 3 part of your best quality (olive) oil 1 part lime or lemon a few drops of vinegar and salt and pepper.
Adjust the quantities to suit your taste.

Posts: 143 | From: Silicon Valley | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bleach in a pan??? Can hardly be very healthy...
Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
candy
Member # 10393

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for candy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Salt leave it to soak with boiling water, also works for rice etc...xxxxxxxx
Posts: 149 | From: england | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

No No No I believe you. Really I do. I could believe you cant. [Confused]

Dont feel ashamed or embarrassed...........lots of people cant cook...............

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i believe you too...
to make a salad from scratch... first one must create the universe. however i see youve already done that bit so just let the poor farmers grow what you need, get the ingredients delivered, then (and this is the tricky bit) order your servants to prepare the salad. simple. all you have to do is sit on your high horse and watch then 'voila' you will know how to make a salad.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Nanouk:
quote:

To clean a burnt pan just put bleach in it for about 30 minutes. Wash and repeat if not totally clean.

The salad dressing must be done in a bowl by itself and then whipped with a fork and added to the salad. Add 3 part of your best quality (olive) oil 1 part lime or lemon a few drops of vinegar and salt and pepper.
Adjust the quantities to suit your taste.

thanks nano you are wonderful [Smile]
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
thanks everyone for the tips [Smile]
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i've burned the bottoms of two of my cooking pans [Mad] does anyone have any suggestions?

i have the solution for your problem 7aya, listen to me carefully:

trash them and.. from now on; eat outside [Razz]

Posts: 956 | From: nowhere | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by misfit:
quote:
i've burned the bottoms of two of my cooking pans [Mad] does anyone have any suggestions?

i have the solution for your problem 7aya, listen to me carefully:

trash them and.. from now on; eat outside [Razz]

oh come on misfit i was just going to invite you to have some of my lovely rice [Big Grin]
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerman:
Misfit ..what is up bro! ...by the way thank you so much for the kind words on my last post thread ..you are proven to be a nodge but a gentleman nodge .... Peace man

nodge? moi? just pour le recorde monsieur tigre (ma3lesh, i've just watched the Pink Panther), i only nudge those who i deem worthy of my precious nudging and not just anybody, it's an honeur you know.
in reality i'm so sweet you wouldn't believe yourself [Big Grin]

BTW tiger, very good to see you sticking around, i'm glad you heeded my little advice on that other thread [Smile]

Posts: 956 | From: nowhere | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL! I got home last night to find that my hosbond had burned a pan! I haven't seen a burned pan in years, and now I know why you are so frustrated 7ayat. He was warming up some fava beans. [Razz] And got talking with *Egypt* (which means business, which means his voice gets loud and he gets all animated). [Smile] And forgot he was cooking something. Had to air the whole apartment out before I got home.

I will try boiling the pan for about 10 minutes, I have heard that helps when it's really crusted on there. Good luck. [Smile] Otherwise, I agree with Misfit -- throw it out (but get a new one).

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misfit
Member # 8880

Rate Member
quote:
oh come on misfit i was just going to invite you to have some of my lovely rice [Big Grin]

you mean Nasa's long waited fire proof rice is finally in the market? [Big Grin]

ya salam, ba2a adrab elmeshwar leghayet ostoralia mashii 3ashan akol rozz ma7roo2 men 2a3r el7alla? no i'd rather eat my burned rice [Razz]

tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chuck in a cup of cold water and a handful of biological soap powder.
Leave for 4 hours, then it just slides off.
Has to be biological though, the enzymes loosen it.

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's biological soap powder?

I personally love SOS pads. Anything like it in Egypt?

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrsC
Member # 10808

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrsC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you know you get blue or green persil etc?... its the blue one!
Posts: 549 | From: charm el feikh? | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhhhhh I had no idea. Thanks

I was so glad to get home to my Lemon Joy and leave the green Persil in Egypt. LOL

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumicrazieluv
Member # 12053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumicrazieluv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I found 2 things that work wonders, maybe you have them, maybe not......Easy off oven cleaner, spray and leave on just like when you clean oven(wear rubber gloves though when you clean out pan) or my new favorite, mr. clean magic erasers, you wouldnt think they would but they clean everything, Im really not kidding, this is amazing. Paint,grease, walls, lipstick, nailpolish, I swear almost anything I've used it on it cleans....I keep about 20 on hand, unbelievable product!!
Posts: 1121 | From: Too crazy to look at a freakin map to find out.. | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com