EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » unhappy kouki

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: unhappy kouki
kouki
Member # 11713

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted      Profile for kouki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the company I'm working for won't renew my contract, witch is gonna end by the end of October, they said because of the master plan they are doing for the company, I went to the HR dep. they said we will renew all contacts but every 6 month not annually as usual, and I heared that they will appoint one of the boss's relatives... what can I do! today my boss was absent, I collected my Personal belongings, and took the projects I made on CDs, & removed it from the network, I removed my databse, and everything I made, and I'm thinking of resignation tomorrow...I feel so sad [Frown] [Roll Eyes] [Frown]
Posts: 47 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, that's not good Kouki, what will you do?
Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Umslopagas
Member # 11956

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Umslopagas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kouki,

I sent you a provate message, kindly read it.

--------------------
When you take something for granted as your own accomplishment. The lord takes it away to show you that all is his making and that you have done nothing to deserve his gift

Posts: 67 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kouki:
the company I'm working for won't renew my contract, witch is gonna end by the end of October, they said because of the master plan they are doing for the company, I went to the HR dep. they said we will renew all contacts but every 6 month not annually as usual, and I heared that they will appoint one of the boss's relatives... what can I do! today my boss was absent, I collected my Personal belongings, and took the projects I made on CDs, & removed it from the network, I removed my databse, and everything I made, and I'm thinking of resignation tomorrow...I feel so sad [Frown] [Roll Eyes] [Frown]

Kouki you sound very sweet. But a warning for you:

The work you do on your employers time and on his PC, server, etc is his property. Its the law.

Yeah if the database has personal contacts and work contacts you can use in the future make copies. But don't delete anything that was done on their PCs and time.

It could impede your opportunities to work for other companies in Egypt. And it could get you in some serious legal trouble.

Just relax, you'll find work again soon.

You work with parties, you are the life of the party and for that people will want you around.

Good luck and don't worry.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry this quote got a bit messed up, I've tried to fix it.

quote:
Originally posted by Kouki:
... what can I do! today my boss was absent, I collected my Personal belongings, and took the projects I made on CDs, & removed it from the network, I removed my databse, and everything I made, and I'm thinking of resignation tomorrow...I feel so sad ...

quote:
Posted by Albino_eskimo Kouki you sound very sweet. But a warning for you:

The work you do on your employers time and on his PC, server, etc is his property. Its the law.

Yeah if the database has personal contacts and work contacts you can use in the future make copies. But don't delete anything that was done on their PCs and time.

It could impede your opportunities to work for other companies in Egypt. And it could get you in some serious legal trouble.

Just relax, you'll find work again soon.

You work with parties, you are the life of the party and for that people will want you around.

Good luck and don't worry.

Kouki, I must agree with Sono here, if you've done work on company time, and you've been paid for it by the company then it almost certainly belongs to them (without being an expert in Egyptian intellectual property law! but this would certainly be the case in the UK) so whatever you do, don't delete it. I know someone who did this in the UK - when Word Processors were very new, she was a skilled contractor and spent 3 years in the company building up databases, developing various word processing functionality, and was then given 1 week's notice when the company finally decided to stop using contractors. She deleted everything. Not only did the company take her to court, but none of the job agencies would touch her with a bargepole.

I know how bad you must be feeling, but if you can avoid leaving in a bad light, you must do so unless you are in the lucky position of never having to work again!

In the UK it seems quite common for people who have been working in marketing or PR type jobs who have to leave their companies to take client lists, set up their own companies, then contact clients they have done work for previously and try to persuade them to join them. Depending on what work you were doing, maybe this is an option for you, but you should read your contract of employment carefully though to ensure you aren't prohibited from 'poaching' clients if you leave.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kouki
Member # 11713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kouki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes you are right,
I won't delete it.

Posts: 47 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a very strange situation in Denmark right now. we have too much work and too few workers. So salery and work conditions are pretty good these days.

Dont worry Kouki - something else will pop up. There is a meaning to everything.

Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kouki
Member # 11713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kouki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you Tibe [Smile]
I know the Livelihoods is in God's hand, I started searching for another job

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com