EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Poverty in Egypt what can be done ?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Poverty in Egypt what can be done ?
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fighting poverty is impossible without crucial information about the poor themselves, such as where and how they live, and their needs. Better measurement and a wider understanding of poverty are essential to ensure efforts to help the poor are well directed and efficient

some people don't mind giving out money to the poor in the street in order to help them, some food especially during the Ramadan which I think is very nice, but is the way they are helped is the good one?

This kind of help is only temporary which is better than nothing, but at the end of the day, it would not change their social status, he or she would go back into the poverty of his miserable life. He or she will still have to fight everyday to find some food in order to feet the family; maybe have 2 or 3 different job ….
In Egypt 46 percent of poor people are illiterate and 40 percent have only a basic education or less. Since experience suggests poverty rates decrease significantly when education levels rise, improving education access and quality should be a cornerstone of the fight against poverty in Egypt.

Children are the future so what about using some of those money in order to buy children an education, so at least some of those very low class people could be educate, and have a better job and have latter a decent live, simply have an equal chance with other to be someone…

I met one day a High class Egyptian girl who has helped a lot of poor people that way, by working for UNICEF and other kind of similar organisation. She use to help poor people by giving them advices and teaching them how to read and write. Eventually she would help some of them to study further, by finding the money to pay the fee for an education.

With better understanding of the factors behind poverty, people could focus on ways to better investigate their money on school construction and education subsidies to poorer regions in Egypt.

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tami025
Member # 9181

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tami025     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think they should provide more rescources for women. i mean basically up until recently, women were trained to rely soley on their husbands for her wellbeing and if he flw the coop, she had to sell her gold. i saw a story where some jerk left his wife with a baby and a 7 yr old boy. she had no education and stuff so her son had to go and work and at the age of 9 he became a glue huffer to get high. if there were places for women to go and resources for women to have aid and help and job skills to be taught, she could help herself. the worlds population is made up of more women then men. if you have a country where mostly the men are the only ones working and doing anything for the economy, then you have a whole huge percetage of the population which are women who arent contributing and if you could make the entire population work and make the economy, i bet egypt would thrive better.
Posts: 229 | From: philadelphia, pa, usa | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes is true but where do you think all those educated women would find a job? if there are not enough jobs for the all men
Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com