EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Dead Animals

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dead Animals
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everyone,

This may sound an silly Question to you all, But during my first trip to cairo , i totally surprised to see in the city, next to the road, shops, people, ect, a dead horse and further on a dead donkey, Me being an animal lover, was totally shocked to see this, amongst all the living going on around,,
My Question is do the people move these dead animals or do they leave them to rot and stink the place out for weeks and months,
We as westerners dont see this as the knackers wagon , collects anything as big as horses and cows, or we have to bury them as im from a farm and always saw this happening,

I cant belive that they accept this and let it happen in a city with so many people around, This will bring so much disease

I know this is a strange question, and im not sure anyone has an answer,

But im interested to know,

I really wish these people would respect there beautiful beasts, so many of us can only dream to have a horse, or even a donkey

Waiting for youre answers guys xx [Mad] [Big Grin] [Smile]

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think they leave them there for good, otherwise you might have seen many more carcassas. Perhaps it was a big death day or maybe the donkey and horse had a fight, the horse died first, the donkey tried to get away and collapsed later down the street where he went to the big donkey family in the sky [Big Grin] .
Seriously, I'm not sure what happened, but I doubt if they leave the animals there.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahhahahahahahahah
love youre answer, donkey and horse fight, you know im peeing myself , now, infact i cant stop, god i feel a fool laughing to myself
thanks , was great

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] well that's the way i like the envision it, I'm an animal lover myself and hate to think of what might have ACTUALLY happened, car wreck, animals involved, someone finally beat or starved the poor animals to death, heck in Egypt there's no telling. I like to think it was a little scuffle, you know, the horse called the donkey a jacka*s and the donkey had just had enough for once of being the little guy and passed away with a little donkey smile [Wink] [Big Grin]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3raqyah_fi_Masr
Member # 12095

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3raqyah_fi_Masr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm... I only saw a dead big animal in Egypt once, a dead camel on the road between Sharm el Shaykh and Cairo.. Never seen it in Cairo :S

However, I was in Tunisia, and on just one short walk, me n my friend counted 7 dead cats... Whats that all about?!?!?!?!

--------------------
Iraqi, ya3ny!!!!!

Posts: 90 | From: Al Qahirah, Masr | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting point. But here in the U.S., I see dead deer (not small animals), dead racoons, dead possums, dead geese on the sides of roads all the time. I think animal control will come out to get a deer carcass, but those smaller animals just stay there to decompose...
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes you will see a few dead dogs and cats in Hurghada, because they have been poisoned. If they die outside your home you have the choice to either cremate them, or put up with the smell. Nobody ever seems to collect the dead animals.
Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
thanks guys, i really couldnt put up with the mell of death outside mi door, could you guys, there is enough space in egpyt to have a mass crematorium, dont you think people, thanks for youre coments
xx

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

seabreeze
Member # 10289

lol I doubt that would happen [Wink]
I hope you enjoy Egypt, keep in touch Yorkshire [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com