EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » TV

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TV
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys
whats the chances of getting bbc chanels in egypt
If you have satilite, can you recive, things like eastenders,, i pray yes hahahahahahaa

I love my soaps and british costume dramas, ect, and just wondering how the tv situation is there is ok or is it all in arabic,

when we were in hugarda the satilite only had bbc world, ok its interesting , but the fact that it repeats itself the whole day is a bit boring

Ok i know im coming up with odd questions tonight, but just trying a new theme away from luuurrrv
see you soon byee, the crazy yorkie

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yorkshire rose:
Guys
whats the chances of getting bbc chanels in egypt
If you have satilite, can you recive, things like eastenders,, i pray yes hahahahahahaa

I love my soaps and british costume dramas, ect, and just wondering how the tv situation is there is ok or is it all in arabic,

when we were in hugarda the satilite only had bbc world, ok its interesting , but the fact that it repeats itself the whole day is a bit boring

Ok i know im coming up with odd questions tonight, but just trying a new theme away from luuurrrv
see you soon byee, the crazy yorkie

Yes you can get BBC with satellite (BBC choice I think, shows eastenders later in the evening?). I heard that it went missing after the world cup though [Big Grin] Why would you miss Eastenders!? Does that show ever change? And has Pauline popped her clogs yet? [Big Grin] It also has that awful antiques road show!

I love "Keeping up appearances" and other britcoms though.. Hyacinth never fails to have me ROFLMAO.

I believe you would have to get an Orbit package and maybe showtime includes it also. The standard satellite that you would have had in Hurghada only shows BBC world and yes it is rather repetitive.. better than CNN though [Wink]

www.orbit.net/
http://www.showtimearabia.com/English/Default.asp

You'll also find Nile TV has some English/ American series and movies, but usually in the night.

Good idea is to get a DVD player and stock up on programmes from UK. You can also buy DVD's in Cairo, but they can be very expensive compared to home.

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thankyou so much for youre advice, im sooooo happy to hear you can get eastenders, oh i love antiques roadshow and all the daytime anique programs,

this was really helpfull advice, so i would have no probs to move if i new i could get my fav programs, Pauline is surposed to be going soon, yippe, old battle axe, love all the english humor, mrs bucket ect
Thankyou again xx

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Showtime is better than Orbit..... much much more channels & choices.

I had both & I had to give the Orbit away as it was so damn boring.

The latest for showtime is the ShowBox which is a DVR

http://showbox.showtimearabia.com/

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Orbit is better if you are a Brit, because of BBC Prime TV.
I don't think BBC Prime is ever coming back on satellite, like everything else in Egypt - you wait and you wait and you wait......... [Smile]

Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com