EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Non smoking restaurants in Cairo?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Non smoking restaurants in Cairo?
Member # 11766

Icon 4 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any one come across any?

We have family coming over for Xmas and one has a fit with smokers..lol. Coming to Cairo too!!

Might be a long 6 weeks!!

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cari Egy
Member # 11970

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cari Egy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know of any myself, but I would love to hear of some places. My husband and I were talking about this last night while sitting in a cafe. We try to sit outside, instead of inside so we can at least get some fresh air. That's one thing I miss about the US.
Posts: 19 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Civil Disobedience
Member # 1051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Civil Disobedience         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck with trying to get 'fresh' air outside in Cairo! I think that you have to go outside Cairo for that!
Posts: 252 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
McDonalds, Hardies and KFC... [Big Grin]

Do you live in Maadi?

Cilantro on Road 9 is non smoking inside and on Nasr Street non smoking downstairs - Not a restaurant but sells sandwiches and salads.

You can also try Spectra (Street 18)... they have a non smoking side with some tables in a corner with a wall between it and the smoking area.

Green Mill (Street 213) has non smoking downstairs.

Fuddruckers (Road 263) only has a small smoking section so you should probably be able to find a non smoking table fairly far from it.

Mermaids on Road 9 could be non smoking (can't remember), but it's fairly small so any smoking section would be practically in the non smoking section.

Lucilles (Road 9) ... has non smoking, but no separators there so you would probably get the smoke.

Not sure for TGI on corniche, but it's American so could have a good non smoking section.

Arzak in the Grand Mall - I don't think you can smoke in there.

That's all I can remember right now.. but if you can get a copy of the Cairo restaurant guide it has a key showing information like that. I think it costs about 20LE.

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NotSleeplessInCairo,

Cheers for the advice but I don't think the mother in law likes fast food joints.

Anyone know of any restaurants? All of the 5 star hotels I have been to have this divider thing which if you are a non smoker is a joke..lol.

Yes,will be a problem I think!

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunburnt
Member # 4986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunburnt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You have my sympathy I have never smoked and DESTEST the smell and the second hand passive smoking that cigarettes etc give off, I have just returned from Scotland and it was heaven as I didnt have to ask for a non smoking table, no smoking in any public place grrrrrrreat.

p.s. got in the lift today after watching it going up and down the floors without coming to the ground, finally got in and it was obvious someone was having a fly puff at 3pm the place was so full of smoke I coulndt get in it

Posts: 167 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com