EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Diploma from another country

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Diploma from another country
Kari6ka
Member # 11260

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kari6ka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone.
I`m going to study management in foreign university (Latvian) and use my diploma here in Egypt. This university isn`t well known in other countries, but the program is authorised. I would like to know if this diploma I`ll get from Latvian university will be useful on the egyptian market, would I have to do something else to make it work here (e.g. exams, tests, etc).? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Posts: 24 | From: Latvia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Kari6ka

I do have an English diplomat in In Business Information technology, and was told, when I was in Egypt that my diplomat does not have any value, as most of the people there, are degree educated, from some very well known universities.

I don't know exactly what you want to do, (working, studying? ) but if you want to work there, without a degree, is going to be difficult.

Good luck

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kari6ka
Member # 11260

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kari6ka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,
I`m going to work in Egypt after i finish my studies. But I would like to know first if this diploma will have value on egyptian market. Please if someone else has any experiance with foreign diplomas, write about it here coz i`m short of time and it`s important decision to take for me. Thanx..

Posts: 24 | From: Latvia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your diploma will not be recognized in Egypt if you want to work for big companies.

Smaller scale companies, especially those who are interested in working in the Eastern European market, might be interested in you, but those are difficult to find.

One exception though.. You can get any job you want if you have the right connections. If you know the right people, you can become the Minister of Education even if you're illiterate. Welcome to Egypt! [Cool]

Good luck.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skidmark
Member # 12158

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for skidmark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
Your diploma will not be recognized in Egypt if you want to work for big companies.

Smaller scale companies, especially those who are interested in working in the Eastern European market, might be interested in you, but those are difficult to find.

One exception though.. You can get any job you want if you have the right connections. If you know the right people, you can become the Minister of Education even if you're illiterate. Welcome to Egypt! [Cool]

Good luck.

SHES RIGHT YOU WILL BE OVER QUALIFIED UNFORTUNATELY [Roll Eyes]

Col Skidoodle

Posts: 51 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kari6ka
Member # 11260

Rate Member
Thanks. I wanna tell about my situation. I married this year and I`m going to live in Egypt from now, but I didn`t finish my higher education yet (I just finished 1 year in Latvian university). I have 2 opportunitites right now: to finish latvian university and get degree of higher education or to take a course in AUC (2 years), but it won`t be higher education... I just dunno what to do.. [Frown]
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kari6ka:
Thanks. I wanna tell about my situation. I married this year and I`m going to live in Egypt from now, but I didn`t finish my higher education yet (I just finished 1 year in Latvian university). I have 2 opportunitites right now: to finish latvian university and get degree of higher education or to take a course in AUC (2 years), but it won`t be higher education... I just dunno what to do.. [Frown]

I don't know about your future plans of living and working in Egypt but even a lesser AUC degree is more recognized than a higher Latvian degree.

You can always contact the AUC for more info. You shouldn't expect to get all the right answers on a forum where people call themselves "skidmarks"!

Big decisions ahead! All the best of luck.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kari6ka
Member # 11260

Rate Member
Thank you My KingdomForATaba2Koshari.. [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com