EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » ES Meet in Cairo!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ES Meet in Cairo!
Member # 11766

Icon 7 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
anyone up for a group meeting in Cairo?
Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
master_mind
Member # 11874

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for master_mind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when and where in cairo?
Posts: 111 | From: somewhere on earth | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for silent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by satanmademedoit:
anyone up for a group meeting in Cairo?

i am in.. but in 2 weeks
after Ramadan and the eid el fitr...
if that is ok with the you...
but strange...no one seems to be interested..
[Confused] [Confused]

Posts: 165 | From: São paulo/Brazil Cairo/Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Screw you
Member # 11942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Screw you         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If was then I would. But I'm not so I can't

--------------------
Learn from the past.
Live in the present.
Hope for the future.

Posts: 1474 | From: in my own paradise | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunburnt
Member # 4986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunburnt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No probs with me but I would like it to be a central location, if your a single woman and your arabic is not great it is not so easy to get to out of the way places. Lol and yes I know it doenst matter what address you give the taxi driver they know it, that is untill they actually have to find it
Posts: 167 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
focus683
Member # 4013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for focus683     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm in
Posts: 169 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for silent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sunburnt:
No probs with me but I would like it to be a central location, if your a single woman and your arabic is not great it is not so easy to get to out of the way places. Lol and yes I know it doenst matter what address you give the taxi driver they know it, that is untill they actually have to find it

hi hi...what is a central location for you..??
do you mean down town..?

Posts: 165 | From: São paulo/Brazil Cairo/Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunburnt
Member # 4986

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunburnt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes down town
Posts: 167 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
count me in too!
Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
master_mind
Member # 11874

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for master_mind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHEN AND WHERE???
Posts: 111 | From: somewhere on earth | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
for me after eid...
where..??any where in Cairo is fine with me..

--------------------
muito obrigado por voces

master_mind
Member # 11874

Rate Member
nice name a place and i,m in
sunburnt
Member # 4986

Member Rated:
What about Mcdonalds or something down in Midan Tahir, im not a mac fan but at least it has air conditioning and cleanish toilets whilst waiting for everyone else to arrive, can also go on somwhere else.
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you will take some pictures of all of you, when meeting up in Cairo then we can add the album to the ES archives "Souvenir of ES members " cheer everybody [Big Grin]
Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
master_mind
Member # 11874

Rate Member
anywhere in down town is ok , just vote for it ,
Mac Donald,s
bonn appetie (nearby the AUC )
ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS?

Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great stuff!

Am glad are some folk who actually want to meet for real and not sit in front of their pc all day.

I will be there for sure..as long as is not 26th - 1st.

Cheers

master_mind
Member # 11874

Rate Member
ok done so everybody who is in please pm your contact details to arrange when and where and make it easier to find the place even if we are lost ok??
master_mind
Member # 11874

Rate Member
ES MEMBERS JOINGING"
1-The Only Brazilian Pharaoh
2-satanmademedoit
3-sunburnt
4-focus683
5-master_mind
please send me your contact numbers in PMS , so that we can keep in touch and see how it works

master_mind
Member # 11874

Rate Member
No replies yet, no suggestion about the place anyway i suggest Bon appetite in Down town nearby the AUC , it,s a nicer place with more room for all of us , but when exactly ???
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snake poison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in
Posts: 517 | From: snake city | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for snake poison     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by master_mind:
ES MEMBERS JOINGING"
1-The Only Brazilian Pharaoh
2-satanmademedoit
3-sunburnt
4-focus683
5-master_mind
please send me your contact numbers in PMS , so that we can keep in touch and see how it works

PMS funny [Big Grin]
Posts: 517 | From: snake city | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
High-Voltage
Member # 10969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for High-Voltage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is an old habit for the seniors ES member as they met already twice in the same year, in the FALOUKA on the nile river in Maadi.

It was like a party as everybody brought some snacks and drinks, they were more than 15 members and I remember the member name who arrange it (Debbi) she is the oldest member here i guess .......

I suggest the Falouka ..........

Posts: 238 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by High-Voltage:
There is an old habit for the seniors ES member as they met already twice in the same year, in the FALOUKA on the nile river in Maadi.

It was like a party as everybody brought some snacks and drinks, they were more than 15 members and I remember the member name who arrange it (Debbi) she is the oldest member here i guess .......

I suggest the Falouka ..........

Nostalgia!! Those days were great!
Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
High-Voltage
Member # 10969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for High-Voltage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shareen ,,,, is that u ? the one who is living in london ..? [Smile]
Posts: 238 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brigitte
Member # 6771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brigitte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First I must know the day and time and why MacDonalds what´s with the Azhar Park near the citadell on the Salah Salem Road

Masalam

Brigitte

Posts: 73 | From: Al Rehab City | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
focus683
Member # 4013

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for focus683     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ooh i love felucca rides, let's do that. Anywhere and anytime (after eid ofcourse) u decide to meet is good for me.
master_mind I'm PMing u my contacts.

Posts: 169 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snake poison
Member # 10674

Member Rated:
Azhar park and falouca sounds nice, better than a coffe shop or McDonalds.
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Um.... its me.. but I dont live in London... do I know you?
Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there
any chance of a meeting between the dates, 24th of oct and the 1st of nov, i will be around for 1 week
love to meet some people
please let me know

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
master_mind
Member # 11874

Rate Member
Hi all , i got some contact and i did call some and we will discuss which day exactly but plz pm me with the best period for u , place
sunburnt
Member # 4986

Member Rated:
Sorry I cant get to Maadi, hope you all have a great time
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snake poison:
PMS funny [Big Grin]

Funny indeed!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
master_mind
Member # 11874

Rate Member
who said maadi, we will be in down town
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sorry I cant get to Maadi, hope you all have a great time

But why????
Maadi is so easy to get to.
-Underground(which has directions in English)
-CTA/ The airconditioned bus that u can get from Giza
-taxi-as a last resort

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:
PMS funny [Big Grin]

Funny indeed!!! [Big Grin]
[Big Grin] PMS is not good for your meet-up
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
High-Voltage
Member # 10969

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Shareen:
quote:

I'm not sure if u are the one I knew or not but we can try.... do u knew anything about MONICA , MSJEN , FANTACHERO , NEFERTITI these are the old members i knew and I wish to meet any of them.
High-Voltage
Member # 10969

Rate Member
quote:
Azhar park and falouca sounds nice, better than a coffe shop or McDonalds.

I agree with that ,,,, but if it's a falouka, we have to have some wind in that day otherwise falouka won't move and i don't suggest motorized falouka because last time i had too much black smoke from the engine cause was broken....
Tango
Member # 10829

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tango     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great idea!!!!

Let's meet alogether! WHat do you think of Shoubra El Balad after Ramadan a night?
Tell me soon my firends!
I love all of you
Bisous
Tamer

Posts: 108 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
please tell me when the meeting will be, i will be there between, 24th and the 1st of november, please let me know, dates, times and where so i can take a taxi
looking forward to my trip now
yr xxxxx

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sunburnt
Member # 4986

Member Rated:
Fellucas are nice but what if someone is late?
also you are "trapped" What if you are on the boat and think mmmm this is not really my thing meeting up with peeps on the net you can't make and excuse and leave.

Most people go downtown and know their way about,and is central for all in Cairo

Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Shareen:
quote:

I'm not sure if u are the one I knew or not but we can try.... do u knew anything about MONICA , MSJEN , FANTACHERO , NEFERTITI these are the old members i knew and I wish to meet any of them.
Sounds like I am the one you knew.... still havent figured out who you are though
High-Voltage
Member # 10969

Rate Member
quote:
Fellucas are nice but what if someone is late?
also you are "trapped" What if you are on the boat and think mmmm this is not really my thing meeting up with peeps on the net you can't make and excuse and leave.

Most people go downtown and know their way about,and is central for all in Cairo

Ok , what about Al-azhar park? it's huge place with many gardens, restaurants , cafe's and also Bathrooms for who might think mmmmm [Smile]

Can we vote for this ....? also I suggest to be in the 28th , it's after Eid and also YORKSHIRE ROSE can attend.........

Member # 11766

28th no good for me..will come to next one.
brigitte
Member # 6771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brigitte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And what time ? And with or without children ?
Posts: 73 | From: Al Rehab City | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
High-Voltage
Member # 10969

Rate Member
Pls vote on my new post ..............
Member # 11766

Okay,I can't make the 28th,so have fun all.

Then who is up to meet downtown on Friday 10th November?

Any ideas on where?

Yana
Member # 11508

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why don't u take any resto by the nile ?
Posts: 311 | From: Armenia | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com