EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Anybody have a Good Lamb Recipe?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anybody have a Good Lamb Recipe?
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everybody,
any body have a nice recipe for leg of lamb?
I've never tried this; the closest thing I've cooked to a leg of lamb is a turkey! So, tips, and details would be greatly appreciated. Should I call the butcher ahead of time, because I want it for eid on Monday?

Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
High-Voltage
Member # 10969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for High-Voltage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi hebbah , if u want it for monday i guess u gotta get it today because most of stores closed.

2 big chopped onions (very small pieces)
garlic
2 table spoons of olive oil
salt and pepper
tomato juice or tomato paste (little bit)
oregna or any herbs u like
1/2 cup of water

mix it all together to get the marinate juice
make wide cuts in the leg to make sure marinate and heat will go deep.
marinate the leg well and rabe it in plastic and leave in the fridge for 3 hours or more.

cook it in the oven , put thin potato chips under the lamb with some salt & pepper , onions , oil and water.

oven on 180 -200 leave it for 2 hours and check after that it might needs more time.

the more time with low heat u use the more u get cooked nice juicy lamb...

afghans and iranians they add full cream milk or yugart to the marinate and that makes it more softer and juicy

Posts: 238 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com