EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » When do shops close?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When do shops close?
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious, when at this time of year do shops normally close? 11 like around here or earlier?
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends on what night it is, what city and also what kind of business it is.

But normally much later than in the USA. My SIL & BIL with the flower shop and a satellite dish store close around 12am every night except Friday. The other BIL and SIL close their pharmacy around 2am.

Pharmacies and the like by law are allowed to stay open later than non-essential shops.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desperate Housewife
Member # 11445

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desperate Housewife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are many shops in Egypt open 24 hours a day, depending on location. Try to be more specific, where are you and what are you looking for.
Posts: 37 | From: egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doodlebug
Member # 11649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doodlebug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Desperate Housewife:
There are many shops in Egypt open 24 hours a day, depending on location. Try to be more specific, where are you and what are you looking for.

Um..I'm in Boston and I was just curious. [Cool]
Posts: 1808 | From: USA | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From what i have seen there is no such thing as a closing law in Egypt. Any type of shop no matter where stays open. They just seem to close whenever they like but saying that you can buy most stuff up to 3am. Carrefour ( the big hypermarket) closes at 2am or later.
Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com