EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Fun things in Cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fun things in Cairo
Loira
Member # 12217

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Loira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys, I know it's a question that has probably been posted a thousand times before, but I beg you to be patient and answer it again [Smile]

Next week I'll be coming to Cairo and this time I'm planning to stay there at least for a year or so. I am in DESPERATE need of a list of FUN THINGS to do... On previous visits to Egypt I went a couple of times to Al Sakia (the Culture wheel) and the Opera, but I never got any further than that...

I'm in for anything: salsa or samba lessons, a French discussion club, Egyptian cooking classes, even a 'how to get married in three months'-course or 'car mechanics for blond women' will do [Smile] Just pottery isn't my cup of tea... [Big Grin]

So please don't hold back and post the address/tel/website of ANY kind of activity you can think of in order to prevent me to die of boredom (any fun clubs for foreigners? swimming pools or fitness clubs? university lectures? etc), I'll be most grateful...

PS: Dutch and German are my mother tongues, but I also have fluent English and French, and get by in Spanish, Portuguese and Italian... But my Arabic still sucks, so the Arabic poetry class will have to wait until next year... [Wink]

Posts: 61 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brigitte
Member # 6771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brigitte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hallo Loira,

In Maadi gibt es das CSA zu finden unter der Webseite www.livinginegypt.org vielleicht findest du dort etwas ausserdem kann ich dir nur empfehlen versuche doch noch das deutsche Magazin "Papyrus" zu kaufen samt Anhang dort sind auch gute Tipps

Masalam

Brigitte

Posts: 73 | From: Al Rehab City | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loira
Member # 12217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Super, vielen Dank !

PS: Was ist CSA?

Posts: 61 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brigitte
Member # 6771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brigitte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CSA Community Service Association

The have activities, Sports, helping people .....

Posts: 73 | From: Al Rehab City | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loira
Member # 12217

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loira     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys, only one reply until now?! Does that mean that there are NO FUN THINGS to do IN CAIRO ????
rollingstone
Member # 12291

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollingstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my name is mohammed i am 24 male , i live in alex i can help you all over egypt except cairo [Smile] ) as i can't live far from the sea , i am dj and i seeking now a dive master jop , i like to travell and make friends if thats ok with u we can have a chat an di can help u then [Smile] , my email is rollingstine3m@hotmail.com
Posts: 11 | From: alexandria | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rollingstone
Member # 12291

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollingstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my name is mohammed i am 24 male , i live in alex i can help you all over egypt except cairo [Smile] ) as i can't live far from the sea , i am dj and i seeking now a dive master jop , i like to travell and make friends if thats ok with u we can have a chat an di can help u then [Smile] , my email is rollingstone3m@hotmail.com
Posts: 11 | From: alexandria | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Loira:

I'm in for anything: salsa or samba lessons, a French discussion club, Egyptian cooking classes, even a 'how to get married in three months'-course or 'car mechanics for blond women' will do [Smile] Just pottery isn't my cup of tea... [Big Grin]

So please don't hold back and post the address/tel/website of ANY kind of activity you can think of in order to prevent me to die of boredom (any fun clubs for foreigners? swimming pools or fitness clubs? university lectures? etc), I'll be most grateful...

You can do any of the above mentioned activities in Cairo; in fact if there's something you always thought about doing, like taking language or dance classes, you might want to consider trying it in Cairo. Most of those activities are very affordable, so it might be a good opportunity to try out something new.

I don't know what you're interested in and I have to run now, but off the top of my head I could think of a few activities you could try out in Cairo:

– Take Arabic classes or classes in any other language. Language classes and private tuition are very affordable in Cairo, so if you always wanted to study another language, go for it.

– Check out G-Mag or Le Croque, they are monthly magazines targeting young people and they always have some good tips for cultural activities or places to go to.

– Learn horseback riding. Riding around the pyramid area or Saqqara on a weekend or an evening is a lovely thing to do.

– Dance lessons, aerobics, yoga classes and such are available all over Cairo.

– If you're interested in art you might take a calligraphy course or drawing classes. Check out the schedule of the Sawy center, they have some interesting workshops and cultural activites:
http://www.culturewheel.com/index.asp

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com