EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » blue washing powder for white clothes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: blue washing powder for white clothes
annie_81
Member # 4149

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for annie_81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, Im sure you have heard of or even used the blue washing powder that makes your white whiter?

Well, I bought some in the market the other day, washed my clothes and now everything is BLUE!!!!! I didnt put more than I usually do, maybe this one was stronger or bad quality? I dont know.

However, what can I do now? I did wash everything with Javex/Clorox in hot water several times and it helped but its still blueish...

In Canada there's a dye remover powder, you boil your clothes in it (yes, boil on the stove) and it removes all stains. Is there something like this here?

Posts: 370 | From: Montreal, Canada + World expat | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Annie,

This happened to me when I put too much blu (via soaking in a bowl). Try washing the clothes in a machine on normal cycle - worked for me. I also tried the bleaches etc and maybe that helped it as well.. finally the blue tinge disappeared [Smile]

I'm not sure about other powders available in Egypt, after my escapade with the blu I gave up and left the whites to the washing machine [Big Grin]

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get Persil or Ariel powder and put half a cup in a bucket of lukewarm water add half a cup of bleach and a few pints of water, it will froth up!! Then put clothes in and stir and leave for an hour. Make sure everything is covered by the water. Then transfer it all to your machine water and all. Add usual powder and half a cup of bleach again and wash on 90 degrees. Should be white as snow!!
Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mother in law turned my white undies blue from this when i first arrive in Egypt, I was too shy to say anything about it.....its strange.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
High-Voltage
Member # 10969

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for High-Voltage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] poor foreigners
Posts: 238 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com