EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » marriage contract ????? please help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: marriage contract ????? please help
bird
Member # 8784

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone please tell me how long it takes to register the marriage contract at Cairo. Ok if I arrive in Egypt at the end of November would there be enough time before the new year to finalise everything with the contract? Also I heard there is a new law from Januray 1st about Egyptian men marrying non Egyptian women, if they do so from January 1st 2007 they will still have to go to the army. Please help me get the correct information. Can you also tell me how long it takes for my husband to get his stuff sorted out. I am from the Caribbean. Please tell me, I really love my husband so much and i want our contract to be registered and for us to start our lives toegther. We are married but the contract was not registered. Thank you
Oh do you know if there is a website where i can see all this information.

Posts: 49 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do you mean you are married orfi and its not been registered in the courts?? or do you mean you want to get married in cairo with permission from your embassy?

Not sure if its any different for you being from the caribbean but its normally about 9-10 days to do all the marriage stuff in cairo and get the papers all back. If you mean registering an orfi it can be done quickly without you being there i think.

Look for information on your country's embassy in cairo, it should be there.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RK
Member # 12254

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard that although an egyptian man marrying a non-egyptian national no longer has to do military service, the process of the army making security checks on the man AND the woman's background in question takes anything from 6-9 months and in the meantime the man is not allowed foreign travel or work in egypt. Anyone have any firm info on this?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com