EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » marriage license

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: marriage license
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does anyone know if you get married in egypt ,do they automatically register your marriage license to the goverment?i was wondering this because of my husbands visa is taking so long . we are married in feb and he still doesnt have his visa.i know in the usa when you get married it goes to a marriage register in a court house and know that you are married but egypt? anyone help?
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uhmm all i know is that when u marry in egypt u have to appear in court, stating that u are who u are and want to get married. Did u make all the marriage papirs with a lawyer.

ofcourse u can also get married at the embassy. dont know what u and u hubby did, but if u are married at th embasssy everything should be registered

Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we got married in a court we have all the papers done and sealed we had our lawyer present and 1 other witness. i just want to know if we are registered with the gov. they said you cant get married in the us embassy. so we went toa civil court
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you did the court thing then you are married in egypt now. only egypt. nowhere else i think.

if you want to be married in the us aswell, then u have to go to the embassey. here u must bring your marriage papir, the passport and a papir from the us stating that u are free to marry. When u are married in the embassey u and u hubby will be married anywhere u go.

Who said u couldnt get married aat the embassy? thats a **** load of lies lol

Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the embassy did and its in a myvisajourney.com so you are saying i am not considered married in usa? i have changed my name my ssn my drivers license and to do this you have to have proof of your name change and i even changed my name on my passport and all i needed was my marriage license.??????????????????????????????
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
well im marrying in the court of egypt to my egyptian guy, and before i go to the embassy and register the papirs my mariage aint valid in denmark. Only in egypt

hmmmm let me look up the info on the internet. give me 5 min doll

imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
http://marriage.about.com/od/international/p/egypt.htm
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
thanks
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
our marriage license are in the us embassy in cairo . this is all too confusing for me . i am going insane [Eek!]
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
its in the us embassy in cairo? then certainly they have registered it for u and your hubby or?
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i dont know thats what i am trying to find out they have lost other documents before so i dont know how to find out if they have them
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
have you tried to email them? or call them to ask whats up
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i have emailed them and called them i just called the nvc in washington and they said they stopped the processing sept 12 on his visa .
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
hmmm sounds wierd. try and email cairo and see if they have the papirs and what happend.
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
they are closed but i sent an email to them
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Micky did you get married at the ministry of justice? If so your marriage is legal and recognized in Egypt and in the US. This kind of confusion is why I can't stress enough the importance of being WELL educated in the marriage/visa process BEFORE getting married in Egypt. It certainly saves a lot of time, money and most importantly..heartache.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
I WAS WELL EDUCATED ON THE VISA PROCESS BUT I MESSED IT UP WHEN WE GOT MARRIED I CHANGED THE VISA STATUS TO SPOUSAL THATS WHAT IS MESSING ME UP. I SHOULD HAVE JUST STUCK WITH THE FIANCEE VISA AND HE WOULD BE HERE BY NOW [Roll Eyes]
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Imagine have you seen Tibe?
Is she okay?
Tell her Hi from tooti and i hope she is okay and enjoying her trip
[Wink]

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
IMAGINE IS TIBE WITH YOU?
unsure
Member # 12244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May I ask why did the NVC stop the visa processing?
Posts: 319 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
it wasnt the nvc it was the embassy in cairo. they are going to find out and let me know
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Madame M.:
Micky did you get married at the ministry of justice? If so your marriage is legal and recognized in Egypt and in the US. This kind of confusion is why I can't stress enough the importance of being WELL educated in the marriage/visa process BEFORE getting married in Egypt. It certainly saves a lot of time, money and most importantly..heartache.

VERY VERY true. [Smile]
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure
Member # 12244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Micky everything will eventually workout.
Posts: 319 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i hope so i will call the embassy tomorrow and ask why they stopped the processing and thank you for your kind words
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i just called the embasyy and they said everything is fine and the case will be done soon and he will get his visa. i am not sure if i believe them . i will believe it when i see it

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com