EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » It's funny (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: It's funny
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's funny how this borad is divided into groups like little religious opposing groups that every now & then have a civivl war

After spending sometime on this board..... i can tell what I have observed

There is an MK group
There is an opposing Toots group
And there is a solo group for Sono

ofcourse there are those who are individuals but they dont come in everyday

If somebody does not agree with MK, he or she joins toots group & vice versa [Big Grin]

OMG, this is funny [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

would you all stop being silly??? [Eek!]

No offence everybody. ok?

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHAT ABOUT ME YOU FORGOT THE BANANA ,IM LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUVE EVERY ONE CANT YOU SEE THAT ,,MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN SHAKE MY TREE U DUNCEY BABES
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *The Dark Angel* aka CAT:

take that out, I don't do competitive popularity crap.

Everyone knows if they back me up they must be nuts, so don't go putting them on the spot.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just an observation........ nothing else

you can back yourself up [Big Grin]

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CAT, who can blame us...... I can't support evil actions of an insane person on this forum who claims to be a 'medical goddess/beauty queen"; someone who doesn't have anything good to say about anyone or anything else - just about herself. She's constantly abusing others to feed her low self-esteem and insecurities. [Frown]

And yes, Sono, doesn't need any support, she's fighting her own battle. Hm, Sono, this is not about popularity here..... [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And there are also those who have popped in regularly for years but dont post much and sit on the fence lol
Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:

And yes, Sono, doesn't need any support, she's fighting her own battle. Hm, Sono, this is not about popularity here..... [Roll Eyes]

Which is why unlike you I don't go around befriending usernames for the sole purpose of coordinating attacks.

Nor have I ever asked a egy-board username to back me up.

I expect more out of people.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katanga we bass
Member # 12233

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katanga we bass     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It's funny how this borad is divided into groups like little religious opposing groups that every now & then have a civivl war

After spending sometime on this board..... i can tell what I have observed

There is an MK group
There is an opposing Toots group

ofcourse there are those who are individuals but they dont come in everyday

If somebody does not agree with MK, he or she joins toots group & vice versa [Big Grin]

OMG, this is funny [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

would you all stop being silly??? [Eek!]

No offence everybody. ok?

Sono is not alone.
I've always voted for her.
Sono, you can count on my vote comes election time.
Sono for president [Big Grin]

Posts: 743 | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samarra_Anissa:
quote:

Which is why unlike you I don't go around befriending usernames for the sole purpose of coordinating attacks.

Nor have I ever asked a egy-board username to back me up.

I expect more out of people.

Sono why don't you just get it? No one wants to become your buddy and battle for you! Because one time you are nice and the next time you are turning totally against the same person. It's like Jackell and Hide, totally frightening! People never know what you are going to do next. Got it now? Good!
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
Sono why don't you just get it? No one wants to become your buddy and battle for you! Because one time you are nice and the next time you are turning totally against the same person. It's like Jackell and Hide, totally frightening! People never know what you are going to do next. Got it now? Good! [/QB]

Sorry Sono, but i must agree with that statement....... I thought a while back that we were sort of buddies or atleast on good terms & i was telling SWYS something about you that wsnt an insult at all...... i was trying to stand up for you without offending you or offending her..... but you turned against me & that's when our fights started

I always thought you were a good person, intelligent & sarcastic & I still do.... although I think you're a little nuts [Big Grin] & who isnt anyway? [Big Grin]

Just as Lazeez said in one of his posts two days ago that you are kind but a little rough around the edges, you have a hard time trusting people & letting them in........ nobody can blame you because life is tough & people are not as good as they seem......... Honestly I used to trust people & they screwed me [Big Grin]

I hope Sono you dont turn against me now [Big Grin]

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Sono why don't you just get it? No one wants to become your buddy and battle for you! Because one time you are nice and the next time you are turning totally against the same person. It's like Jackell and Hide, totally frightening! People never know what you are going to do next. Got it now? Good!

Sorry Sono, but i must agree with that statement....... I thought a while back that we were sort of buddies or atleast on good terms & i was telling SWYS something about you that wsnt an insult at all...... i was trying to stand up for you without offending you or offending her..... but you turned against me & that's when our fights started

I always thought you were a good person, intelligent & sarcastic & I still do.... although I think you're a little nuts [Big Grin] & who isnt anyway? [Big Grin]

Just as Lazeez said in one of his posts two days ago that you are kind but a little rough around the edges, you have a hard time trusting people & letting them in........ nobody can blame you because life is tough & people are not as good as they seem......... Honestly I used to trust people & they screwed me [Big Grin]

I hope Sono you dont turn against me now [Big Grin] [/QB]

Actually we were cool until I took the "Everyone's a Pascha" display name.

I have laid off of you because you grew up in your surroundings and don't realize the impression you give.

I can't hold you responsible because you haven't been exposed to a different worldview.

But you were digging at me before you lost access to your "cinematic" username. You did this so you'd be on the same level with your cronies at www.egyptnowboard.com, but I chose to ignore it.

You got massively on my nerves later with that Skidmark and trashyman dude. I stated this kinda crap was being planned and coordinated over at EN and later you let on that you were doing just that.

Tigerweed and I were on a non-hostile level once, but in order to gain favor with some people she chose to bash me for my former spouse and mine decision to send our daughter to live in Egypt.

Later on she embellished her lies even further claiming my daughter was taken away because I was a bad parent.

Now I held out, tied my fingers in knots for over a year knowing Tigerweed was full of it. If I had pointed out her inconsistancies and straightforward lies earlier then well I possibly would be ahead right now.

This is a freaking popularity game here, with complete strangers, most likely people you will never meet. Why make such an effort to create a online personality and defend it to the hilt?

There was a thread a while back about lying online. Lying in regards to your age, location and education. Only 3 people posted to that thread and I am sure about 30 ES usernames reported it to Sammy because its gone, clarifying how uncomfortable ES is in regards to being honest about who they really are and how much BS they post about themselves.

I think this is the only forum besides the "Drudge Report" that had so many lies and head games plastered all over it.

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:

You got massively on my nerves later with that Skidmark and trashyman dude. I stated this kinda crap was being planned and coordinated over at EN and later you let on that you were doing just that.

I have no idea who skidmark is, honestly

he or she was attacking you also........ but honetly i have no idea who that was......it sounded to me like Tefflon Tuppee..... but I have no idea still......... this username came out of the blue to bash you.... this person is not a member on EN either becuase if he or she was.... i'd have known

Trashy Filthy Man, I know this username & frankly this person didnt attack you, this person was attaching Zaone & Batman but not you...... i remember that very well.... aslo this person is not a member on Egyptnowboard.... that username was created for fun & role play.... honestly.
quote:

I have laid off of you because you grew up in your surroundings and don't realize the impression you give.

I can't hold you responsible because you haven't been exposed to a different worldview.

But you were digging at me before you lost access to your "cinematic" username. You did this so you'd be on the same level with your cronies at www.egyptnowboard.com, but I chose to ignore it.

Please elaborate on these sentence...... i am not sure i understand them right

what impression did I give? i really dont know.

How did I grow up? i need to understand

please explain....... i am not a native american..... so sometimes i dont understand words or sentences [Big Grin]

digging at you =means annoying?

I dont think i was annoying you before the name "everyone's a Pasha" & I dont need to follow anybody to seek approval......... I dont need to backup anybody & nobody needs to back me up

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Sono...... explain, explain, explain [Big Grin]

--------------------
Femme Fatale

tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has to be said that Sono is off her head. Of that we have no doubt, paranoid and delusional. The thing is many things she says just dont come up to scratch. Like she is always banging on about how well off she is, old money and all that crap, brought up in affluent neighbourhood, just loads of crap really. Then next day she is saying she lives in an apartment, drunks hanging around the entrance and floors, scrapping pennies to finish her education, for Gods sake this woman has NO!! washing machine!!!!!!! no car!!!! she buses her laundry across town to mum's house ( the one with the big chandeleir!!!!!)
So honestly...........I doubt much of what she says is truth.
As for the other gang.
Well.....what can I say?
They created another board to diss ES members. They plot and ordinate attacks there. I saw it myself and a member reports what is going on now that it has been closed to outsiders!!! now if there was nothing to hide!! why do this?
Why? because there is much to hide but they are not hiding it as well as they think.
The leader of the Pack MK has never met me. But she knows all about me????? Duh.........she is the sickest of all........delusional, self obsessed, vulgar, Oh I could go on but you all know anyway.
Anyone who supports a person who wishes a slow painful death on anyone ( this came from a moslem!!!) needs their heads checked. Anyone who sends her smilies when she says all women who live in Hurghada have STD's..calling one member a hotel whore!!!are as sick as her. She does not know the difference between right and wrong.....her buddies should be having a word in her diamond laden ears then and telling her..but hey.......why spoil her fun. If she leaves us............who will her next victim be? them possibly?
I have been accused of being many user names!!! nah...........its easier to lump them all onto me than accept that there are others who hate her guts. They either leave because they are so disgusted by her, change id's, sit back hoping she wont attack them, or create id's to attack her.
I say here what I think of her. Her reply will be marmalade toozi or some other rubbish.
I doubt CAT if there will ever be peace till she goes...............oh and by the way she mentioned the language of YR yesterday!! haha
MK is the only one....the only one I have ever seen on this board and there has been some language here I can tell you who used the ultimate word!!! C##T.....so who is the classy lady now?

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

I have no idea who skidmark is, honestly

he or she was attacking you also........ but honetly i have no idea who that was......it sounded to me like Tefflon Tuppee..... but I have no idea still......... this username came out of the blue to bash you.... this person is not a member on EN either becuase if he or she was.... i'd have known

Trashy Filthy Man, I know this username & frankly this person didnt attack you, this person was attaching Zaone & Batman but not you...... i remember that very well.... aslo this person is not a member on Egyptnowboard.... that username was created for fun & role play.... honestly.
quote:

Please elaborate on these sentence...... i am not sure i understand them right

what impression did I give? i really dont know.

How did I grow up? i need to understand

you cant balme me? why?
please explain....... i am not a native american..... so sometimes i dont understand words or sentences [Big Grin]

digging at you =means annoying?

I dont think i was annoying you before the name "everyone's a Pasha" & I dont need to follow anybody to seek approval......... I dont need to backup anybody & nobody needs to back me up

You know I don't have the energy for this today so I will put in two links to help you answer your own questions:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=011754

Cripes you have a short memory:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002202;p=2#000055

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=011612;p=1#000026

I don't know if you are on diet pills or what but you have an extrodinary amount of energy that should've been exhausted for this type of retinue in high school.

Things must not be so darn peachy over at EN for there to be so many spillovers onto ES.

I knew that EN with implode, and in due time it will. [Roll Eyes]

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Guys, i did not create that thread to stir trouble or more fights between memebers....... please guys i did not intend this

Please guys, just have a construction conversation here inetead of bashing each other

the thing about Egypt Now Board which i am member there ........ so more of a private board where we dicuss our opinions about various topics in life without being attacked by people like batman, for instance...... we have no trolls there like him & we almost never had any catfights there..... there is democracy there & I actually trust these people that I opened up to them they opened up to me..... you dont see me post iunfo about therm here & i dont see them do that here like some ES memember do over here

I just wish people are more peaceful over here & get along..... ES has the most notorious reputation among other Egypt boards [Roll Eyes] & so many members fled from ES becasue they were being hacked & they were being slandered

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
Guys, i did not create that thread to stir trouble or more fights between memebers....... please guys i did not intend this

Please guys, just have a construction conversation here inetead of bashing each other

the thing about Egypt Now Board which i am member there ........ so more of a private board where we dicuss our opinions about various topics in life without being attacked by people like batman, for instance...... we have no trolls there like him & we almost never had any catfights there..... there is democracy there & I actually trust these people that I opened up to them they opened up to me..... you dont see me post iunfo about therm here & i dont see them do that here like some ES memember do over here

I just wish people are more peaceful over here & get along..... ES has the most notorious reputation among other Egypt boards [Roll Eyes] & so many members fled from ES becasue they were being hacked & they were being slandered

Yet if you look at the first 20 threads of these bastard boards you will notice that 90% of the threads are either started to bash or slander someone from ES or end up turning into one of those kind of thread by the 5th post.

ES's spawn are started to vent. But not constructively but actually bold faced lies they don't have the courage to post on ES.

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
You know I don't have the energy for this today so I will put in two links to help you answer your own questions:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=011754

Cripes you have a short memory:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=002202;p=2#000055

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=011612;p=1#000026

I don't know if you are on diet pills or what but you have an extrodinary amount of energy that should've been exhausted for this type of retinue in high school.

Things must not be so darn peachy over at EN for there to be so many spillovers onto ES.

I knew that EN with implode, and in due time it will. [Roll Eyes] [/QB]

Sono, I dont want to exhaust you with my overflowing energy [Big Grin] & i dont want to argue with you or have any more fights with you

But replying to "Skidmark" or "Lawrence of a Labia" doesnt mean I know WHO they are...... I was mad at you at the time & I'd say anything to piss you off, I amy even disagree with you on things i might otherwise agree on..... I am being honest here so you should believe me......... Becuase you Sono have an enourmous amout of energy too & enjoy arguing so i was doing the same with you.

And trashy Filthy man was making fun of "lawrence of arabia" not you, in that link you posted.

ANYWAY, SONO I THINK WE ARE COOL NOW....... & I DONT WANT TO GO BACK TO THESE SILLY CHILDISH FIGHTS WE USED TO HAVE BECASUE THAT'S NOT MY NATURE

PEACE [Big Grin]

king-snefru
Member # 11670

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for king-snefru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read what happens and I think that Alpino Eskimo is very mad but clever and I think the nice people who are kind and happy support tooti fruiti , I read what MK says and she seems not a good person and she always attacks people
I said this before

Posts: 121 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
. ES has the most notorious reputation among other Egypt boards & so many members fled from ES becasue they were being hacked & they were being slandered
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is exactly what I said. These members now e mail. The ones who just came for info, a ear to listen were so shocked by the responses they got here on ES that they now e mail!! Now what does that say?
I think you have to judge a person by not how nice they are to you online personally CAT, but by how they treat others.

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The person who always complain about MK must have employed some full time staff, working night and day shift, just waiting, watching every moment the user name " MK " would appear on line, then use any of those multiply user name ( 1 for each member of staff) which has been created just to destroy and cahss away the enemy.

That why some starnge user name now only post on board where the " enemy user name" is posting too.

While the master of this game is writing from therad to thread showing off an amiable and gongenial face using his or her real name . [Wink]

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by king-snefru:
I read what MK says and she seems not a good person and she always attacks people
I said this before

I don't even recall you before saying you would like to meet me and kick me. You must be the most insignificant person on the face of the earth! LOL

Ya lahwi.. I am baaaaad and loving it. [Cool]

Did you see the rad7 show I posted in response to you before ya walad walla shall I post it again to show you where you stand?

Balawi!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's funny how the focus often falls on persona, rather than the debate. One of the qualities I admire is the ability to be magnanimous. From my observations, CAT does this remarkably well. So what if the debate gets a little overheated? Most of us find it difficult to refrain from telling someone exactly what we think of their stance, from time to time. Why can't we cut each other a little slack? Recognising when those we usually clash with make funny or valid points isn't a weakness. The most pitiful people online are the ones who think 'ignoring' is best. I would much see outright adversity than cowardly avoidance and behind the scenes, backstabbing.

Do we have to take sides? Both Toots and MK seem perfectly capable of fighting their own battles. I very much like Toots, and her warm, direct style. MK, I know very little of, so far and my first impression wasn't favourable (mutual, I'm sure). Does that mean that MK's contribution should be disregarded, when she makes interesting or relevant points? No. From my experience, neither Toots nor MK solicits support. Ok, I'm a newbie and might change my mind. Albino, for example, I clashed with on joining ES, To me, Albino seems 90% bonkers but has the ability to sometimes strike right at the heart of an issue. I honestly thought the forum was about debating issues concerning Egypt. We all have a contribution to make, regardless of personal animosity. The truth is that many people seem to enjoy the fights as much as the debates. Is this funny or just human nature?

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by SayWhatYouSee:
It's funny how the focus often falls on persona, rather than the debate. One of the qualities I admire is the ability to be magnanimous. From my observations, CAT does this remarkably well. So what if the debate gets a little overheated? Most of us find it difficult to refrain from telling someone exactly what we think of their stance, from time to time. Why can't we cut each other a little slack? Recognising when those we usually clash with make funny or valid points isn't a weakness. The most pitiful people online are the ones who think 'ignoring' is best. I would much see outright adversity than cowardly avoidance and behind the scenes, backstabbing.

Do we have to take sides? Both Toots and MK seem perfectly capable of fighting their own battles. I very much like Toots, and her warm, direct style. MK, I know very little of, so far and my first impression wasn't favourable (mutual, I'm sure). Does that mean that MK's contribution should be disregarded, when she makes interesting or relevant points? No. From my experience, neither Toots nor MK solicits support. Ok, I'm a newbie and might change my mind. Albino, for example, I clashed with on joining ES, To me, Albino seems 90% bonkers but has the ability to sometimes strike right at the heart of an issue. I honestly thought the forum was about debating issues concerning Egypt. We all have a contribution to make, regardless of personal animosity. The truth is that many people seem to enjoy the fights as much as the debates. Is this funny or just human nature?

At least I didn't hide where my child is living and why.

Tootifruiti has eluded and hide the fact that she left her 10 year old son in the UK to join her husband she met over the internet.

If that isn't bonkers what is?

Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

very well said.
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hibbah
Member # 12156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hibbah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tootifrooti:
. ES has the most notorious reputation among other Egypt boards & so many members fled from ES becasue they were being hacked & they were being slandered
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is exactly what I said. These members now e mail. The ones who just came for info, a ear to listen were so shocked by the responses they got here on ES that they now e mail!! Now what does that say?
I think you have to judge a person by not how nice they are to you online personally CAT, but by how they treat others.

wow...people actually take a website that seriously? like...they actually make the effort to hack into others peoples accounts to slander them?There are some people who appear to be bipolar on this forum, but thats just pathetic. um... could you clue me on some of the other egyptian forums- maybe wheres theres some more positive vibes?
Posts: 1967 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by hibbah:
[Qum... could you clue me on some of the other egyptian forums- maybe wheres theres some more positive vibes? [/QB]

Now Arabi? Got an Arabi keyboard. There are about 4 out there.
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hibbah [Smile]

Albino, revealing personal details online leaves people open to attack. Letting that genie out of the bottle will lead to people empathising or attacking. It's a risky strategy. Toot's contribution to a debate is what interests me. Same with you.

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
MK, I know very little of, so far and my first impression wasn't favourable (mutual, I'm sure). Does that mean that MK's contribution should be disregarded, when she makes interesting or relevant points?

SWYS, I do not have any bad feelings about anyone here. Never thought badly of you. I was just stunned that you thought I was Batty once. And actually I was laughing out loud!!

Some people on this board, like any other forum, are pyschopath(etics [Big Grin] ), and I treat them like I treat patients, that's all.

I'm here for some fun and some business, and I hope you're having as much fun as I am.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
MK,

The remark you made, something about Batman being like a fictional character, inspired my cheeky response. It seemed possible that someone was using that character to illustrate all that is bad about some Egyptian men. I have seen you pose similar questions about Batman now too. I have learnt that even Robert De Niro's acting skills couldn't portray the relentless, shocking ignorance of Batman as effectively. We have to face up to the horrible possibility that Batman could be real!

ES is a volcanic little forum, with some useful discussions. One person's psychopath is another's good friend!

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
It's funny how the focus often falls on persona, rather than the debate.

yeah that drivs me crazy........ people start attacking you for a post you made, a video you posted or an opinion you've stated...... they judge you as if they knew you personally & watched your every move..... and they evade the discussion or topic of debate because it becomes too challenging for them? I find no other reason than that

quote:

One of the qualities I admire is the ability to be magnanimous. From my observations, CAT does this remarkably well.

Thanks [Wink]

quote:

Do we have to take sides? Both Toots and MK seem perfectly capable of fighting their own battles.

I dont think they need anyone to back them up & we dont have to take sides....... everyone should manage on his or her own

quote:

I honestly thought the forum was about debating issues concerning Egypt. We all have a contribution to make, regardless of personal animosity. The truth is that many people seem to enjoy the fights as much as the debates. Is this funny or just human nature?

I also want to use this forum to debate about issues concerning Egypt & I dont like it when people evade the original topic of discussion & get off topic or hijack threads... oky I enjoy humror & a little humor every now & then is good & refreshing but I dont enjoy perosnal attacks & changing topics..... some people like to change topics to their own favor, to prove a point or something.... I dont know......

And I dont like it when people deny our problems in Egypt because it is uncomfortable for them to disscuss them when there are westerners or foreigners around..... they do know all that already, we are hiding nothing from them...... Infact denying our faults is gonna look worse than actually admitting them. Westerners have their imperfections too & they know it..... this is not a battle or a fight between Egyptians against foreigners.... who's better than who. This is not supposed to be a game who's gonna end up superior to the other

tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
magnoona anissa
your facts are wrong!

newcomer thank you for that and for bringing some sense here.
CAT yes you are right!!! so right!!! applause!!!
I like you very much! you say it how it is and I admire that because that is what I do. The problem lies in the fact that if 'THE FOREIGNER' does speak out about egypts'imperfections' they are gunned down.
I think you will remember when MK stated categorically that'it is okay for me to talk about the problems of my country but foreigners cannot and should shut up' . Nice!
When Charm was here we all went through the MK routine, so we tried to ignore her, she kept up, we tried to ignore, told her to piss of but as she admitted 'she was bored' and was enjoying herself, so we fought back.
What she done to Charm was despicable and ended up in Charm leaving at a very sad and difficult time in her life That is when she really needed support on the forum and that is when MK found her weakest and went for the kill!
That was so sad.

But one thing seems that most are in agreement that Samarra is Magnoona and a bit more than 50%!!!
[Big Grin]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
^^ First off, it's "piss off", double F. But that's no lady language anyway. [Wink]

Everyone who was here long enough knows this is not totally true. I was after Charm because she was rude to everyone who came asking for help. And you also aren't very different. You are a racist who thinks of herself as a higher rank than Egyptians. I beat the crap out of you and now you know where you stand, a bit! But you're still so mad that you keep PMing every new member to turn them against me (and see if I care!)

And btw, before Charm went off we had a talk and she apologized and I also did and wished her the best for her difficult life. Not that I care for you to know.

There are so many foreigners on this forum who criticize Egypt but still keep a respectable tone and I have nothing but respect for them. Take Dalia and NewComer. Learn anything from them. But hey, did you learn anything from us telling you not to buy the plane ticket before the visa comes? No! Did you listen to us when we said don't ship your stuff? No! You only listen to your hysteria.

It's only you and your rude tone. Now you are so obsessed with my criticism and even forgot that you're here to discuss Egypt, you're only discussing MK MK MK MK MK MK.. Watch you back, MK might be looking at you through the window now!

Mind you, that is good for my "experiment". [Wink] But in the mean time it's really really bad for your skin. [Big Grin]

Ya lahwi! Get a life ya sett enty!

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
CAT yes you are right!!! so right!!! applause!!!
I like you very much! you say it how it is and I admire that because that is what I do. The problem lies in the fact that if 'THE FOREIGNER' does speak out about egypts'imperfections' they are gunned down.

I think you will remember when MK stated categorically that'it is okay for me to talk about the problems of my country but foreigners cannot and should shut up' . Nice!

Thanks Toots, I like you too [Smile]

As much as I am angry with how my country is like & would like to speak up & vent, I still know that alot of Egyptians are sensitive about this, it's a cultural thing that I have to put into consideration........

Egyptians are aware of their faults but they dont like it when outsiders critisize them...... They have mixed feelings of superiority & pity ........ maybe it has alot to with history & how superior Egyptians were centuries ago & then what a pity when they have been occupied by almost every empire there was. And Egyptians dont like it when they feel that foreigners are behaving in a superior way

I guess....... maybe my analysis is wrong

quote:

When Charm was here we all went through the MK routine, so we tried to ignore her, she kept up, we tried to ignore, told her to piss of but as she admitted 'she was bored' and was enjoying herself, so we fought back.
What she done to Charm was despicable and ended up in Charm leaving at a very sad and difficult time in her life That is when she really needed support on the forum and that is when MK found her weakest and went for the kill!
That was so sad.

I am sorry Toots but I dont agree with you on this....... Charm made a terrible impression on me.......... she seemed extreemely unpleasant & aggressive. MK is a very special person but I am sorry that not so many people on ES see that

quote:

But one thing seems that most are in agreement that Samarra is Magnoona and a bit more than 50%!!!
[Big Grin]

Samrra yes is magnoona & so am I [Big Grin] ......... but I kinda like her..... this woman has a lot of guts, I like that

Toots, we can agree to disagree [Big Grin]

SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
CAT: ''As much as I am angry with how my country is like & would like to speak up & vent, I still know that alot of Egyptians are sensitive about this, it's a cultural thing that I have to put into consideration........
Egyptians are aware of their faults but they dont like it when outsiders critisize them...... They have mixed feelings of superiority & pity ........ maybe it has alot to with history & how superior Egyptians were centuries ago & then what a pity when they have been occupied by almost every empire there was. And Egyptians dont like it when they feel that foreigners are behaving in a superior way

I guess....... maybe my analysis is wrong''

CAT, your analysis seems astute to me. Egyptian friends have expressed a similar viewpoint. Some of the tensions on ES can be explained by your summary. The cynicism foreign input is sometimes met with can be unfair. Many non Egyptians care about the hardships endured by the Egyptian people and detest the expat mentality. It's frustrating to try to overcome this barrier but worth the effort. On the flip side, it must be excruciating for Egyptians to listen to uninformed opinion from some ignorant westerners. I honestly think that empathy is often wrongly labelled as pity. Would it better to have no feeling for human rights issues around the world? Should we only care for those who share our political views, when many nations struggle for independence throughout the world?

There is a myriad of reasons and contributory factors, that account for defensive national attitude - including the colonisation of Egypt throughout the ages, life under the current dictatorship, economic hardship, poor education and international tensions. Basic, everyday annoyances and culture clashes also add to the explosive mix. I understand the resentment felt by many and the injustice of not being able to get on and run your own country. It's reassuring to find Egyptians who are able to distinguish between a heated exchange of views and foreigners wanting to take over your country. Perhaps these questions are best left to a new thread. I bet this topic has already been exhausted on ES in the past but I am new to the forum and find the range of views interesting.

tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
'I was after Charm because she was rude to everyone who came asking for help'.

Completely not true!

'And you also aren't very different'.
You have no idea at all!!!

'You are a racist who thinks of herself as a higher rank than Egyptians.'

This is so funny!! I am married to an egyptian so how come I am racist? I have more manners than many egyptians I have met if that makes me of higher rank so be it!

'And btw, before Charm went off we had a talk and she apologized and I also did and wished her the best for her difficult life'

I know exactly what you done to her!!when she was beaten and kicked by you she apologised on her last thread to everyone not just you!! I did not see you apologise to anyone publicly! That is the difference between you and her!

'I beat the crap out of you'

Another typical MK expression [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

'you keep PMing every new member to turn them against me '

you really think I have to PM anyone? when you do such a fantastic job exposing yourself here for all to see !

'respectable tone'
is something you know nothing of with 'hotel whore' std infected hurghada wives.......the hundreds of similair expressions you use!

Plane ticket!! please find where you said this!! lies!! again
Shipping I did listen to many others but my circumstances were different but you would not know about that. Again I recieved no advice from the great MK!! My shipping would have been fine if it had gone to the correct port where there was someone to get it through so again you know nothing!!

Dont look through my window psycho!! knock the door. I'm waiting.............

Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm here pretty regularly and I don't feel I fall into a group. Cliques are for kids.
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

SWYS, but I think we can tell who's an informed foreigner & who's not & we can tell who really cares & empathises & who doesnt care at all......... maybe once this trust is established constructive debates can begin

That's why there is no need for us to be defensive or offended as long as we are having constructive debates....... Ofcourse it is constructive when we are debatibng with foreigners who care, we may disagree still on some points due to culture differences or misunderstandings

while leading a constructive discussion. It's good to be open to new thoughts & ideas, it's called brain storming which is interesting & constructive. And it is never bad to teach an uninformed or biased foreigner something new.......... we are here to learn & not impose

So I am not offended but others may just be

--------------------
Femme Fatale

SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Heh, CAT. Sometimes we can learn as much from the completely mad contributions, as the saner ones. As long as we learn, or have a laugh, the typing is worth it. [Smile]
maryanne
Member # 9311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maryanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sound like you all want to kill each other ..Why waste your time in backbiting each other.

--------------------
Every morning is a fresh beginning. Every day is the world made new. Today is a new day. Today is my world made new. I have lived all my life up to this moment, to come to this day. This moment - this day - is as good as any moment in all eternity.

Posts: 224 | From: england | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
Originally posted by maryanne:
Sound like you all want to kill each other ..Why waste your time in backbiting each other.

no that's not true [Big Grin]
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
CAT
first off I am not a typical expat. I live with arabs, half gulf and half egyptian, no europeans. I do not mix with europeans at all except when they come to visit me or I visit them and those are not residents in egypt. When someone says something negative about brits! I more than likely agree with them. To me the tone matters not, its the content that concerns me. If its true then I will agree. The difference I have found here in Egypt is the reverse is often the case. If an egyptian man steps on my foot and I complain, he will say I should not have my foot there. If an egyptian man pushes me aside in a queue and I ask him to get back in line he will insult me. You see what I find is egyptians find it hard to take the blame. I walk down the road and if someone bumps into me I automatically apologise, that is what we do in the west. Even if it is not our fault. Both sides apologise. But in Egypt it is different. I apologise when someone bashes me or pushes into me and they walk on regardless. I find the whole manner thing a problem. When an egyptian grows up never feeling that they are wrong, not feeling they should apologise, they give the impression of being superior, to me.

Scenario
true

I was being attended by an assistant in buying a lawnmower at Dandy Mall.
We had spent about 10 mins and the assistant was explaining the different features to us. Mid sentence a man came up to the assistant and walked between my husband and him and started to ask about fertilizer!! mid sentence!! This is usual in Egypt. The assistant then stopped talking to us and walked towards the man. I went to the man and asked him did he speak english. He said yes smiling. I said I was being served, and would he wait turn. The assistant did not know what to say or do. I then continued to discuss the lawnmowers, then man clearly upset gestured again to the assistant saying he was in a hurry. I said please leave it to another time, the man then looked beyond me to my husband who had missed what happened and said ' I speak to him' I said no I am the one who is speaking to you so deal with me. He then said if you were an egyptian women I would have thrown you against the wall by now!!
It continued and my husband spoke to him and he went. The assistant apologised for the man and said it was a misundeerstanding!!

Okay
This type of thing happens regularly. You see it yourself, but you dont do anything about it. I see it all the time in shops. You as egyptians accept this rudeness. We as westerners dont! that is why we complain, speak up, an egyptain man may throw his wife across the room????
He can think me superior, I really dont care what he thinks to be honest. But you must understand that we!! come from a different culture. In our country this would not be accepted. We wait in turn and give respect to the people who have queued.
Certainly many egyptians will be offended that I speak as I do. I am equally offended by the way they treat me and each other.
Its not about superiority. Its about giving rights to people. Its about respect. About manners. If egyptians dont respect each other I dont expect them to respect me or my culture. But does that mean I should be like them. Push past in queues?, barge into people in the street, speed up to pedestrains on the road?
I think I will stay as I am, and hope that everytime someone does it to me and I complain that they might take note and learn that respect is two way.
I have to admit that my husband for being an egyptian is so very different to what seems the norm. He has travelled, he has seen how things can be improved, he wishes his own country could learn and develop and become a great nation again. The people need to wake up and start listening to people like yourself, even if they cannot stomach hearing it from the 'foreigner'
[Wink]

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Toots, i also find it very rude when Egyptians bump into me without saying sorry, I say sorry anyway but they dont..... aslo when i am in a store & get out, I normally hold the door behind open me so that it doesnt hit people as they want to exit or enter........ they never look at me or say thank you.........

When i am in europe this is totally different, europeans are very ploite........ So yes, there is a huge amount of rudeness among Egyptians........ they are so grummpy when you see them in the streets....... also there are very nice ploite people I feel ashamed of myself if I was grumpy [Big Grin]

--------------------
Femme Fatale

tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
quote:

not at all Maryanne

ES should be about helping each other. That is what I try to do. I get sick of the insults I really dont have the time for it. I have better things to do.
I am accused of hating egypt and egyptians, being racist..........
I have made arrangements to drive to a hospital I dont even know where for Gods sake the other end of Cairo to give a donation to help an egyptian girl who was burned. That is what I and my husband think is important. We give of our time and our money to help egyptians. As he says our reward will be in heaven!! God help me.
We pick up bricks off the highway and throw them into the desert as the mad drivers swerve to avoid us! but we dont want anyone to have an accident in the dark. My husband picks up broken glass and bottles off the pavement and bins them ( Oldbag can testify!! haha) so that no one gets injured. Sometimes it takes me twice as long to get home because a lorry has shed stones on a desert road and we kick them to the side!!
Many think I hate egypt and egyptians. They dont know me at all. I wonder right now how many ES'rs are planning a visit to the hospital?
I may make spelling mistakes but I know my heart is good and to me that is all that matters.
[Smile]
ps I will update you all on the condition of the girl if she has survived and if we can find the hospital!! lol

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
quote:

not at all Maryanne

ES should be about helping each other. That is what I try to do. I get sick of the insults I really dont have the time for it. I have better things to do.
I am accused of hating egypt and egyptians, being racist..........
I have made arrangements to drive to a hospital I dont even know where for Gods sake the other end of Cairo to give a donation to help an egyptian girl who was burned. That is what I and my husband think is important. We give of our time and our money to help egyptians. As he says our reward will be in heaven!! God help me.
We pick up bricks off the highway and throw them into the desert as the mad drivers swerve to avoid us! but we dont want anyone to have an accident in the dark. My husband picks up broken glass and bottles off the pavement and bins them ( Oldbag can testify!! haha) so that no one gets injured. Sometimes it takes me twice as long to get home because a lorry has shed stones on a desert road and we kick them to the side!!
Many think I hate egypt and egyptians. They dont know me at all. I wonder right now how many ES'rs are planning a visit to the hospital?
I may make spelling mistakes but I know my heart is good and to me that is all that matters.
[Smile]
ps I will update you all on the condition of the girl if she has survived and if we can find the hospital!! lol

Not everything judgement of another online is true..... what about Butters who accuses members who dont pray 5 times as kaffir?

My point is, it is hard to judge somebody behind a screen......... no matter what they say online

Dont take anything at face value

And that's for everyone [Wink]

tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
quote:
Toots, i also find it very rude when Egyptians bump into me without saying sorry, I say sorry anyway but they dont..... aslo when i am in a store & get out, I normally hold the door behind open me so that it doesnt hit people as they want to exit or enter........ they never look at me or say thank you.........

When i am in europe this is totally different, europeans are very ploite........ So yes, there is a huge amount of rudeness among Egyptians........ they are so grummpy when you see them in the streets....... also there are very nice ploite people I feel ashamed of myself if I was grumpy [Big Grin]

Yes Cat it is sad but true. There are good and bad everywhere. Its good to complain though. Its good to learn from other nations. I love the egyptians for their sense of humour, but just as long as your not laughing at them!! haha
If you want to see grumpy faces take a walk down Westminster!!! now thats grumpy!! [Big Grin]

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish that we could all try to get on,

I belive that when someone comes on here, feeling sad, lost and doesnt know how to sort something out alone, we should try to help them and give the best advice we can, like team work, Not try to scratch the eyes out of them, be cruel and say bad sarcastic things to them, i had this and it doesnt help, it makes you feel much more sad,
people come here to get away from reality and have a bit of a laugh and to learn alot,

ive also had war with a few people and i dont like it, i do understand that a person needs to have there say, ok, this is fine, but we have to understand that the there are real people behind these screens , with hearts and feelings and we should try a little to not be so hard and cruel, even if it is about someones spelling mistakes, so what, it doesnt matter the way there writing looks, Lifes to short to be petty over small matters, Lets tryu to enjoy, our lives, make the best and move on, i really wont become friends with these people and would never trst or belive them, but you cant trust everyone,

tooti, can make any disicion she likes about her child, this is nobodys buisness, you have no right to judge her, she has her reasons, and that is no ones bloody right to bring this up on this thread,

dont listen to them honey,

king you sound a very good person, you can spot the baddies,

i do belive there is a goodie group and a bullie group, or should i say there is one bully ring leader,

Tooti, i will always be with you, you are kind , lovely and very good fun,
I will just say, tooti is not pm ing and turning people against Mk and so on

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Madame M.:
I'm here pretty regularly and I don't feel I fall into a group. Cliques are for kids.

You're cool ya bent [Smile]
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're cool too ya gameel [Smile]
Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was faster than the speed of light ya Madame
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com