EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Egypt bus crash kills 18, injures 16

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egypt bus crash kills 18, injures 16
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tuesday November 14, 05:58 PM

Egypt bus crash kills 18, injures 16

Eighteen people were killed when a public bus and a truck collided on Tuesday on a highway south of Cairo, security sources said.

Another 16 people were injured in the early morning crash, the latest in a series of deadly Egyptian transport accidents that have sparked public anger at what critics call the government's failure to enforce safety standards.

The sources said the bus was carrying passengers from the southern city of Assiut to Cairo when it collided with a truck travelling in the same direction. The impact caused the bus to overturn.

Reckless driving and the poor condition of roads are blamed for many road crashes in Egypt.

Dozens of people have been killed in a recent spate of rail and road crashes.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/061114/2/11f3v.html

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
king-snefru
Member # 11670

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for king-snefru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Roads are not that bad tigerlily
it is the reckless driving .

90 % of the crashes in Egypt caused by microbus drivers and 10% caused by the young drivers who are driving NEW cars

The government does nothing to stop the bleeding on the egyptian roads.

Posts: 121 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by king-snefru:
Roads are not that bad tigerlily

You're kidding?
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
18 killed

Interesting how the numbers of those killed in car accidents are becoming a normal day news that most are not bothered by them anymore.

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
king-snefru
Member # 11670

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for king-snefru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LaZeeZ I meant that not the state of the roads which cause the crashes .
but the drivers themselves.

Posts: 121 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

I mean roads from A-z, and this include traffic signals and raod security not just how stright is the road. we have very bad planned cross road and fast roads where people with camels can cross anytime.

In terms of driving skills, most Egyptians are very skilled but they know little about traffic laws and signals!

I tell those microbus drivers, you can win car races with those skills you have but we are not suppose to see those car races in streets where people walk, and you will acknowledge this fact when some strict laws come with high fine that will make you look with the eyes in your back to make sure you're not breaking any laws.

We need good law enforcement ya King. Look at how Egyptians in the west drive and you will know it's about law enforcement not just a habit. You don't let people in chaos and expect order to be everywhere.

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im sorry guys, but i think they are driving really crazy there, there doesnt seem to be any road rules, everyone does what they like, It is understandable there are alot of crashes

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cairoexpat
Member # 1023

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cairoexpat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do you always expect the Egyptians to change, this is who they are and this has alaways been there way.
Posts: 133 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mal
Member # 12314

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I have only visited Egypt once a few weeks ago and am going back there next Thursday.
I must admit getting into a taxi in Sharm was narrowing my life expectancy by 50% - (why do drivers drive over the white line in the road whch divid the road into two lanes) and why is it that when you do have two cars (one in each lane next to each other) do other drivers honk their horn and overtake between them?
Are there any rules or laws for driving out there? Is there a driving test as such? Are these drivers insured? Is there a min age for driving?
We were planning on hiring a car in Sharm next week to travel to 'El Tour' - do you think this would be a bad idea?

Posts: 53 | From: Dartford, Kent. | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by king-snefru:
LaZeeZ I meant that not the state of the roads which cause the crashes .
but the drivers themselves.

Get to know the cabbies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zs0mCgtvYDs

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Very nice video Sono! I watched it all

Thank you

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com