EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Egyptian police find explosives, arms in Sinai... (again!)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian police find explosives, arms in Sinai... (again!)
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptian police find explosives, arms in Sinai

Police find large quantities of explosives, weapons in Central Sinai; unclear whether arms were destined for smuggling into Gaza

Reuters Published: 11.21.06, 01:04

Egyptian police found 2-1/4 tons of explosives and large quantities of weapons, including antitank mines and rocket-propelled grenades in central Sinai on Monday, security officials have said.

One official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Reuters late on Monday the arms were found in two hideouts in the Libni mountain area in central Sinai.

The explosives were found during a police raid in the area of al-Maghara mountain, the official said. It was not clear if the weapons or the explosives were destined for smuggling into
the Palestinian territories, he added.

Israel has said repeatedly that tons of munitions and explosives are being smuggled through tunnels from Sinai into the Gaza Strip but has presented scarce evidence that Gaza gunmen use such weaponry.

Monday's find brings to more than four tons the explosives that Egyptian police have seized in Sinai during November alone.

More than 100 people were killed in bomb attacks in tourist resorts in Sinai between October 2004 and April 2006.

Egypt has blamed the attacks on an Islamist militant group called al-Tawhid wal Jihad (One God and Jihad) and says the group is made up of Sinai Bedouin with militant views.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still not going there~
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Still not going there~

Haha, you remember.... Don't worry I am not a tourguide! [Big Grin]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol well if you were, you would know all of the places NOT to go [Wink]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
its not that bad im go all the time and they are lovely there theres expslosives every where and they always pick on the north sinai ,,been there done it had it and not and been pissed off for id why me is NORTHENER ...SINAI IN THE NORTH IS BEAUTIFUL AND LOVELY I SHANT HAVE ITS NAMED TAINTED ,BLOODY GOVERMENT ....
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, Smuckers, are you sure? I would be like: "Come on, ladies and gentleman, don't worry, it's just a ton of explosives, step over it, nothing to be afraid of.... we have them all over here!!!" Still interested in the trip? I give you a very special Egyptian price! [Big Grin]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

lol it might bring in the sick and twisted tourists! [Wink] [Razz]
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was a typing mistake in Al-aharam Newspaper.

They corrected it in their second edition. It was meant to say 'mokhadarat' not 'motafagirat'. Drugs not explosives yaani.

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Yeah right, Lazeez, I am sure Reuters was quicklier in contributing the news then al ahram was able to publish it.

And also the Reuters report has details of the findings so what are you talking about? [Confused]

LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't yeah right me
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Middle-East correspondent told that it happens often; Western press-agency`s bring out news about the Middle-East before the agency`s in the Middle-East are doing.They`re simply faster...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Yea no surprise there, good article as usual though Tiger, meow! [Razz]
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesnt matter how many explosives they find, it will not keep me from going to sharm or aswan or anywhere else in egypt.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com