EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Hotel costs for Egyptians

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hotel costs for Egyptians
AntonD
Member # 11376

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AntonD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been told that Egyptians pay a cheaper rate at hotels than foreigners, is this true also for a foreigner with a residence visa?
Posts: 52 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. They simply show the most cheap document. [Smile]

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never understood why is there's always 2 costs for everything in Egypt,one for Egys and one for tourists.I'm quite a frequent traveler,and at least to the countries i've visited Egypt is the only one i've experienced this...
Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because the Egyptian government wants Egyptians to see their country.

with 70 million people and 40% middle class there is a huge untapped potential for tourism, domestic tourism.

The exchange rate is horrid for Egyptians nowdays and when you are coming to Egypt with foreign money everything is cheaper.

I think its fair.

I have only gotten the "Egyptian" price for things a few times. And those are times when its offered, actually forced on me. The ticket dispenser dude, or dudette asked if I was legally married, and my in-laws inform the dude or dudette that we were married in Minnesota her eyes light up and she gives us the Egyptian price.

Usually that person then dotes on me and follows me around, explaining that her/his son/nephew is married to an American in California, Chicago, someplace and she is the sweetest woman. Blah, blah, blah, blah.

I agree with the Egyptian/Tourist price system. Otherwise all tourism related activities/events would be out of the price range for most Egyptians.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mizz Pickle
Member # 12509

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mizz Pickle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
" Usually that person then dotes on me and follows me around, explaining that her/his son/nephew is married to an American in California, Chicago, someplace and she is the sweetest woman. Blah, blah, blah, blah."

you dont half talk some CRAP!

Egyptian prices are NEVER!!! forced on anyone not even on the EGYPTIANS!!! haha

As for the ticket seller. If they leave selling the tickets to follow you around and dote on you, who takes over selling the tickets?

You are full of it [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 27 | From: LI New York City | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mizz Pickle:
" Usually that person then dotes on me and follows me around, explaining that her/his son/nephew is married to an American in California, Chicago, someplace and she is the sweetest woman. Blah, blah, blah, blah."

you dont half talk some CRAP!

Egyptian prices are NEVER!!! forced on anyone not even on the EGYPTIANS!!! haha

As for the ticket seller. If they leave selling the tickets to follow you around and dote on you, who takes over selling the tickets?

You are full of it [Roll Eyes]

Actually you weren't there when it happened.

like a number of new usernames half your posts are directed negatively at me.

Don't you have any other reason to be on ES besides harp on me?

If so many people are willing to create usernames just to bash me then I must be doing something right.

Because I haven't felt the need to do the same.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com