EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » How did you learn arabic?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How did you learn arabic?
Nubia
Member # 13300

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nubia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm new in Cairo and looking for ways to study arabic. As I'm working all day long, I don't have time to attend the group courses and I think most of them are too expensive (in terms what the teacher gets in the end).

Do you know of any other language schools than the "famous" ones (kalimat, ILE, drayah, auc, fajr,......)

It would be great if you (as a non-arabic native speaker) could post me your experience with studying arabic here in Cairo.

If you're taking private lessons and your teacher would like to have more students, please provide me his/her contact details via pm.

Posts: 6 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Buck Naked
Member # 13323

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buck Naked     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the kind of enquiry I believe this board was designed for! Unfortunately these days there are too many sugarmamas posting with fake usernames. But notice how sammy is so quick to delete posts by other ESers who tell it as it is. Yeah, truth hurts
Posts: 135 | From: I leave you with your misery, a friend who won't betray! | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nubia
Member # 13300

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nubia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"This is the kind of enquiry I believe this board was designed for!"

That's why I've posted it, assuming many foreigners living in Cairo are using it and could share their experiences....

--------------------
"Man fears Time, yet Time fears the Pyramids."

Posts: 6 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nubia
there is a member wiz name Dahlia here in this forum shes german n has experience in arabic language study

she may be busy these days
u can pm her

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile;u=00010593

Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The TalkingShadow OF TylerDurden
Member # 8430

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for The TalkingShadow OF TylerDurden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NUBIA...R U FROM NUBA??PLEASE REPLY
Posts: 74 | From: cairo | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
noon elmagnoon
Member # 13356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for noon elmagnoon         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nubia:
I'm new in Cairo and looking for ways to study arabic. As I'm working all day long, I don't have time to attend the group courses and I think most of them are too expensive (in terms what the teacher gets in the end).

Do you know of any other language schools than the "famous" ones (kalimat, ILE, drayah, auc, fajr,......)

It would be great if you (as a non-arabic native speaker) could post me your experience with studying arabic here in Cairo.

If you're taking private lessons and your teacher would like to have more students, please provide me his/her contact details via pm.

Posts: 63 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nubia
Member # 13300

Rate Member
ok, thanks to all who've sent me a pm.

Finally found a teacher and now I'm wondering what are the prices??? How much is the usual tuiton rate?? Tell me ur experiences!

BTW
Still looking for a room though :-(

--------------------
"Man fears Time, yet Time fears the Pyramids."

zaphirelee
Member # 11074

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zaphirelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was quoted 50 pounds an hour in Alexandria for private lessons.
Posts: 153 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com