EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Fitted Kitchens

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fitted Kitchens
nafisa
Member # 11509

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nafisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi

Can anybody recommend any could shops in Cairo that sell good quality fitted kitchens? I am soooo tired of the kitchens that the local carpenters make and just want to fork out some extra money and have a decent, well made fitted kitchen put in. If anybody has ever had this done would be interested in costs and what shops you used etc. Would prefer individual experience than a list of links to websites.

Any help much appreciated.

Nafisa

Posts: 51 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 people I know of used Contistahl,and they came out beautiful.
They are pricey, and you get onto a waiting list, but their work is excellent, and I believe there is a lifetime warrantee.

website is......
http://www.contistahlgroup.com/CONTISTAHLGROUP_main.html

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had mine made in Meffco Helwan on the Pyramids Road directly opposite Habitat.
Meffco Helwan is a huge furniture store on 3 levels and they will make kitchens to order.

It has 4 double base units one with double drawers, plus one unit with 4 drawers, 3 double wall units with spice rack below and a side curved full length unit for liquiders etc plus long granite worksurface.

It was 6000 le a year and half ago.

The ones in Constantahl as Jean said are very nice but hubby always tries to buy 'Egyptian' so we got ours there.

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, we looked at Contistahl, but they were outa my league.
so we went to MFFCO -same place as you did, and had their engineer come out and measure, and design the kitchen layout according to what I had envisioned (he did a 3D computer layout from all angles), and then had a carpenter do it all. Lots cheaper than even MFFCO wanted to charge us.

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avali
Member # 14242

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avali     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got mine at woodpecker /city stars for 47 000 LE.
Its a really cheap work ofcourse all done by a local carpenter.for the first look seems gr8,but if u start seeing the details!!!!!!!!!!
In the contract they said they deliver in 40 days (!!!),we got it after 3 months instead!
Conteshtahl is also damn expensive,they say they get everything from germany, its not true,but they still charge imported thing price.
Good luck!!

Posts: 76 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
47,000le

was it gold encrusted????

[Eek!]

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My kitchen cost me like 12000 EGP. and took like 6 weeks to finish..I chose expensive black marble..if you want granite is cheaper.The place is called "Homes" in Obour buildings opposite October 6th. Panorama on route to Heliopolis owner is Eng.Amr El Rayess mob.0122157921, excellent work.I bought it in May 2007.
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine is made by Amr Helmy and I paid like 18K 3 years ago, and they sure did a good job.
Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nafisa
Member # 11509

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for nafisa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks very much for all this info.Dzosser - was yours a proper fitted kitchen, not one a carpenter made just to fit your kitchen? Also - Karim, please could you give me further information on Amr Helmy, is this the name of the shop? Where would I find it? Do they have a showroom where you can see the kitchens?
Would be grateful if anybody else has info on any other shops/showrooms

Posts: 51 | From: England | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nafisa
Member # 11509

Member Rated:
Karim - I have managed to find the website for Amr Hemly. I really like the look of these kitchens. Which design did you go for? The price that you paid, did this include the cooker/white goods etc or was this on top of this price?
nafisa
Member # 11509

Member Rated:
The more I am looking at Amr Helmy's website - the more I am lovin' his kitchens. I want one now!!
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nafisa my kitchen is fitted..the material used is MDF and not wood,also bear in mind that the chasis is laminated contar wood..Amr Helmy is the top of the class in Egypt and uses wood and expensive material like Labrador marble and German accessories..excellent finish, you are paying for all that.
Always go for the best when it comes to bathrooms and kitchen where excessive use is involved..you don't want any problems all the time,right.

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nafisa
Member # 11509

Member Rated:
I thought that the price Karim said he paid for his Amr Helmy was cheaper than expected. He said 18k, but in what currency? Egyptian pounds? That to me just seems very cheap for a top class place. If that pricing is correct then I am v happy.
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the simple one, prices can hit up to 100k

quote:
Originally posted by nafisa:
Karim - I have managed to find the website for Amr Hemly. I really like the look of these kitchens. Which design did you go for? The price that you paid, did this include the cooker/white goods etc or was this on top of this price?

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
18K LE ya but I got simple one, you can pay as much as you want over there.

quote:
Originally posted by nafisa:
I thought that the price Karim said he paid for his Amr Helmy was cheaper than expected. He said 18k, but in what currency? Egyptian pounds? That to me just seems very cheap for a top class place. If that pricing is correct then I am v happy.

nafisa
Member # 11509

Member Rated:
Phew! 100k gives me heart palpitations.
Anybody else out there got a fitted kitchen?

MrAshraf
Member # 12894

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrAshraf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have used Amr Helmy also and recommend this company highly. You get what you pay for. Professional company and beautiful finished work on time.
Posts: 77 | From: Cairo Egypt | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know a manager at wood pecker ,if u need anything from there pm me and we can make sure abt a good price plus delivery time and maintenance

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avali
Member # 14242

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Avali     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
blah esso7,i just told u about woodpecker.they were jerks .we dealt with all of them,liars,liars,liars +thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 76 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
great8
Member # 18157

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for great8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone use "Amaken" for designing and building a kitchen? I am trying to have custom made kitchen in my new appartment.it is a large kitchen and i really do want your regular egyptian style ugly kitchen
Did anyone use "Amaken" , "Homes","Decorama" OR ANY OTHER COMPANY THAT CAN DELIVER High end quality kitchen without losing an arm and a leg in the process
I walked in and asked every compny if they had a profile or photo gallary of actual kitchen remodels that they have done and they all looked at me like iam out of space.HELP!!

Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Used "Homes" back in 2007 for my Ain Sokhna kitchen..they were fabulous in everything, the cost was rather high due to the double black marble, you can replace it with granite if you wish..they're on Salah Salem, Obour buildings opposite Panorama 6 October..the owner is Amr El Rayes, mobile :0122157921.
great8
Member # 18157

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for great8   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone use "Amaken" for designing and building a kitchen? I am trying to have custom made kitchen in my new appartment.it is a large kitchen and i really do want your regular egyptian style ugly kitchen
Did anyone use "Amaken" , "Homes","Decorama" OR ANY OTHER COMPANY THAT CAN DELIVER High end quality kitchen without losing an arm and a leg in the process
I walked in and asked every compny if they had a profile or photo gallary of actual kitchen remodels that they have done and they all looked at me like iam out of space.HELP!!

Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
great8
Member # 18157

Rate Member
Thank you so much Dzosser for attaching a picture and the contact number
what kind of would did you use for your cabinets?how do you like your kitchen?was it exactly as you envisoned it?and how is the marble for kitchen use?everyone is telling me that it is not as strong as granite and it does stain easily and deos not wear as well as granite what is your opinion?

great8
Member # 18157

Rate Member
sorry not a fast typer,i meant what kind of "wood" did you use

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com