EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » How to deal with sexual harassment (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10   
Author Topic: How to deal with sexual harassment
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
Yes,in fact my 2 harrasments in Egypt ever both took part in Tahrir.And im wayyyy more Egyptian looking than you both. [Big Grin]

Yes, definitely. [Big Grin] But it's not about looks, the guys there can usually tell by your manners etc. whether you're a tourist or a person living there going about their business. I very rarely get the annoying "welcome to Egypt" in that area either.
Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So in conclusion it makes no odds how you dress or look the guys are still gonna bother you. [Big Grin]
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nasto
Member # 17091

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nasto   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *Dalia*:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nasto:.....
I wasn't being aware of any outburts, but I'm curious to know what it says about my brain. [Wink]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nasto:

Do tell us about those ways. I'm sure millions of women in Cairo would be very grateful for the advice.

Dalia,
Just re-read your own post addressing my comment. I find it offensive. No matter how much you are passionate about some topic it does not give you right to attack a person and question the existence of her/his brains. It’s just rude.

Regarding the advice, I do not see any point of restating the same things that have been said on this thread or on the thread regarding a black American coming to Egypt. No, I do not suggest that women should be held responsible for being harassed. But I also believe that educating and polishing men’ manners in this part of the world will require very long time. Just few days ago I came across an article that stated that 90 percent of Canadian women will experience sexual harassment at some point in their working lives. In Canada! So, here, in Egypt, if ever the stage when we can walk without being harassed will be reached, it will occur not in our lifetime. Hence, we need to learn avoiding.

As for me, I rarely walk the streets and when I have to go on open I ask some of the family or friends to accompany me. Even then I hear “welcome to Egypt” but I ignore it since I know that it won’t go any further.

Posts: 132 | From: Alex | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QB]I made a similar loud [Big Grin] scene like that on one of my Cairo visits while walking around Tahrir Sq.
Seems that is a heavy area for harrasment since on that same place i had my butt slapped by another youngster,that time he ran off away [Mad] [QB]

LOL.. [Big Grin]

*Slaps Sashy on butt and runs* [Razz]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
[QB]I made a similar loud [Big Grin] scene like that on one of my Cairo visits while walking around Tahrir Sq.
Seems that is a heavy area for harrasment since on that same place i had my butt slapped by another youngster,that time he ran off away [Mad] [QB]

LOL.. [Big Grin]

*Slaps Sashy on butt and runs* [Razz]

Sooo it was YOUUUUUU the slap and run dude,huh? [Mad]

I must have suspected from the beginning!!!

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nasto:

Dalia,
Just re-read your own post addressing my comment. I find it offensive. No matter how much you are passionate about some topic it does not give you right to attack a person and question the existence of her/his brains. It’s just rude.

Well, I found your comment rude, thus my reply.

As you can easily see from reading many of the comments in this thread, sexual harassment is not a laughing matter, it's a serious issue for many women here, and it's impacting the lifes of countless people. I find it more than just a bit offensive to flippantly say we should just be grateful for it. It also shows that you have not understood the core issue -- that harassment is not about flattery or attraction, but that it's a power game.

I'm sorry, but I believe a woman who finds harassment flattering has a problem with her self confidence imo.
Personally, I get enough compliments about my looks from friends or acquaintances, those are the ones I find flattering. Random comments from lowlifes on the street are the opposite, they make me feel humiliated and disgusted.

quote:

As for me, I rarely walk the streets and when I have to go on open I ask some of the family or friends to accompany me. Even then I hear “welcome to Egypt” but I ignore it since I know that it won’t go any further.

So your advice is that we should go out as little as possible, or have a male accompany us if we do? Do you really think that's practical and helpful? Well, I don't. I live in Cairo because I love it, and I also love the street life, why should I spend my time hiding away in my house -- surely that can't be a solution?

Also, many of us living here, me included, have jobs and a social life, so we have to be walking the streets. I don't have a husband or relatives, and it would be more than just a bit impractical to ask male friends to accompany me every time I need to go out.

I am also a bit confused because I find your comments on this thread contradictory. First you say you don't get harassed because you are supposedly too old. Then you say it's a matter of learning how to deal with it, and now you're saying the solution is going out as little as possible and only do it in company. So which one is it?

You say that Egypt will not change during our lifetimes, and you might be correct. But not staying silent about the issue is a first step. I remember when I first moved to Cairo the beginning of 2003 I was met with a wall of silence whenever I talked about it. Now I notice that people, particularly Egyptian women, are starting to talk about it more openly, and imo this is a positive development.

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nasto
Member # 17091

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nasto   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I am old but still retain some allure [Smile] Besides, it is written all over me that I’m not an Egyptian which makes me a subject of additional attention. But I’ve learned my lesson and do not repeat my mistakes.

I am not saying that we should stay home. Drive your car, for example, or get a taxi driver who will pick you up when you need a ride. Many employers here provide transportation to their employees. If you need to walk go to a club where incidents of harassment are limited. I mean - reduce contact with the wild street, do not wonder around alone in certain places. But as you’ve said you like the street life. Hence, you expose yourself to unpleasant/annoying encounters.

Posts: 132 | From: Alex | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://dostor.org/ar/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=39236&Itemid=1

[Mad]

أكد مصدر أمني لـ «الدستور» أن عدد حالات التحرش التي ضبطتها مديرية أمن القاهرة أمس - الأحد - في ثالث أيام العيد بلغت 3 حالات تحرش فقط بمنطقة سيتي ستارز بمدينة نصر، وأوضح المصدر أن عدد البلاغات التي تلقتها المديرية بحالات تحرش بلغت 90 حالة، بالإضافة إلي تحرير 156 محضر معاكسة، تم فيها إلقاء القبض علي شباب أثناء محاولتهم التحرش بفتيات في الحديقة الدولية والمولات التجارية الكبري وشوارع منطقتي مدينة نصر ومصر الجديدة.

وفي محافظة الجيزة ألقت مباحث الجيزة القبض علي 18 شاباً خلال تحرشهم بفتيات داخل حديقة الحيوانات، أما في محافظة حلوان فبلغت حالات التحرش في أول وثاني أيام العيد 35 حالة وتم تحرير 11 محضر معاكسة و4 محاضر فعل فاضح في الطريق العام أغلبها في منطقة المعادي وكورنيش النيل،

وبذلك يصل إجمالي حالات التحرش وفق إحصاءات غير رسمية إلي 314 حالة بمحافظات القاهرة والجيزة وحلوان فقط، ولم تصدر وزارة الداخلية أي بيانات رسمية عن حالات التحرش التي حدثت خلال أيام عيد الأضحي في مختلف المحافظات، وأشار المصدر الأمني إلي أن كل الشباب الذين تم القبض عليهم في حالة تحرش بفتيات تم إخلاء سبيلهم بعد عرضهم علي النيابة وفي انتظار تحديد موعد للمحاكمة.

وفي جريمة بشعة، التقطت عدسة «الدستور» صوراً عديدة لفتيات عند تحرش مئات الشباب بهن في حديقة الفسطاط بشارع صلاح سالم بالقاهرة أمس الأول - السبت - ثاني أيام عيد الأضحي.

وكان لافتاً غياب أجهزة الأمن عن حماية الفتيات مما أدي إلي تفاقم الأزمة، ولم تجد الفتيات سوي الصراخ والبكاء ومحاولة الهروب للإفلات ممن يتحرشون بهن إلا أن الشباب ظلوا يطاردونهن ويحاصرونهن ويعتدوا عليهن، في مشهد مخز في ظل تقاعس الأمن وإدارة الحديقة عن حمايتهن.

ونشبت مشاجرات عديدة بين الشباب وذوي الفتيات أدت إلي إصابة بعضهم، وتوضح الصور مشاهد مخذلة، فبينما تصرخ فتيات «محجبات» في وجه أحد الشباب الذين تحرشوا بهن إذ بهن تجدن شباباً آخرين يتحرشن بهن من الخلف ويلمسون أجسادهن.

Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not going to stop walking the streets and compromising my freedom becasue of dudes with foul mouths and dirty minds! I am opposed to it but certainly not scared of it.

I get harrassed IN taxis by TAXI DRIVERS... but I am not the shy retiring type and I always tell them my thoughts!!!

We all have ways of dealing with the verbal side of harrassment, we are all different. But mine works for me... hence I still go out and about at night on my own... [Big Grin] Cocky lil ferret [Big Grin]

I could hire myself out as a bodyguard!!!!!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:

I am not saying that we should stay home. Drive your car, for example, or get a taxi driver who will pick you up when you need a ride. Many employers here provide transportation to their employees. If you need to walk go to a club where incidents of harassment are limited. I mean - reduce contact with the wild street, do not wonder around alone in certain places. But as you’ve said you like the street life. Hence, you expose yourself to unpleasant/annoying encounters.

I don't have a car and certainly don't want to own one in Cairo. [Wink] I take taxis, the metro, and sometimes microbusses depending on where I have to go.

What you are writing above wouldn't work for me; as I said, I am not living in Cairo in order to hide away in houses and cars.

I live in Maadi, and do a lot of walking there, harassment is minimal compared to other parts of the city, so that's great.

quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:

I am not going to stop walking the streets and compromising my freedom becasue of dudes with foul mouths and dirty minds! I am opposed to it but certainly not scared of it.

Same here.
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The nightmare of sexual harassment in Egypt

by Dalia Ziada
24 November 2009 in Egypt, Sexual Harassment, Women

It is the patriarchal mentality that holds women accountable for the mistakes of men.

Three years ago, a number of bloggers on their way back home after celebrating Eid el-Fitr in downtown Cairo, saw a group of men standing around Talaat Harb Street, harassing every woman passing by, including those wearing the full-veil, or niqab! The bloggers could not help but take photos of the shocking scene with their mobile phone cameras and published the incident online.

The shocking story was, then, picked up by different local and international media. Simultaneously, some women’s rights groups started calling for ending sexual harassment against women. Ordinary people, especially women, have been encouraged to speak more about their personal experiences with sexual harassment and are thinking of brilliant and creative ways to stop it.

Before this horrible incident in 2006, sexual harassment, either verbal or physical, was one of the biggest taboos in society and women did not dare to complain about it in public. Even the state-owned media kept telling illusionary statements about Egypt as “the safest country in the world” in comparison to other countries in the West where rates of harassment and rape are very high.

However, in the closed female communities, girls schools for instance, women used to speak a lot about the harassment they suffer in public transportation, in the street and sometimes from their male relatives or friends of the family. Sometimes, the women shared ideas, secretly, with each other on how they could protect themselves against harassment. Some young women, especially university students, usually carry weapons, sprays, or small pins, in their handbags to use when necessary to stop the one harassment.

Sexual harassment in Egypt has two forms; verbal and physical. The verbal harassment is like when a boy tells a girl passing by that she is so beautiful or says a word that indicates that he has some sexual interest in her. This does not include direct interaction between the victim and the perpetrator. A girl is usually instructed to go away and never talk to the man harassing her. If she did, every one will look down at her as an impolite girl! Moreover, the boy will be encouraged to harass her more if she responds to him in any way.

“Men are like dull dogs in the street. When you pass by them, they might bark at you,” said Karima, a middle-class, well-educated mother of five girls. “If you ignored them, they will not bark again. But if you responded to them, they will bite you. This is what I am telling my girls to do: to ignore the boys harassing them and go on their way.”

Physical harassment is absolutely every type of physical action toward a woman. This might include touching a woman’s body in a way that offends her; i.e. without her permission. This usually happens in the stuffed public transportation vehicles and sometimes in the subway and workplace. Unfortunately, women in Egypt did not have the courage to speak about this sort of harassment until after the famous incident of Noha Roushdy.

Noha is a young girl who was physically harassed by a truck driver. Noha did not follow the mother’s advice of “ignoring the dog barking at her.” Instead, she stopped him and took him to police station. Everyone blamed her for this, including the people who witnessed the incident with their own eyes and who know well that she was a victim. However, they were blaming her because she is a woman and she should not be so dare to fight with a man in the street, even if this man harassed her.

However, Noha won in the end the perpetrator was sentenced to three years in prison! The brave Noha encouraged other, ‘weaker’ women to take a stance and made men think hundreds of times before they approach a woman to harass, either physically or verbally. For sure, they do not want to spend years in jail for a pleasure that leads to no real sexual satisfaction.

The problem of sexual harassment in Egypt has to do with the general mentality of the society. Today’s Egypt is infected with two main diseases: religious extremism and patriarchy. Unfortunately, the only victim for both is the woman, who is always burdened with keeping the ‘honor’ of the family.

The religious nature of the Egyptian people, which once was one of their best characteristics, turned into a catastrophe when it grew – due to different political and economic influences – into religious extremism. The woman under this extremist society is always viewed as a sexual object, created only to please the man and satisfy his physical needs. Extremists always fail to view women as real human beings who are 100 percent equal to men.

At the same time, this trend of extremism puts people under physical and psychological depression and encourages men to think all the time that whenever they interact with a woman they will lose control over their physical desires. For them, the woman is a devil that should not mingle with men unless covered from head to toe; wears no perfume; and preferably never goes out of her home in order not to tempt men and spread vice in society!

“Do not blame me, you should blame her. She encouraged me to harass her.” You will hear this sentence from most of the men practicing harassment. They usually justify their actions by saying that the woman they are harassing is not covered, or wearing hijab, or she wears makeup, etc. Blaming women for the mistakes of men.

For a man who embraces such foolish ideas and looks down at women as a sexual object who forces him to lose his strength in controlling his desires, sexual harassment of women is always viewed as a right, not a mistake.

BM

http://bikyamasr.com/?p=6020

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zarahan aka Enrique Cardova
Member # 15718

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zarahan aka Enrique Cardova     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What does Islamic teaching say about men doing this sort of thing? And what do religious leaders say?

--------------------
Note: I am not an "Egyptologist" as claimed by some still bitter, defeated, trolls creating fake profiles and posts elsewhere. Hapless losers, you still fail. My output of hard data debunking racist nonsense has actually INCREASED since you began..

Posts: 5905 | From: The Hammer | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by zarahan:
What does Islamic teaching say about men doing this sort of thing?

Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and keep covered their private parts, for that is better for them.
God is fully aware of what you do.

24:30

basha
Member # 17145

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for basha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually they are doing their best but no body listens
Posts: 50 | From: heliopolis | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by basha:
actually they are doing their best

Who?
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Harassment across Arab world drives women inside

By SARAH EL DEEB (AP) – 17 hours ago

CAIRO — The sexual harassment of women in the streets, schools and work places of the Arab world is driving them to cover up and confine themselves to their homes, said activists at the first-ever regional conference addressing the once taboo topic.

Activists from 17 countries across the region met in Cairo for a two-day conference ending Monday and concluded that harassment was unchecked across the region because laws don't punish it, women don't report it and the authorities ignore it.

The harassment, including groping and verbal abuse, is a daily experience women in the region face and makes them wary of going into public spaces, whether it's the streets or jobs, the participants said. It happens regardless of what women are wearing.

With more and more women in schools, the workplace and politics, roles have changed but often traditional attitudes have not. Experts said in some places, like Egypt, harassment appears sometimes to be out of vengeance, from men blaming women for denied work opportunities.

Amal Madbouli, who wears the conservative face veil or niqab, told The Associated Press that despite her dress, she is harassed and described how a man came after her in the streets of her neighborhood.

"He hissed at me and kept asking me if I wanted to go with him to a quieter area, and to give him my phone number," said Madbouli, a mother of two. "This is a national security issue. I am a mother, and I want to be reassured when my daughters go out on the streets."

Statistics on harassment in the region have until recently been nonexistent, but a series of studies presented at the conference hinted at the widespread nature of the problem.

As many as 90 percent of Yemeni women say they have been harassed, while in Egypt, out of a sample of 1,000, 83 percent reported being verbally or physically abused.

A study in Lebanon reported that more than 30 percent of women said they had been harassed there.

"We are facing a phenomena that is limiting women's right to move ... and is threatening women's participation in all walks of life," said Nehad Abul Komsan, an Egyptian activist who organized the event with funding from the U.N. and the Swedish development agency.

Harassment has long been a problem in Mideast nations. But it was little discussed until three years ago, when blogs gave posted amateur videos showing a crowd of men assaulting women in downtown Cairo during a major Muslim holiday in one of the most shocking harassment incidents in the region.

The public outcry sparked an unprecedented public acknowledgment of the problem in Egypt and elsewhere in the region, and drove the Egyptian government to consider two draft bills addressing sexual harassment.

Sexual harassment, including verbal and physical assault, has been specifically criminalized in only half a dozen Arab countries over the past five years. Most of the 22 Arab states outlaw overtly violent acts like rape or lewd acts in public areas, according to a study by Abul Komsan.

Participants at the conference said men are threatened by an increasingly active female labor force, with conservatives laying the blame for harassment on women's dress and behavior.

In Syria, men from traditional homes go shopping in the market place instead of female family members to spare them harassment, said Sherifa Zuhur, a Lebanese-American academic at the conference.

Abul Komsan described how one of the victims of harassment she interviewed told her she had taken on the full-face veil to stave off the hassle.

"She told me 'I have put on the niqab. By God, what more can I do so they leave me alone,'" she said, quoting the woman. Some even said they were reconsidering going to work or school because of the constant harassment in the streets and on public transpiration.

Where segregation between the sexes is the norm and women are sheltered by religious or tribal customs, cases of sexual harassment are still common at homes and in the times when women must venture out, whether to markets, hospitals or government offices.

In Yemen, where nearly all women are covered from head to toe, activist Amal Basha said 90 percent of women in a published study reported harassment, specifically pinching.

"The religious leaders are always blaming the women, making them live in a constant state of fear because out there, someone is following them," she said.

If a harassment case is reported in Yemen, Basha added, traditional leaders interfere to cover it up, remove the evidence or terrorize the victim.

In Saudi Arabia, another country where women cover themselves completely and are nearly totally segregated from men in public life, women report harassment as well, according to Saudi activist Majid al-Eissa.

His organization, the National Family Safety Program, has been helping draft a law criminalizing violence against women in the conservative kingdom, where flirting can often cross the line into outright assault. Discussion of the law begins Tuesday.

"It will take time especially in this part of the world to absorb the gender mixture and the role each gender can play in society," he said. "We are coping with changes (of modern life), except in our minds."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iidoHMTy-5acCoKKFeK5eXO3eOMAD9CJP4SO1

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Law must 'protect Egypt's women from harassment'

AFP - Egypt's deputy parliament speaker said women needed a law to protect them from sexual harassment which had reached "savage" levels in the country, Al-Destour newspaper reported on Tuesday.

"There must be a law to protect Egyptian society from collapse," the newspaper quoted Zeinab Radwan as telling a conference on sexual harassment on Monday.

"There is a savage attack on Egyptian women with sexual harassment on the streets. It has gone beyond all limits with the harassment of children," she said.

Sociologist Ibtihal Rashad, who also attended the conference, agreed and said: "There is no protection for the 18 million (female) citizens of Egypt who are affected."

Women's rights groups in Egypt have long campaigned against sexual harassment and assault in Cairo, accusing police of ignoring the phenomenon.

Convictions are relatively rare in Egypt, which does not have a law defining sexual harassment, but a court in 2008 sentenced a man to three years in jail for groping a woman.

According to the Egyptian Centre for Women's Right, which organised the conference, 83 percent of Egyptian women and 98 percent of foreign women in Egypt had experienced sexual harassment.

The 2008 study said only 12 percent of the 2,500 women who reported cases of sexual harassment to ECWR went to the police with their complaint.

http://www.france24.com/en/node/4949054

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
I wonder when anything will happen in favor of women in Egypt. It's a shame and disgrace what's going on.
MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MotherEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
I wonder when anything will happen in favor of women in Egypt. It's a shame and disgrace what's going on.

this the only thing Dog lilly and her other log in names wants the world to know about Egypt !!

sexual harassments
gigolos
ripping tourists off
tourists are getting killed in Egypt
Drugs

and imagine anything bad and you will find in her 30.000 posts

Now i have to run , i am late but first i have to get my drug dose ,drive my car and kill some western , **** i run out of benzen ,,no worries i ll stop by and ripe some tourists off ,,,full tank boy and quick ,,i still have to sexually harassment some poor undertroden Egyptian women,,, hey women do not scream or fight ,,i have no time to waste because my 90 years old girl friend are waiting for me after she gets ripped of by my brother ,and sex-H by my cousin....
**** ,,she is not here ,,her phone is off ,,,oh Devil ,,she gets killed in a car accident by my uncle [Smile]

And you want me to believe she wants to improve Egypt and she is not doing this in purpose and she is not paid by some dirty organization :: [Smile]

run to supermarket and replace my mind with a naive one made in china ,,,wait for me please i ll come back sweet,ass liker and full supported of doglilly great work

Posts: 565 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by MotherEgypt:

this the only thing Dog lilly and her other log in names wants the world to know about Egypt !!

The world knows about this already. Travel guides and embassies are warning people about the sexual harassment they will experience in Egypt. And if you talk to women who have travelled to Egypt, this is often the first thing they will talk about. If I tell people back home I'm living in Cairo, I very often get asked how I manage to deal with this.

As has been mentioned earlier in this thread, this problem will damage tourism in the long run. So if you are so concerned about your country and its image, you should contribute towards solving the problem, instead of whining that people are talking about it, don't you think?

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
M.E. I have to agree....

sexual harassments
gigolos
ripping tourists off
Drugs

appear to be the few topics regular posters are willing to discuss.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *Dalia*:
quote:
Originally posted by MotherEgypt:

The world knows about this already. Travel guides and embassies are warning people about the sexual harassment they will experience in Egypt. And if you talk to women who have travelled to Egypt, this is often the first thing they will talk about. If I tell people back home I'm living in Cairo, I very often get asked how I manage to deal with this.

As has been mentioned earlier in this thread, this problem will damage tourism in the long run. So if you are so concerned about your country and its image, you should contribute towards solving the problem, instead of whining that people are talking about it, don't you think?

How does a bunch of khawagaas "talking online" solve anything?

And statistically how does Egypt fare in these few situations comparative to other nations? Regular posters go on a blue streak like it doesn't happen anywhere else in the world.

Yet the ES characters who are obessed with these few subjects won't discuss anything nice about Egypt.

It makes you wonder, especailly the ES characters who don't live there and have only been in Egypt a few times bother to post on ES at all?

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by metinoot:
M.E. I have to agree....

sexual harassments
gigolos
ripping tourists off
Drugs

Add to this an abused khawaga wife locked up by some sleaze bag refusing to give her money, food and key..seeking a visa. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
M.E. I have to agree....

sexual harassments
gigolos
ripping tourists off
Drugs

Add to this an abused khawaga wife locked up by some sleaze bag refusing to give her money, food and key..seeking a visa. [Roll Eyes]

And this current ESers is probably the 8th woman to ask for help in the last 3 years concerning confinement.

8th woman.... versus 50-200 nonsensical, idiotic, off topic and very egy-bashing crap that never ends.

Dzozzer with all the egybashing that goes on ES why does this woman bother you? Because it could easily happen to an Egyptian woman as well?

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
What bothers me Sono is that the whole thing is a scam posted by a regular ESer who's bored and needs to make up a story about Egyptian men and how they abuse khawaga women..nothing is true.
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
What bothers me Sono is that the whole thing is a scam posted by a regular ESer who's bored and needs to make up a story about Egyptian men and how they abuse khawaga women..nothing is true.

How do you know it isn't true?

[Roll Eyes]

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
How would a prisoner of Zenda parachute haphazardly on ES by mere coincidence without even mentioning a word about how the hell she discovered our beloved forum ??? [Confused]
MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MotherEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Add to this an abused khawaga wife locked up by some sleaze bag refusing to give her money, food and key..seeking a visa. [Roll Eyes] [/QB][/QUOTE]

if you mean this lady in helwan as she said ,,,please read her post carefully ,,she is fooling us ,,,she says she is an American but can not speak proper English ,,
and her story is very broken pieces..
she is using the internet to post in Es but in the same time she can not send an e mail her embassy [Smile]
i have sent her a message asking her to give me her address and i ll get her out of this situation without any troubles ,,,,but never replies !
by the way i do not deny such a thing in Egypt as i see it all over the world as well ..

but again any of you accepting a 19 years old boy friend she has to understand this is an exchange deal ,,she get sex and he gets money ,,,all of them know that fact but they go blind till she can not afford any more paying for sex ,,and she starts crying [Smile]
why a 19 years old guy sleeps with his grand mother or mama if he has sweet Russians every where looking for proper life and proper boy friend to start a family or to have a healthy equal relation.

Posts: 565 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

It makes you wonder, especailly the ES characters who don't live there and have only been in Egypt a few times bother to post on ES at all?

yes sono, why do you still bother? [Confused]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:

Because I am tied to Egypt for life.

You on the other hand are not, nor are you legally working, legally married nor legally residing in Egypt. Yet you remain... [Roll Eyes]

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
How would a prisoner of Zenda parachute haphazardly on ES by mere coincidence without even mentioning a word about how the hell she discovered our beloved forum ??? [Confused]

I found ES by search engine.

I "piggy backed" on other's wireless signals until I hunkered down and bought wireless access last August.

She stated she is Lebanese and was married at age 16 then brought to the USA. This is about the only way an Arab woman can enter the USA and gain citizenship.

Her situation isn't pleasant, but it least its personal. Because she isnt throwing down uselss insults and exeragerations its to be taken seriously.

She's not joking around, she isn't fun, its personal, and she's in crisis.

Naturally her posts are fun, they aren't an online party so therefore you must figure out how to force her out.

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Sono...any person with little common sense (Neanderthal) knows how to SAVE some money aside for emergencies like going into hospital or at least medication, food or clothing, let alone money for a taxi to the embassy.

Once she's inside her embassy it becomes possible for her to contact her folks for anything that would put her back on a plane home.

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sono...any person with little common sense (Neanderthal) knows how to SAVE some money aside for emergencies like going into hospital or at least medication, food or clothing, let alone money for a taxi to the embassy.

Once she's inside her embassy it becomes possible for her to contact her folks for anything that would put her back on a plane home.

Right now 4 different western (khawagaa) ESers don't have emergency money set aside. They sold everything they own and handed all their money to their gigolos. Can I mark quoted post above that when any one of these four khawagaas need emergency help and a way out of Egypt you will give them heck, belittle, patronize and deny their circumstances?

It'll be a wager between you and I.

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You really have to have an income to save money. If someone is not being given a penny how can they possibly save for a taxi ride?

And speaking of Embassies...someone told me recently if I ever travel around remote areas of Egypt I should hide my American passport and claim to be Canadian. Why? Figure it out.

Furthermore, it is not the embassy's job to rescue damsels in distress. She didn't come online and ask us to rescue her either. She just wanted to vent her frustrations.

Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
How do you know they've not saved some dough for the great escape ?? They're on ES and know this could happen to them any day. [Confused]

I talked to a young British girl on a flight to Luxor madly in love with a felluca guy and told me he doesn't want her for money, I told her its the visa he's after, she swore that he's already married with kids and never will leave his hometown Luxor..I wanted to put her on the next flight back to London, but what the heck..its her life after all. [Frown]

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
How do you know they've not saved some dough for the great escape ?? They're on ES and know this could happen to them any day. [Confused]

I talked to a young British girl on a flight to Luxor madly in love with a felluca guy and told me he doesn't want her for money, I told her its the visa he's after, she swore that he's already married with kids and never will leave his hometown Luxor..I wanted to put her on the next flight back to London, but what the heck..its her life after all. [Frown]

See this is what I don't understand. Why do these women go for men who are married? Isn't this considered cheating?
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
7ayat cheating is genetic in our country..we both know that, I'm sorry but its the truth.
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:

Because these gals are plum dry, as in not having to file taxes in their home nation and not having enough to pay land taxes for a home not registered in their name!

Also not having money for air fare for a trip home for the holidays, family transitions, getting sued... they don't have an emergency fund. Its all gone.

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Legally an embassy is responsible for the safe return of its respective citizens, well being and protection..if a chick knows how to find her way to a man of any kind, she obviously can find her way to her own embassy.
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Legally an embassy is responsible for the safe return of its respective citizens, well being and protection..if a chick knows how to find her way to a man of any kind, she obviously can find her way to her own embassy.

Dude do we have a wager?
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

You on the other hand are not, nor are you legally working, legally married nor legally residing in Egypt. Yet you remain... [Roll Eyes]

tied to Egypt for life, so you have been told and accepted you will never have your daughter back.
I work legally
I am legally married
I am residing in Egypt legally.

you are not here, you are living a reasonably life in USA when your kid is living in a third world country being cheated out of a better life and education because her mother would rather be fooking around with different men, on and offline.
[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Dude do we have a wager?

Hell no !! I don't take rubber checks... [Razz]

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Legally an embassy is responsible for the safe return of its respective citizens, well being and protection..

In matters of life and death only. Not to be rescued from bad marriages.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

tied to Egypt for life, so you have been told and accepted you will never have your daughter back.
I work legally
I am legally married

you are not here, you are living a reasonably life in USA when your kid is living in a third world country being cheated out of a better life and education because her mother would rather be fooking around with different men, on and offline.
[Roll Eyes]

Ayisha you don't know my family circumstances. You don't know how I am doing financially, I make good pay but I am on reduced hours due to the economy while still paying full student loan payments. My daughter is going to a private school accredited by the US State department, she is recieving a US education. She is having a vastly superior childhood to what either me or my spouse had. Her living standards aren't poverty she lives among the top 5% of Egypt while both my ex and I are living below middle class for sure though we are being paid middle class wages.

our money goes to our child, your money goes to your second gigolo.

I do know that if you were legally married you'd have a residency permit instead of a tourist visa.

You don't pay taxes to the Egyptian revenue, your boss direct deposits your pay into your UK bank account without reporting your earnings to the Egyptian revenue service.

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I work legally
I am legally married

[Roll Eyes]

Ayisha you don't know my family circumstances. You don't know how I am doing financially, I make good pay but I am on reduced hours due to the economy while still paying full student loan payments. My daughter is going to a private school accredited by the US State department, she is recieving a US education. She is having a vastly superior childhood to what either me or my spouse had. Her living standards aren't poverty she lives among the top 5% of Egypt while both my ex and I are living below middle class for sure though we are being paid middle class wages.

our money goes to our child, your money goes to your second gigolo.

I do know that if you were legally married you'd have a residency permit instead of a tourist visa.

You don't pay taxes to the Egyptian revenue, your boss direct deposits your pay into your UK bank account without reporting your earnings to the Egyptian revenue service.

damn good delusion
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Dude do we have a wager?

Hell no !! I don't take rubber checks... [Razz]

All I betting is that when one of these four lasses hit bottom and is shown the door, needs help getting out of Egypt or just wants to vent that you will be sympathic to them purely because they are khawagaa.

I am convinced the reason why you don't show this woman mercy is because she is Arab and only for that reason.

You won't question the circumstances of a down and out khawagaa, but you'll be malicious toward a Arab woman.

Thats the wager!

You won't agree to the wager because you know I am right!

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Originally posted by Clear and QSY:

The woman's dying of malnutrition, exposed to fraudulent conduct (no money), is in ill health (hair/weight loss)..isn't that a life and death situation ?? [Eek!] Come on Mini.. [Roll Eyes]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
sono, you dont know my circumstances either so how can you make these assumptions about my life here? I am paid in Egyptian pounds, in cash and there are records of it, I have a legal work permit, come here and I will show you. You have absolutely NO proof of anything you say, same as you never have when you build peoples fantasy lives. I LIVE here sono, I KNOW what schools are like here, even what you call private ones. Im glad your kid is doing better than you did, but I KNOW thats not true either, thats just the fantasy YOU built for yourself to get through.

Now if you really think what you say is true please feel free to report me to Luxor police or Mr Gaddis the Honorary British consul in Luxor. The Labour Dept visited 2 weeks ago and the police last week, Luxor Tourist Police have all my details and copies of passport and work permit.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Sono Arab is also foreign to us Egyptians, we must help them out like Khawagas..the same. [Smile]

No deal.. [Wink]

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Clear and QSY:

The woman's dying of malnutrition, exposed to fraudulent conduct (no money), is in ill health (hair/weight loss)..isn't that a life and death situation ?? [Eek!] Come on Mini.. [Roll Eyes]

The only case she has with the Embassy is to expose herself as being in a sham marriage. They won't do anything to help her other than to tell her they will assist a relative of hers to make a wire transfer for her to buy a plane ticket out. That is assuming she has someone she can contact on the other end. This is why the embassy gives such a hard time to Americans seeking marriage affidavits. It is a bureaucracy after all - wrapped up in as much red tape as any other governmental agency. Now, perhaps if she gets kidnapped by the PLO or Hamas that might be considered a matter of life and death.
  This topic comprises 10 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com