EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » sad story

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: sad story
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alaa Mohammed was 6 years old and lived in the village of New Gurna in Luxor. He had a bang on the head of some sort and caused 'water' on his eye?? He was to have an operation for this. He was taken some time ago and told they would do it in 1 month, 1 month later he was told the machine was broken and come back in another month. His parents were advised the operation could be done for 800LE but they went elsewhere and paid 4000LE for the operation, which should have taken approx 1 and half hours.

After many more hours had passed the parents friend started to question what was happening and why he hadnt woken up. They were eventually told he had sugar in his blood and given 2000LE back and sent to another hospital 4 hours drive away with the little boy still 'asleep'. The new hospital said there was no sugar in his blood and no reason to have sent him there, he died minutes later.

He had been given too much anaesthetic (sp) and basically the first hospital had cocked up and passed him onto someone else.

Alaa died leaving his parents to try to explain to his younger sister why he was never coming home again. The village and surrounding neighbours and friends have been devastated by this. If this had been in UK the doctors responsible would never work again, why is there no blame here?

I had a devastated young man telling me all this, a friend of my husbands was the friend of the family who held Alaa's hand on the way into hospital and carried his lifeless body out. He kept saying we shouldnt be angry, he was a baby, he is direct to Allah, but his eyes said 'WHY?'

I dont know why im posting this here, I just know I needed to.

Your prayers for the family are needed and appreciated, whatever religion you may be.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev08
Member # 14964

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so sorry to hear this, its so sad especially when its a young child and the outcome should have been so different

--------------------
free palestine

Posts: 346 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown] [Frown]

Such a sad story Ayisha.

My prayers and thoughts are with this family

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aaaaaaaaawwwww thats a sad one.
Need happy today.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glennie
Member # 14823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Glennie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Ayisha my thoughts and prayers are with this family of this little boy may they find some peace and comfort in praying .

"May He, the Almighty comfort and bless them in this life and the next And may He, the Most Merciful touch our hearts to be grateful for what we have and to lower the wing of gentleness to each other, seeking any means of help and support to fortify the distressed within the Ummah".

Posts: 220 | From: Little Egypt in Rural England | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com