EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » paris

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: paris
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wil be in paris from 27 june till 9 july ,anybody will be in paris in summer& suggestions plz ,i seen most of the city before but any new suggestions will be appreciated
Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take lots of Euros.

Don't take a window seat in any drinking or eating establishment unless you wish to pay for the great privilege!!

Enjoy!

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am taking 2000 euros as a pocket money excluding the accomodation (hotel)

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suggestion: explore Paris by bike. I did it last time I was there (with friends) and I thought; pffff, that will be boring... but actually, it was very cool. You are crossing Paris in no time and you can have lunch underneath the Eiffeltower.

Have fun! [Smile]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
thnx desert girl , but i did an operation in my knee 3 years ago so i am not sure i will be comfortable with the bike

--------------------
islam

Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ah ok, maybe it is better to take the subway then [Smile] .
It's rather cheap and easy.

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
maybe i take the bike till belgium

--------------------
islam

'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to St.Germain and Luxembourg Gardens, eat crepe with nutella, drink onion soup on Montmartre, visit Orsay Museum and if you would like to be away from tourists go to Bastille... Have a nice trip [Smile]
Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
thnx Shahrazat i did that all before ,last time was 06 so doing it after 2 years will be much fun 4 sure ,hehe and i go to barbes too ,itsa very arabian & african area ,hehe but not really safe , i just go to have some shisha lol

--------------------
islam

'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you want something REALLY African and Arabian try St.Dennis Strassbourg [Big Grin]
Did you try Budha Bar?

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
lol i went saint denise starsbourg b4 ,lol i tried budha bar ,the 1st time i go paris was in 1997 ,my hotel was in saint denise strasbourg lol every time i go out lol i had to see thoushands of pros ,i changed the hotel and went to placeditlaie where lots of chinese ppl live

--------------------
islam

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
Suggestion: explore Paris by bike.

How do you get the bikes? I'd love that..any rates? [Smile]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Stayed in St.Dennis Strousbourg??? [Eek!]
You must be very brave [Big Grin]
Hotel around Rue St.Lazare and Haussmann are not bad and location is perfect [Smile]

Never go to Champs Elysee in summers as it s like the small Arabia [Big Grin]

egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
lol i love sant maichel but champs elysee is a must , i used to have my shisha in Monte Carlo ,dont know if there is shisha any more as some freids tell me itsavailable in open places and some freinds tell me its completly forbidden , maybe i take my own shisha lol and smoke on the street

--------------------
islam

Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
quote:
Suggestion: explore Paris by bike.

How do you get the bikes? I'd love that..any rates? [Smile]
There are organizations which take you all through Paris. You can choose half a day or 1 day. You can rent the bikes. I forgot about the rates, I think it was about 10 or 15 euros but I am not sure anymore.
I did this trip with an organization called Paris en vélo. It was a friendly guy from New Zealand who had fallen in love with a French girl, the relationship did not last... but he still stayed in Paris and started taking tourists through Paris. [Smile]

Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
About the shisha... why do you think it would be forbidden? You mean 'shisha', not weed, right??
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
yes shisha but they told me sarkozy implemented new laws that shisha isnt acceptable

--------------------
islam

EgyptianDoc77
Member # 3777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianDoc77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyptian7:
yes shisha but they told me sarkozy implemented new laws that shisha isnt acceptable

..These r rumours. Sarkozy is a shisha smoker..he likes " double apple " and "appricot" flavors..dont worry
Posts: 689 | From: Miami Beach, FL | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Shahrazat:
eat crepe with nutella

That's a great advice!!! [Razz] [Razz]
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
i love the food in paris as all tastes are available and all kinds of food from all over the world however my best is Payela in Spain

--------------------
islam

'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Esso this is my best as well.
You can go Chez Leon on Champ Elysees [Wink]

Crepe, paella,, offfffffffffffff [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i love the food in paris as all tastes are available and all kinds of food from all over the world however my best is Payela in Spain

Spain's paella is the most famous dish of the country's varied cuisine,more specifically from the Levantine coastal region pertaining to Valencia. [Cool]

http://www.spanish-fiestas.com/recipes/paella.htm

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
wil be in paris from 27 june till 9 july ,anybody will be in paris in summer& suggestions plz ,i seen most of the city before but any new suggestions will be appreciated

I will be from 2 july till 4 july in Paris:)
This is second time going there and are a lot of beautiful places.

Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
eat crepe with nutella

Eat crap ?

That's good advice ?

I knew it, howcome nobody takes my advice when I tell them to do that!! [Frown]

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samegy
Member # 15090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for samegy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be there next Wednesday for a few days before I go to Egypt. If I see anything, I will let you know.
Posts: 141 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
yes sharzat i awlays go to lyon and i like the moule with sauce raqfourt lol exuse me 4 the spelling and karla i will be there same time which area u will be sitting in?
samegy wishing u a good trip

--------------------
islam

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I eat at Flunch..next to Forum at Chatelet les Halles and elsewhere,its a good chain of low budget French cuisine..yummy. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
dzoser my bro adores flunch as he abuses the act that he can always take more food lol

--------------------
islam

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
The good thing about Flunch is that you eat healthy home made food instead of junk, for the same price if not cheaper..they've got wine and rich dessert like mousse au chocolat and peche melba..espresso coffee..all for a low cost,better than any unhealthy junk food outlet..
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
quote:
quote:
eat crepe with nutella

Eat crap ?

That's good advice ?

I knew it, howcome nobody takes my advice when I tell them to do that!! [Frown]

crap... lol... You never had any crępes in life?? Poor boy! [Razz] [Razz]
I am sure you know this French word for pancakes... so yes, very good advice to have some with Nutella. (totally addicted to Nutella myself [Razz] [Razz] )

'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Me too desertgirlll!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Good [Big Grin] ! If I go to Carrefour, I buy 6 pots at once. I point to my kids if the cashier says: 6 pots? [Big Grin] [Embarrassed]
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

6 pots?? very good [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOOHHHH I LERVE Paris!!! [Frown] I wish I was going too. [Frown] Just searching for the street name of a coffee shop called Omm Kalthoum, a must visit. Be back when I find it [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
thnx ayisha

--------------------
islam

Tilutine
Member # 12661

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tilutine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sarkozy didn't forbid shisha [Smile] It's just that now the law changed, like in several other countries, you aren't allowed to smoke inside a restaurant or a cafe, and yes, many shisha places had to close, but I think there's a special law that may be make for them, I'm not sure but I can search for you if you want!
Enjoy your Parisian trip [Smile]

Posts: 78 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take the funicular up to the Sacre Coeur and watch the street shows.

Walk along the Tulleries.

Take the metro to Pere La Chaise Cemetery and see the tomb of Champolion the guy who decyphered the Rosetta Stone.

Visit the Les Invalides.

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sacre Coeur is a MUST SEE, I agree.

Eiffel Tower, go up it [Big Grin]

The Omm Kalthoum coffee shop is in Les Gobelins up a small street beginning with 'V' but can I find it on a damned map? [Mad] If you do happen across it say Hi to Samir for me, the Samir with the curly hair [Big Grin] Although he wont know me as Ayisha [Frown]

--------------------

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must be the only person in the world who is SO not interested in France. Paris? I can think of about 10 other vacation destinations in this world I would rather go. Besides, I can get rude service anywhere...and croissants. [Big Grin] [Razz]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
I spent so much time there smucks, I know Paris better than I know London [Big Grin] Its a long time since I was there though, about 6 years [Frown]

--------------------

Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
Besides, I can get rude service anywhere...and croissants. [Big Grin] [Razz]

[Big Grin] [Big Grin]
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
4me paris is the best city in europe ,i want to go om kaltoum cafe never been there b4 , i went all others staff mentioned in the post ,especially i will be only 1 metro station aay fromles gobelins

--------------------
islam

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
all I remember there was an outdoor market street, you go up that and off to your left up this little street and its on your right [Frown]

There was Samir the owner, Muslim. Samir the guy I mentioned who is mid 30s I think and Christian, cant remember anymore as staff changed a lot and I am going back 6 years. It had pics of Omm Kalthoum everywhere and there was a downstairs to it too. Lots of shisha and they did the best foul I have ever had. [Big Grin]

--------------------

egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
thnx ayisha will get u some foul from paris

--------------------
islam

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
[Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I enjoy most about Paris are probably all the little streets with cafes (eg around Boulevard Saint Michel). Generally, I just like discovering new places at random. I look at a guide or map and, "Oh, I must check this place!" I take the metro and there I am! [Big Grin]
And Paris is a must-be for me each year!

Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
love saint maichel ,i have an egyptian freind who owns a restuarant there

--------------------
islam

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
love saint maichel ,i have an egyptian freind who owns a restuarant there

I used to sit in St Savarin, on the corner opposite Notre Dame, lovely place for people watching.

Wish I was going [Frown] [Frown]

egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
so anybody visiting from 27 june till 15 july ,i extended my trip 5 days to attend the celebrations on 14 july

--------------------
islam

Frank Scott
Banned
Member # 23578

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frank Scott         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In response to the guy asking about I highly recommend this recommended football betting advice on top of look at this great online casino site not to mention try this excellent online casino tips for not forgeting this great cricket betting forum not to mention as well this updated ipl betting details for can you play blackjack for real money online, suribet online games roulette, online blackjack practice card counting, football board how does it work, gta online roulette strategy, ipl winning money, cricket betting app, sports betting apps maryland, See More @ Recommended Sbobet88 Slot Advice 1ca4fb8
Posts: 38 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2022  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com