EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Happy People (Page 123)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 128 pages: 1  2  3  ...  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  128   
Author Topic: Happy People
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a lil sad today... The world lost a good man yesterday. [Frown]

But, in true irish style we are all off out to raise a drink and celebrate the life of a true gentleman.

You coming to t'egypt for christmas??? Ill be here [Smile]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK............. Hamlet ..... cue the tune...

Meeting up with blasts from the past has reminded me just how great my life is, not just here, but in general [Big Grin]

Mastercard couldn't even buy the night I have had.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This topic should be up top [Big Grin] No happy people oh dear [Eek!]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Oi... I'm happy, if I stand om tip toes I can see the weekend, summer has returned and I have confirmed my ticket... Ferret is going to the ball [Smile]

How's you?

Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
Oi... I'm happy, if I stand om tip toes I can see the weekend, summer has returned and I have confirmed my ticket... Ferret is going to the ball [Smile]

How's you?

I'm cream crackered just ended the worst Respite cover in the frikin universe i will not be covering their little arses again.
Off to the pickle tomoro for another prick and then who knows SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Don't cover their arses... go kick their arses [Smile]

OOO a spa, how lovely. It is always nice to spoil yourself. You deserve it. xx

When are you coming to visit again?

Member # 14517

Rate Member
quote:
Don't cover their arses... go kick their arses [Smile]

OOO a spa, how lovely. It is always nice to spoil yourself. You deserve it. xx

When are you coming to visit again?

I was hoping Christmas however it is not to be i'll try for early in the new year and stay in Cairo for a change.
[Big Grin]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Yaaaay, I love it when Happy People come to visit... especially you as you are my little fun bob [Big Grin]

I think I may be having a Happy Person staying here for Christmas... Man, this site may suck but at least I got to meet some lovely people [Big Grin]

juliacates1
Member # 18233

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for juliacates1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red wine is so nice.
http://www.popular-wedding-songs.com/

--------------------
Julia Cates

Posts: 2 | From: ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Egyptian red wine is vile.. I do miss a nice french red!!!

Happy today as although I had to opt out of the pootle around the pyramids I now have nothing to do but chill and catch up with folk.

Na bad way to spend the day really.

Sunny Roofs
Member # 18242

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sunny Roofs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.sunnyroofs.com

really nice

--------------------
Sunny Roofs Real Estate
info@sunnyroofs.com
http://www.sunnyroofs.com

Posts: 4 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Am sure it is but this is not the classifieds!

I don't like roofs btw, I prefer rooves [Big Grin] Call me old fashioned.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Woo hoo... say no more [Wink]

All I can say is I must have been a cat in my previous life as no matter what height I fall from I always land on my feet [Big Grin]

tracyk859
Member # 18260

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tracyk859     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I am Tracy . I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

Posts: 1 | From: NEW YORK | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
All newcomers are welcome [Big Grin] It is always nice to meet new people and share real experiences.

What brings you to Egyptsearch? Are you here as a lass with an interest in Egypt or here to share the link? Not that either way matters [Big Grin]

As for Saw... I cannot watch that simply becasue of the title!!! It sounds like it is something that would frighten the bejesus outta me.

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yesterday evening they had this gruesome movie on MBC2.. Wolf creek all about some sick psycho in the middle of no where in the Australian desert, with an obsession to torture folks till death..I hate such movies. [Eek!]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Oh me too Dzosser, I used to love them but as I get older the more I realise people are actually that crazy and it could actually be a true story!!!
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
HOLIDAY

[Big Grin]

Happy

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hubby passed his 'Life in the UK' test today [Big Grin]
Then he came home to a tax rebate cheque, all in all not a bad Saturday [Big Grin]

Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Alf mabrouk to hubby. [Smile]

I had a lovely tax rebate too this month. I know it isn't a gift but it sure felt like a nice gift.

I'm happy today as my weekend has been lovely and tonight I get to chill with a big wooly blankie and hot mook. Wiinter bliss.

Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
Hubby passed his 'Life in the UK' test today [Big Grin]
Then he came home to a tax rebate cheque, all in all not a bad Saturday [Big Grin]

Alf Alf Alf Mabrouk to Tamer! I just got most of the questions wrong! It's really hard...especially the questions about UK benefits. I have never been on any and I have no bloody clue how long until you're eligible for new deal etc. Don't even know what they are. What a random test...some really bizarre questions in there
Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many questions could depend on the situation as far as I could see [Confused] I did sit with him doing some tests but I was more of a hinderance than a help [Frown] Just glad it wasn't me sitting it lol! Anyway it's out of the way now thankfully!
It's funny how it does feel like 'free money' Ferret!

Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I haven't seen the test. What are the questions like?

It does feel stange but fair play to the IRS, they always give me my cash back [Big Grin]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
ANOTHER days holiday Mr Goverment... don't mind if we do. NEXT SUNDAY, another days holiday, don't mind if we do.

To all my fellow expats living in lush Sunny Egypt, if you are as fortunate as most of us this side of Cairo to be granted leave because of the riots have a great day and I advise you to go and sunbathe as the weather is gorgeous.

I actually burned a little yesterday by the pool, sill me [Big Grin]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh shut it Miss Ferret...rubbing salt right on that wound...lol
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
lol... did you like the picture of the beer at the pool that I sent to FB [Wink] I love winding folk up [Big Grin]

It is going to get warmer before it gets colder too according to one News source, tanning in December just seems wrong!!

And another plus side for me is I have no xmas feeling whatsoever... which is as it should be as it is NOVEMBER!!!

So many folk on my FB are talking about christmas and decorations! It is wrong.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am not feeling either , but it is so damn cold here
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
There are shops selling Christmas tat and Hallmark has all the cards in now but it is just difficult to feel like I do back home! I am so used to associating christmas with snow!

I have been watching the News, it looks so damn cold! And you know how much I detest the cold!

you would be proud of me Mickey, I am cooking nearly every day and experimenting and cooking from scratch. No wonder I am ill [Wink]

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
The only burns I'm likely to get are snow burns, it is freezing here [Frown] The snow has never let up. The ski centre north of me is open but the road leading to it is closed!
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
quote:
There are shops selling Christmas tat and Hallmark has all the cards in now but it is just difficult to feel like I do back home! I am so used to associating christmas with snow!

I have been watching the News, it looks so damn cold! And you know how much I detest the cold!

you would be proud of me Mickey, I am cooking nearly every day and experimenting and cooking from scratch. No wonder I am ill [Wink]

you go girl...what ya been making?
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
YAH, you have it pretty bad up there. I would be looking like a Smurf by now!

I am into making stuffing at the minute. Today I am trying tomato and coriander [Smile]

Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did a stuffed butternut squash the other day. I stuffed it with minced meat and onions and tomatoes. Was my first time to eat butternut squash...I almost lost a finger trying to cut the thing in half!
Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Was it nice?

My stuffing came out ok I just didn't like the taste. I will stick to my parsley and thyme one in the future.

Yorskshire puddings are next on the list. I know they are easy to do but my cooker has no therm on it, it is either on or off so I have to keep experimenting!!!

Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
[QB] Was it nice?

Very. Tastes the same as Pumpkin. I love experimenting with different things food wise. I'm always adding to my herbs and spices collection. My freezer is full of Taaemeya and Mashy with the vine leaves and lamb all ready made up. My mother in law left batches and batches of Egyptian food behind. We don't normally eat it because it takes hours to make.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I like cooking when I am in the mood, but if I am hungry I just wanna eat and can't be mithered to faff around spending hours preparing something.

Tonight I am going to make a batch of soup. And after looking at how expensive decent soup here is I am hoping I am good at it and save loadsa cash [Big Grin]

I don't think I have ever eaten pumpkin...

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
oooo it is the Carol Service tonight for us Brits [Smile]

Nom nom nom.. mulled wine and home-made mince pies.

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well looks like I'm going back to Egypt, prob early Jan for about five weeks. I wish I didn't have to fly there! Planes are out to get me...
Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I hear ya!!! Aside from my fear of it I just hate the whole inconvenience and arsing about!

I wouldn't be so narky if something flew direct to my airport! pah rant rant rant...

Anyway, bring yer long johns and hot water bottle, it is damn chilly now! (remember how cold it was that Christmas... like that but colder lol)

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last time I was there in a Jan, we were sitting outside a citystars cafe sipping juice in the sun!

Heathrow is only about an hour away so I can't complain there. Problem is, I see flying like russian roulette, the more times you play, the more likely you will eventually get hit. So the more I fly, the bigger my fear becomes because I feel like the odds must be against me by now.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I was thinking more in the club playing poker for peanuts... literally!!! I was freezing me cobs off.

Now you know howI feel... I have flown so much I feel it is not long till it is my turn!

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am HAPPY it's a lot cooler!

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I am SO SO SO happy [Smile]

I went to the Chrismas Ball last night and I one 2nd prize in the raffle. It appears I am off to Oman for a holiday [Smile] I won a free flight... '

And I had the greatest night of my life... my friends and I partied till the sun came up and I have never danced so much [Smile]

Very memorable evening, seriously, Egypt is the best place on earth to party!

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Egypt is the best place on earth to party!

You're the first person I've heard saying that..thanks very much. [Cool]

*Crosses Ibiza off the top of the list*

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I went to the Chrismas Ball last night and I one 2nd prize in the raffle. It appears I am off to Oman for a holiday [Smile] I won a free flight... '

And I had the greatest night of my life... my friends and I partied till the sun came up and I have never danced so much [Smile]

Nice one. Congratulations [Smile]
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

They gave you a flight back too, I take it [Wink]
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Ibiza... really! it is not 1992! [Wink] I guess who you party with matters and damn us expats can throw a good party [Smile]

Yes, a return flight lol.. and I will fly to the UK from there as it is way cheaper so the prize was ace for me. I save cash and get a week in a country [Smile]

PLUS AVFC stonked WBA and Liverpool lost which was my grudge for the week.

THEN... we weatched Airplane, my god that is a great film.

Gutted the weekend is over but only a few days until the next one.

Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:
Well looks like I'm going back to Egypt, prob early Jan for about five weeks. I wish I didn't have to fly there! Planes are out to get me...

Woooh WK we should meet again...I'm going to be there until January 11th...I've already invited CF to my mansion. You should come too! I will be serving afternoon tea and cucumber sandwiches (crusts removed [Big Grin] )

No one in the world seems to know where Golf City is (apartment location) It's on the outkskirts of somewhere called Obour (sp?) It's only about 20 mins from Helipolis and that is really all i know.

Maybe I will organise a rave [Wink]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I know where you are, I just have never been... there are no bars there lol [Wink]

OOOO a good ole 90's rave with glow sticks and whistles. A lil bit of 2 unlimited!!!

Aye, another mini meet up would be great, a girl can never have too much company.

Today is a day of rest for me, pjs, duvet and chick flicks for me [Smile]

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Duh ?? 1992 ? IBIZA ?? [Confused] I'll overlook that and pretend that I was hit by amnesia [Big Grin]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Ibiza is just not cool when you are too old to join in 18 - 30 hols [Smile] I gave the Spanish and Greek holiday islands a battering in my youth [Smile]

How cold is it today ffs!

This topic comprises 128 pages: 1  2  3  ...  120  121  122  123  124  125  126  127  128   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com