EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Happy People (Page 125)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 128 pages: 1  2  3  ...  122  123  124  125  126  127  128   
Author Topic: Happy People
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I said I was shutting off my phone and Internet for 24 hours and didn't care if the world ended I was joking. I didn't expect to miss all the action. Oh well. Congratulations Egypt.

Well I am a happy person. I have been massaged till I'm bruised, had my feet eaten by fish, sent to hellish hot rooms and artic cold ones and spoilt completely rotten. I loved it. Tired now. It's hard work being pampered

Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Animals United. they do a deal for kids on a sat and sun, Ł1 a go! its gonna be rammed!

How were the fish mm?? did it work?

Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOO MM, glad you had a lovely time [Smile] sounds quite kinky mind!!!

Animals United????

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God, Just as well you weren't there Super, the fish would be dead now [Big Grin]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha ha freaky freaky fish. It took all my effort not to either stamp on them or shake them off. It was awful at 1st but after 10 mins of Billy pinning me in the tank I got used to it and it was ok then. The effects were great.

I did try to steal your name though FK. I really wanted to kill them rather than bath in them. I don't even like the sea cos the fish touch you so this was torture.

How was the game CF. Your missing out on a Sunday lunch here tomorrow and bought some new wii games for us to batter the guests with and I've got a funky new camara too. FK can you make next week. We really want you too

Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember I went swimming in a volcanic sulphur hot spring in Greece that had little fishes in that suckled the dead skin off your body, I loved it... at first I was a little freaked out but then I just chilled out [Big Grin]

My day out at the football was awesome MM, worth flying home for [Big Grin] After being endlessly patronised for evacuating I am now re-naming this trip as an official holiday that I am glad I could afford and I am looking forward to another one next month [Big Grin] Oh to be self employed eh [Wink]

I have beef casserole for dinner tonight... I hate wet sloppy food, can you do me an emergency plate of food and save it for me? I did have lush home made courgette soup with home made bread last night though... I am very spoiled.

OOO family re-union today, another great part of my holiday... and tomorrow I am off to my home town to party with the all my life long friends... that will either be memorable or memorable with no memory... if you get what I mean [Smile]

FK.. FK... FK... are you coming to join us. The karaoke is SO much fun (even if not good for MMs buisness) and the food we will have is fab... PUH-LEASE....

MM, I have already decided, if I ever leave Cairo then I am going to become a northern lass... [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
The Sunday lunch was a success but I needed another 6 people to eat it all. I did far too much as usual ha ha.

Those are the fish I had and it really was freaky at 1st but once they settled down it was ok.

You know there is always a place for you here CF. Us northerners would be glad to have ya

Glad your having a good time in England mate and FK I sent you an email on facebook. Not accepting your refusal so either get on a train coach or in your car

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
My dinner was lust too MM... My SIS really goes overboard on the yorkshire puds and I had loads [Smile] with mash... heaven.

I do love it up there MM... proper oldie worldy and pretty. And I can get lost without actually getting lost!

FK... I accept yout refusal but only cos I know in 4 weeks time I am going to land on your doorstep [Big Grin] Cannot wait to see you and BFK.

Happy today as I am at my best friends house, she has left me trashy tv to watch and sausages to eat. My plan for the day, I am off to meet another friend whose baby is due this week, so help me god if it happens today I will be in therapy for years.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Oh yeah... happy another day off work to all my friends in t'Egypt.

Makes me feel even less guilty about still lying in bed [Big Grin]

maya811
Member # 18602

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maya811   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am happy, schools still will not start work, until 27.02

--------------------
www.bellydance-egypt.blogspot.com

Posts: 13 | From: cairo | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Not all schools Maya, only the public ones... some international schools went back last Sunday. Only to discover that some teachers may be laid off at the end of the month due to the lack or enrolment and the schools are refusing to honour contracts.

Other than that I am happy as I am still in the UK and I return back to lovely Cairo on Monday.

[Big Grin]

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a refund on my dongle, got a new one and it works!!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Monkey:
I got a refund on my dongle, got a new one and it works!!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!! [Big Grin]

congrats [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm watching a programme about a decaying elephant, makes me miss fox series. Although saying that, it seems that will soon be fully dubbed in Arabic, how will I stay in Egypt without my Horatio Caine?!

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I heard about the elephant thing.... didn't 'get' it' is it an ongoing thing? Like death to dust?

Happy for a million + 1 things... mostly my ability to laugh n smile [Big Grin] [Smile]

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, sadly one ofthe problems about living with parents is I'm stuck watching whatever they like, including decaying animals.
Very happy today, minus having to work the first time in five weeks. A cheque I cashed in yesterday has cleared, so I will be paying of all my credit cards! I haven't been debt free since my first year at uni when I was 19. I will also have money left over for a down payment on a flat (renting). Hopefully I'll start viewing next week. Yay!!

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Excellent news, I am in the same position... I owe nobody anything [Big Grin] Great feeling eh.

I was in the process of decorating my aprtment before I fled the country like the weak pussy that I am, good news is I bought all my paintbrushes here for way cheaper than I found in Egypt.

I fly home tomorrow... then I will be back in 16 days for my proper holiday [Big Grin] life's hard [Wink]

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
I am tired and hungover now cheeky. It's like once I put you on the plane and did the drive home last night finally caught up with me. Now I need sleep ha ha
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I was ok once I ate... nom nom nom.

27 hours travelling and very little sleep I am officially pooped out.

I have enough energy for a curry [Big Grin]

Reality is fab but not as fab as the trip I just had... cannot wait to do it all again soon. x

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
27 hours [Eek!] Did you go the long way round?
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Nah... I went the KLM way around!
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Flamin Norah. I'm never going to grumble about mine again.

27 hours... Sheesh...

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I posted last week there are issues with some flights due to curfew.

We were shipped to a hotel at 7pm last night and we were back on the road at 6am this morning.

It was an easy journey though [Big Grin] Free food and a very very good sleep in a free bed

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Hmm. Rather you than me Gunga Din. I start to get a lil teary after 2.5 [Frown]

Zero patience.

Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I have only been teary onece but I wasn't well and the man in front of me who peed me off but announcing his own importance felt the wrath of a ferret!!!

I am just glad my next trip back is direct... I so hate faffing!!!

KLM, got nigh on full marks with their service this time, only their ropey chicken dish disappointed me. Empty flight though, 3 seats to myself.... if tourists are coming back in they certainly weren't flying from Manchester via Amsterdam on a Sunday and Monday.

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Well... teary is a mild exageration and I'm hunky dory on the way there, it's just on the way back when everyone's complaining about their half hour drive to Watford and I know I've got four full hours of motorway to look forward to. If I don't get lost. And I always do [Roll Eyes]

Good to hear you're back safe and sound and you had a nice time [Smile]

How is the fridge? Any strange mutations popped up?

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Yeah, I havd a few growths!!! All stocked up again now though thanks to mates getting some shopping in for me [Big Grin]

I live in the Middle and most flights go to the south... unless you want a lay over to get you home! I have to choose between lay overs which I hate or flying in to somewhere miles from home... I totally understandy your POV.

I had an ACE time, cannot wait to do it all again in 2 weeks [Smile]

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sharm is weirdly empty. Quite a few handful of russians about last night though near where my friends and I had our dinner.
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you got back ok CF. We're looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks! x
Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
ooo 3 weeks time till I come to mither you Supercala-etc...

First day back was mixed, one taxi driver tried to charge me 3xs as much as my usual fair... and all the others were as fair as ever with me.

And the only thing shouted in the the street was the usual 'Welcome in Egypt' stuff.

A lot of my Egyptian friends who got out haven't yet returned... I hope they do soon.

SG... I heard Sharm was quiet. Let's hope with Spring on the way more will travel looking for warmer shores [Big Grin]

Happy today as I have spent all day shopping and spring cleaning and I now feel totally content.

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sharm was buzzing and hopping last night [Smile]
Loads of British tourists - apparently they're the only ones who kept coming during the situation and according to one employee we were talking to, it's because First Choice refused to offer refunds to anyone who didn't take their holiday as there was no advice not to travel to Sharm!

Anyway, last night there was an event organized in Soho Sharm and there were probably a couple of thousand or more tourists - mostly British with an Egyptian contingent there - waving Egyptian flags and ooing and ahing at the shows [Smile]

Glad I was there.

(PS I organized this break way back in early Jan before anything kicked off!)

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I should hope you did book it in January, it would be awful to read sarcastic comments about how you evacuated to the Red Sea during the uprising [Big Grin] Some people shouldn't mix alcohol and FB together. See EG post SQ for clarification [Smile]

There is a group of teachers making the most of the fact they have another 4 days of still travelling to Sharm today as well...

Seems I wasn't the only one who figured the Red Sea was a safe haven [Big Grin]

I am happy today as I managed to sleep in and clear my headache [Smile] Full steam ahead, bring on the paintbrushes.

13 days till my holiday [Big Grin]

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Do check flight times though - my flight time was brought forward 3 hours with no notification to me - luckily I checked on line the day before! Got to the airport quickly on Monday and they let me on an even earlier flight.
Didn't seem to be any flights leaving Cairo after about 8pm ish.
Apparently I'm supposed to be arriving back in Cairo 1am on Saturday morning (as per original plan) but I guess they will change it as I think curfew is still on midnight to 6am?

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Oh most folk I know are checking as all our inbound flights changed to work around the curfew. I €wish they would drop the curfew so we can go out for the bloomin night!

Wish I was going to the Red Sea again, but I guess walls don't paint themselves!!!

I love a good spring clean though, fresh smiling, bright and clean [Smile]

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
I should hope you did book it in January, it would be awful to read sarcastic comments about how you evacuated to the Red Sea during the uprising [Big Grin]

And if you'd stayed and owt went wrong, same folk would have told you it was all your own fault for sticking around [Roll Eyes] [Wink]

Glad the FO have lifted all the travel restrictions [Smile]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Yeah Monkey... Exactly! However, the dude I'm bitchin about chooses to spend life behind a PC drinking coipious amounts of beer slagging everyone else off for not actively doing anything about anything. Why would I even go to Tahrir sq. Lmao!!!

Twunt!

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Pretty happy as I have just seen that next Friday the weather will be 28 which means I get to lie in the sun before I have to fly off home [Smile] How nice.
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
It's was 14 here yesterday, I'll have you know [Razz]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
According to Accuweather it is 14 degrees now, and it is nearly 1am! And I am under 2 blankets!!!

I did hear it was mild though, I hope it stays mild as well as I nearly froze me cobs off last week.

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well i'm sure it was about this this evening actually. I need 'proper weather' [Big Grin]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I miss proper weather, I am not a fan of being cold.

It got above 10 degrees in Scotland, prove it!!! It snows in August in Scotland. You are basically just British Eskimoes [Wink]

Mwah. x

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
I would happily take 14 degrees right now. I was so cold last night I slept in my microwaveable slippers. Best present I ever got.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I was so cold staying at yours one morning I got in bed fully dressed. It was only after being awake for 3 hours I looked out the window it had snowed and I had left the window open lol...

Today is nice... quite blue and fresh. But I am still planning on going to the pool the weekend to tan myself [Big Grin] Pink my ass [Wink]

Just had a massive spring clean... elecrocuted myself and now my house looks pretty but my 'up yours' finger throbs!!!

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Did you get the buzzing in the ears like static on the TV? It's not the full experience without that [Smile]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Well I squealed like a pig and swore like a sailor!!! But I didn't get static, should I go back and do it again?

What a day... cleaning and listening to Terry Wogan on the Daily Bacon show... I think I brought a little bit of England back with me!

Nearly time for my beloved football though [Big Grin]

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Keep the footie and I'll take the rugby thanks ha ha
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I cannot express to you how dull I find the rugby!!!

Aston Villa however won 4 - 1 today [Smile]

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Fit muscled meatheads running round in shorts. Mmmmmmmm
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Meatheads don't tickle my pickle!!! Tight shorts do but seriously, they aren't an attractive lot are they!

And it just looks messy, like there are no rules... like one big game of pile on and piggy in the middle. [Smile]

This topic comprises 128 pages: 1  2  3  ...  122  123  124  125  126  127  128   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com