EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Happy People (Page 126)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 128 pages: 1  2  3  ...  123  124  125  126  127  128   
Author Topic: Happy People
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Bunny today. First foray into the garden as it seems spring has sprung [Big Grin] . Some tidying up done and even had a wee cup of tea outside! Definately think I must be one of those S.A.D people. I'll enjoy it while it lasts as next week I'll probably looking out at a couple of feet of snow [Frown]
@ Ferret, it is definately over 10 degrees I can assure you, no coat, might need to put short sleeves on lol. Speaking of Eskimoos I used to try to build igloos when I was wee but failed miserably [Confused]

Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey YAH (shake it like a polaroid picture [Wink] ) When I were a wee nipper I used to build igloos too... I would spend hours in the snow. But now... nah, I think I am allergic to it!!!

It has been a mixed weather day, in the shade it is been nippy but in the sum boiling, a sure fire sign I can get my bikini out on Friday for sure... mini heatwave at the start of March... why oh why do I LOVE this country [Smile]

Had a great day testing my Arabic and the patience of Egyptians... but I now have a new lamp shade, I have ordered curtains to be made, (I am a dab hand now at this [Smile] ) and I have bought all my paint and accessories to decorate my apartment and not one lil ferret tried to rip me off, in fact, I paid the taxi driver extra as he waited for me while I ran into Arabiata and he was getting quite insistent he didn't want it!!! I have had a great day [Big Grin] And I have to say Egyptian folk were tripping over themselves to help us and one guy (yesterday)begged me never to leave again as Egypt is beautiful again. I am glad I popped back for these couple of weeks before I go on me jollies [Smile]

Time to paint... wish me luck!!!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck CF. I used to make igloos when I was little too but it was more like tunnels in the snow drifts but it kept us entertained for hours. I also had a nice spring day yesterday. I jet washed the car park, yard and decking so it's all clean of leaves muck and green stuff. Then went and bought some pretty flowers for my pots round the door and did some weeding. I am extremely chuffed with all my bulbs coming through that I planted last year. I defiantly suffer from S.A.D. I need the sun and hibernate in winter
Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I miss my garden!!! I don't even have a window box here [Frown]

England is so depressing in the winter, I totally understand why folk seem down, chin up chuck, spring is nearly sprung [Smile]

Its only thursday... And that means tomorrow I get to lie in the sun and taaaaaaan. Man alive I love this place!!!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MM can you come and do my patio now you have finished at yours [Big Grin]
My bulbs are slowly making an appearance, hopefully will have some colour in the next few weeks. I have about 30 packets of veg seeds to plant [Eek!] joining a seed club seemed like a good idea at the time!
Weather has turned as predicted, cold and damp now.

Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
You joined a vegetable club.... [Wink]

I am scared to look at the weather forecast for England next week!!! I am assuming it won't be the same as Cairo [Frown]

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I PASSED MY LAW EXAM!!! 82%
Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Holy feckin moley Super ......

That is bery bery happy news [Smile] I always new you were a smart lass.

The last thing I passed was a gym!!! [Wink]

I hope you have yer 2ps left for the pier!!!

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes! shall we go on the train this time? chooo chooo!!

I'm quite chuffed with myself... life is gooooood [Big Grin]
xx

Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Ah yeah, we have to go on the chooo choooooo

I am so looking forward to seeing you and the little one [Big Grin] I will even try to change that accent of hers [Wink]

You should be pleased with yourself... your hard work is paying off.

Life is excellent [Smile]

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

she sounds irish when she says no. bless her. can't wait! x
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
And that is a difficult word for some ladies to say altogether [Wink]

Apparently I sound Irish when I argue at volume!

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MABRUK superwotsit!!!

Now can you all stop being so happy or I'm reporting this VERY long thread! [Razz]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

I like sounding Irish when I say thirty three and a third
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

its a good job maths isn't part of the course! just been told I got 91% not 82! get in!! lol
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
And it is a thread about nothing in particualr was another reason someone hit report! I mean really, in the grand scheme of things what is wrong with people???

We all sound Oirish when we say tirty tree and a turd!!!

Your maths sucks, I am not complimenting you on that but again, well done chica [Big Grin]

Bored of painting, well bored of cleaning paint off the floor! I need at least 3 coats on the wall and I am so not in the nood [Frown] Will I finish the room before I leave on tuesday morning... drumroll.............

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

maybe someone reported us for being too happy???
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
You can never be too happy! Or too rich or too thin...!!!!
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Supercalafragalistic:
I like sounding Irish when I say thirty three and a third

ROFLMAO [Big Grin]
Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I PASSED MY LAW EXAM!!! 82%

I have another two months to wait for my results. No fricking fair [Frown]

But very well done and congratulations [Smile]

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

thank you [Smile] I did it on thursday, it was an online one so only tick boxes but still, I'm chuffed! Its the only exam this year! ... still got 5 essays to write and 2 presentations to do.. boooo

What was your exam about?

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's ILEX - different law subjects. The last two were Civil Litigation and Contract - yawn. I have to sit four a year but no essays or presentations, no coursework - yaaaaay!

I quite like exams but the waiting around afterwards is a bit of a bummer.

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats to Supercalafragalistic. Never knew Monkey was a law student too. Cool. Actually avoided this thread, as it was started by Cheeky, who I didn’t like initially [Big Grin] [Razz] (she turned out to be one of the coolest members on ES)

Again Congrats. [Smile]

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Thanks Exiiled [Smile]

Mine was Social Work law so things like childrens act, human rights, mental health act, safeguarding and mental capacity. V interesting but glad I don't have to do any more [Smile]

Let us know how you get on Monkey [Smile] x

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
I won't be getting 91% - I can guarantee you that [Smile]

Congrats again x

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow super I'm really impressed. We need to celebrate in a big way for that one. If it's online how do you do it without cheating ha ha I would have had my books open in front of me ha ha

YOH I have been banned from my jet washer by my chiropractor after I went to see him today. He told my CF needs to return to England soon so I will take a holiday again or my back is going to pack in. In a week I have decorated a huge Victorian room, jet washed everything in sight, done my garden (not a massive job cos it's a car park with boarders and pots ha ha) and went rollerblading for the day thinking I was 7 still and that I would bounce like I used to ha ha turns out I don't. Can't wait for you to return now cos I need rest. Weather is still good here

Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great super, well done! I had a law module for journalism and that was enough for me, I never want to hear the word "libel" again!
Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Aw shux Exiiled [Wink]

MM, not long now. Don't forget, I wanna go out walking which will be nice gentle exercise and a nice break away for half a day for you [Big Grin]

I notice when I snowboard that I don't bounce like I used to!!! And I bruise like a peach lol...

I have spent the day asleep around the pool. I am tanned, chilled and pretty damn excited about my trip home. Stage 1 of the trip... The East Sussex Beer Festival

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Glee comes to Egypt... it is on Fox Series as I type [Big Grin]

Shame I have seen them all but hey, nowt wrong with watching them all again [Big Grin]

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

MM I had to study!!! back to my 2000 word essay now boooooo

We had a practice ride of the chooo chooo today. Be prepared for Ameria to sing Chuggington for the whole ride round.

Its nice in this thread! all the regulars are back!

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Yeah it is nice to see the old crew... makes logging on here worthwhile [Big Grin]

WTF is Chuggington. Is it is as annoying and sickening than the big frickin purple thing singing 'i love you'?

I am well excited, in fact I will just join in with her!!! You will be out with 2 kids that day lol

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jme9WGifHdU watch and learn
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Shoot me now!

Only joking, I love it when kids sing away without a care in the world [Big Grin]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jme9WGifHdU watch and learn

thats almost like Tommy the Train...my grandson loved that...
drove me insane though [Big Grin]
watch and pull your hair out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bb4xc0rjRI

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Very happy today! Just received a letter to say I am getting half the share of an inheritance worth $8.2 million [Big Grin] Apparently a man with my surname died in a car accident in Japan with no survivors and the kind 'bank manager' of the 'private Japanese bank' wants me to have this money, The fact I don't know 'William' doesn't matter (Oh happy days!)
Oops apparently I'm supposed to keep this confidential, you don't think this will affect my claim do you? [Confused]

What to buy first is the question [Big Grin]

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you didn't get one of these yet then YAH?

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=020264;p=1#000001

[Big Grin]

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
No I didn't Shanta [Frown] Looks like I have been deprived of another opportunity to make millions [Confused]
Guess I'll just have to stick with the $4 million I'm getting from the nice Japanese man, after all he did spend money on the stamp to let me know of my impending millionairess status [Big Grin]

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh you mean a REAL letter not an email letter! Wow it must be true then!
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Exactly Shanta! I'm not a dafty you know [Big Grin]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Imagine my shock when my Gran and I both had a letter from Readers Digest saying we were chosen at random as a the main prize winner! I mean, coincidence or what!

Happy as I am outta Cairo for a month. [Big Grin]

Man I am so looking forward to this holiday I think I could actually pee a rainbow!

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

hurrah!! Finally finished my essay just in time before CF arrives. [Big Grin]
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Well done super. I'm sure it will be fab. Are you gonna treat yourself by coming to visit with CF.

CF I have my walking boots at the ready. We can do green field walks, moors or river walk. Yorkshire has it all. Billys mum said you have to come visit for lunch. Also Akbars is waiting for you and the fridge is stocked up with guiness.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
So far my hol has been Bob on, it's all gravy [Wink] .

Cannot wait to see you ladies [Smile]

Lunch, Guinness and an amble in the fields of green all sound very good to me.

Right, only popped in to say hi, off to have a family meal before going to fk's.

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have a great time CF
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Morning campers.... It is not easy getting used to the idea that weekends are different days!!!

Anyway, I am happy as I have the best family and friends around and today I am going to the footy with my nephew then going out for a birthday meal with the rest of the crew. [Smile]

mm, I will see you Monday, fk, thanks for my holiday in a holiday. Mwah.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Very happy today, I have the greatest family, the weather is lush.

This holiday has been awesome (for me, not the folk who have been ill around me!!) and I still have a week to go [Smile]

Did I mention it is my birthday tomorrow??? I accept Visa and Mastercard [Wink]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Cloudy cairo that ain't too warm! But hey, it is the weekend and I am sure the good weather will arrive soon.

I hear the UK is having a lovely stint... marvellous lol. It piddled down for me.

Anyhoo, happy for a million reasons. Cba to go into detail but trust me, today is a very good day.

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

The weather in my neck of the woods is lovely! spent yesterday by the beach with BFK today is uni and I might just go shopping! life is so good! Loves it!
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Change that... Cairo is now sunny and warm so I am off for a pootle to turn my blue arms red [Big Grin]

You live in a lush part of the world, I am not shocked you are having a lovely time... is BFK still playing the slots?

I love it when my friends are happy...

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

lol no, I'm trying to control her addiction. We've got an exciting day on Saturday.... Potty training! god help me.

I've got the chart and star stickers ready!

This topic comprises 128 pages: 1  2  3  ...  123  124  125  126  127  128   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com