EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Happy People (Page 127)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 128 pages: 1  2  3  ...  124  125  126  127  128   
Author Topic: Happy People
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ooo, always a fun time. It is good you have the incentive work prepared [Smile]

I am sure she will love the independance tbh...

I have walked around City Stars for 5 hrs! My feet are killing me! Everything sorted though and that means tomorrow and Saturday are free days with nowt planned [Smile]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah yeah, u really spent 4 hours in cafe and 1 hour shopping.
Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the other way around [Smile] I did have a lush Lebanese lunch. [Smile]

I am watching a scary film on my own... I am trying to be brave but oh bejesus!!!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What film you watching?? I have to watch them with my fingers in my ears! what a baby!
Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Desperation... that is the name of the film, not my state of mind [Big Grin]

Spiders and snakes and all sorts!

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

never heard of it! straight to film?
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Probably.. it wan't the best but the windy weather screws with my satellite so I have limited channels. the endurance is over now anyway, I am watching CSI... the 'is Horatio dead or not' debacle...

oh ffs.. it just started to rain and now this channel has gone!

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck with the potty training! A couple of people are trying to pressure me to start with zain! I know he isn't ready yet, and at 18m he doesn't need to be either.

Very happy but very tired. We have the keys to our new place and so much to do, bloody hard trying to move with a toddler under your feet.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
WK, good luck in your new home...

If you know Zain isn't ready then that's all that matters [Smile] You will know when the time is right and it will be way easier if you wait rather than push it [Big Grin]

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally got the frizz out of my hair. Damn this Moroccan oil is good. Did feel a proper nellie chasing my cat down the drive with clingfilm wrapped around my head but, meh, it's a small price to pay [Smile]
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
You would not believe the need out here for a decent hairdresser Monkey... I have NEVER had a decent haircut and always have to wait until I go to the UK!

I have visions of a mad women with a rolling pin now, bit like flo from Andy Cap...

Well, it is Friday, and I have oodles to dao so I am going to put the PlackPerry down, and I am going to make myself a cooked brekkie before I turn into Mary poppins [Smile]

Life is a journey
Member # 17655

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life is a journey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Booked my flight, going for a massage happy days xx

--------------------
CAIRO

Posts: 88 | From: Uk | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Excellent news... [Big Grin]

Just off for some cheese on toast with worcestershire sauce [Smile]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I am happy because at this time of night my internet speed doesn't suck [Smile]

3 day weekend... sweeet.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Hols over but hey... we got next Sunday off as well [Smile]

I just heard it is due to rain on the Royal parade... pesky mother nature!

Not happy as lost two more friends to the bloody revolution, they left this morning [Frown]

Other than that, power nap time and I have friends in town again and I am off out to show the high life and the night life that dusty old Cairo has to offer.

Please come back happy people!!! I cannot cope with all the politics, racism and dullard news on my own [Frown]

Momma_Dukez
Member # 16037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:

uhhhh YUM worchester sauce (thats how i pronounce it). i drink that stuff straight out the bottle.
Posts: 221 | From: philly | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Momma_Dukez:
quote:

uhhhh YUM worchester sauce (thats how i pronounce it). i drink that stuff straight out the bottle.
Prononced Worsta-sha sauce [Smile]

It is beautiful with cheeses on toast MD, try that.

Happy as I overslept but I no longer have bags under my eyes [Big Grin]

vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwwvv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elton John wells up at the wedding 14 years after he sang for Diana at Westminster Abbey
By Andrea Magrath
Last updated at 11:18 AM on 30th April 2011

In an emotional interview three years ago, he described singing at Princess Diana's funeral as a 'surreal' experience he hoped never to have to repeat.

So it is understandable that returning to Westminster Abbey today would be an emotional experience for Elton John.
After initially arriving at the event in high spirits, the singer appeared a little misty-eyed at one point in the ceremony.

Emotional: Elton John appeared rather misty-eyed during the Royal Wedding today
Elton was pictured biting his lip and his eyes looked red-rimmed as he gazed at the proceedings.
Earlier the 64-year-old shared a laugh with partner David Furnish and fellow guests as they took their front-row aisle seats inside the Abbey.
More...Whoops! David Beckham in last-minute OBE switch to avoid embarrassing own goal at the Royal Wedding
Nose doubt, Tara Palmer-Tomkinson looks brilliant in blue at the Royal wedding
Now here's the showbiz royalty... Victoria goes for minimalistic navy for Royal Wedding while David looks sharp in black suit

The couple were one of a handful of 'celebrity' guests including David and Victoria Beckham, Guy Ritchie, Rowan Atkinson and Joss Stone.

Memories: The singer famously played at the funeral of Diana, Princess of Wales fourteen years earlier
'Surreal': In 2008 he gave an emotional interview discussing his performance of Candle In The Wind at Diana's funeral in 1997

He received a huge cheer as they arrived at the Abbey, and waved gaily at the crowd.
But Elton's mood turned sombre, perhaps as he reflected on his tribute to his late friend, the Princess Of Wales at her funeral on September 6, 1997.
Elton's re-worked rendition of his hit Candle In The Wind moved the millions of viewers to tears and is widely regarded as the best-selling single of all time.
In a TV documentary aired in 2008, the singer recalled: 'Me playing at the funeral was one of the most surreal things I have ever done.
Excited: Elton looked in high spirits as he and a distracted David Furnish (left) waited for the ceremony to begin

'What was going through my mind was, "Don't f*** this up. Don't sing a wrong note. Don't sing the wrong note. Be stoic.
"Don't break down and just do it to the best you can possibly do it without showing any emotion whatsoever."

'My heart was beating quite a lot, I have to say,' he told VH1 'RocDoc' Me, Myself and I.
Proud: Sir Elton beams with happiness as he watches Prince William and his new bride walk down the aisle to leave the Abbey
'This is an unreal experience and I hope I never have to do it again.'
Elton was less forthcoming when asked by BBC Radio 5 outside the Abbey how he enjoyed the wedding.
Speaking after the ceremony, his response was: 'It's not the Oscars.'

Arrival: He received a huge cheer from the crowds as he arrived at the Abbey

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1382013/Royal-Wedding-Elton-John-wells-14-years-Princess-Dianas-funeral-Westminster-Abbey.html#ixzz1L2yn96DI

Posts: 1365 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
[Wink] Thanks for bumping this thread up [Big Grin]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
EEEEEEEEEEEEK

I am so happy I may actually pee glitter!

My brother is on his way to see me [Big Grin]

Life is grand eh...

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy I finally got a new computer and my GOD it's shite off a stick fast! Yayyy!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
As fast as shite off a chrome shovel [Smile]

Mabrouk ya Ayisha...

Happy as I used gumption and mojo and magically turned it into cash [Big Grin]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ta ferret, also happy coz I found the chewy fruit sweets I'd been putting back in the bag thinking they were apple were actually cherry, yayyy! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Little things eh.

Just knowing I have a packet of Rowntrees fruit gums in the fridge makes me happy [Big Grin]

I have had a lovely day, nice street food, good company and a lil sunbathe... my numerous tan lines are finally merging!

I love cherry sweets, what ya chobbling?

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
Happy I finally got a new computer and my GOD it's shite off a stick fast! Yayyy!! [Big Grin]

old specs? new specs? so I can relate to your jubilation. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Geek [Wink]

My Mom bought a new laptop last week... Exiiled, it is red [Wink] That's as fair as I go with computers... Oh, it is an Acer...

HAPPY. Simples.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
quote:

thought you were talking about my glasses there for a minute [Big Grin]

old specs, Toshiba Satellite M30, screen dead, battery dead, Windows XP, 512ram, 80GB hard drive, 7 years old, been using it with monitor attached for 3 years since screen died. Recommend Toshiba and will buy another when I'm looking for a laptop.

new specs, desktop, super duper something mother board, XP, AMD something, 2gb Ram, 500Gb hard drive, built in less than 2 hours by The Office in Luxor, recommend these guys for anything to do with computers.

Only instructions, don't try updating Windows [Cool]
[Big Grin]

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QUOTE]thought you were talking about my glasses there for a minute [Big Grin]

Me too [Big Grin]
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I may have a hint of geek too then as my first thought was 'why is he talking about Spectrums'

Speccys love the 48k!

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Ah, speccies [Smile] I remember spending hours and hours typing pages of code in to get a little guy to jump across the screen... Only I'd get to the end to discover I'd missed a < or wot not and just wind up with a fatal error instead [Frown]

Ooh, ooh - do you remember using a tape recorder to load the games and it made screaming noises? I think Daley Thompson's Decathalon was my favourite where you had to press the keys really, really fast. The skiing was ace.

Well I'm chuffed as I'm off to the opticians to get my new glasses sorted tomorrow. No more squinting for me.

I guess that's more than a hint of geek...

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Yeah, codes to get the margins to flash etc.

We updated to a 28k though after that had the inbuilt recoder.

Boring fact: http://www.worldofspectrum.org/links.html

Check it out and see if you recognise any of the surnames...

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
[Wink] [Big Grin]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Bough the rights to various games such as Manic Miner and Attic Attack, owns every speccy mag from the off ... obssession.

I used to love playing Splitting Images and Ghost Rider.

Spent many an hr with those [Smile]

Decathlon was not good for your QA OP and space keys [Wink]

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Manic Miner! I LOVED Manic Miner! Wasn't he called Willy or am I getting confused? Or was that Jet Set Willy, that rings a bell...

There was a Return of the Jedi game where you had the flying broomsticky things (see I'm not so much of a nerd - I don't know what they're called) and flew with the Ewoks through the Forest of Endor (...yeah, alright). That was ace.

Happy days [Smile]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Jet Set Willy... marvellous games.

Yeah, really happy days. My brothers and I spent hours on these. We held our own competitions.

Platform games at their best.

There was one game called Sherlock that I paid for to play on windows, loved it and god, it is good to play speccy games on a laptop [Big Grin]

We are geeks.... yay.

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
bumping up as SICK OF THE SPAM OUT THERE [Mad]

--------------------

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
tum te tum BUMP

--------------------

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Geek [Wink]

My Mom bought a new laptop last week... Exiiled, it is red [Wink] That's as fair as I go with computers... Oh, it is an Acer...

HAPPY. Simples.

Ahaha. Red. You know what it could be the acer Ferrari. Well that's if it has the ferrari logo on it.
Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
quote:

thought you were talking about my glasses there for a minute [Big Grin]

old specs, Toshiba Satellite M30, screen dead, battery dead, Windows XP, 512ram, 80GB hard drive, 7 years old, been using it with monitor attached for 3 years since screen died. Recommend Toshiba and will buy another when I'm looking for a laptop.

new specs, desktop, super duper something mother board, XP, AMD something, 2gb Ram, 500Gb hard drive, built in less than 2 hours by The Office in Luxor, recommend these guys for anything to do with computers.

Only instructions, don't try updating Windows [Cool]
[Big Grin]

Can definitely understand the joy now. That is a huge upgrade, don't know the cpu but I'm sure it's powerful considering the other specs. “Don't try updating windows” [Big Grin] Saved you about 400 L.E there. [Big Grin] Mabrook!
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
It's not a Ferrari... I know that lol.

I am upgrading to wifi this weekend, this USB lark is neanderthol, backward, expensive and frankly robbery. For less cash I cna have more download at a faster speed, and I ain't no rocket scientist, but even I get the logistics there [Wink]

Then I can DL films again like in my old apartment and watch free uk tv withough it cutting out totally after 2 mins! Grrr, Etisalat SUCK

Anyway, happy as my bro gets here in a few days and I am looking forward to seeing him [Big Grin]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Happy, the world didn't end!!! [Wink]
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello to all the people who are still here!
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
I'm still here, new puter got raptured though [Frown]

--------------------

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Arrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh - raptors, they're everwhere [Eek!] somebody help us, pleeeeeeeeeeeease

Yeah, I nicked it. I'm not proud [Smile]

What's up with it Ayisha?

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
it kept shutting down on me, or restarting. Managed to get it on for 3 hours to copy all I needed, surprising how much you can do in a week! shop man sorted it, re-installed my McAfee, bless its false positives! now have UNinstalled it again. I wondered why it was saying files I've had ages were trojans, they're not, they're it's 'false positives' caused by its artemis something new super duper anything that says .exe or even . is a trojan and zap it software! LOADS on google on it. NOT a happy bunny! It even zapped a bloody Lavasoft Adaware file ffs! [Mad]

--------------------

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Pain in the ass Ayisha.. hope it gets sorted. I am the leaset tolerant person when it comes to PC's, especially if they were built for me as I have someone to personally blame [Big Grin]

Hey YAH... good to know our Scottish pals are all still here.

Well today is World Goth day so get yer eye liner out and pop the Cure on and enjoy [Smile] (I love the Cure!)

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
I think someone gave you the evil eye Ayisha. [Big Grin] Don't blame me though, I have 3 fast machines at my disposal.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Put a sock on yer door, that'll keep the bead spirits away, according to my Jordanian friend. Hasad.. is that right?

I have 2 laptops too, one for downloading and enterrainment, not so quick, not so spacious but a nice big screen and one for all my WIP docs and boring shite... like ES [Wink] (I jest, this one has the dongle at the minute [Wink] )

I have turned into a PA for the UK without knowing it, my mobile is ringing non stop about these bloody courses lol! The business is doing well though, more sessions booked for the 1st and 2nd June too....

Right, I am starvin marvin so gonna cook me some home made chips and gonna have a good ole chip butty!

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
SUMMER... happy as I am planning a trip to Marina in August and Ras Sidr in October... ooo I can see the SEA...

(Sorry Ayisha, we decided Luxor is too far for a weekend, but we will be there at some point. x)

Day of walking today was lovely, I deliberately went down roads I have never been down... at one point I stood out rather too much lol.. hey ho, if ever anyones quad bike breaks down I know where to get it repaired [Wink]

No football till August though, ah mah, what will I do with my weekends??? I guess I should put me toursit hat on and go out and about to see if the sites have anything new to offer [Big Grin]

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scotland checking in [Big Grin]

Someone has turned May into Autumn overnight. It is freezing and it has been stormy to say the least, spent the day puting back all the stuff that has been blown over in the garden [Confused]

Had a nice 3 days, one more day off and back for 7!
All is good though, enjoying the new job lots.

Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 128 pages: 1  2  3  ...  124  125  126  127  128   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com