EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Happy People (Page 128)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 128 pages: 1  2  3  ...  125  126  127  128   
Author Topic: Happy People
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering about you Y@H - just seen you've had it bad up there. We just had a bit of a shower. Not very warm though.

Glad the new job's going well.

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi to you Monkey! Glad you have not had it too bad. Hope all is good with you.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
Scotland checking in [Big Grin]

Someone has turned May into Autumn overnight. It is freezing and it has been stormy to say the least, spent the day puting back all the stuff that has been blown over in the garden [Confused]

Had a nice 3 days, one more day off and back for 7!
All is good though, enjoying the new job lots.

Mother nature is just playing games, she has promised the hottest June in 350 years for you guys... I really don't miss the UK weather.

Glad you like your job... [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ferret I think the hottest summer will be as true as the Rapture nonsense [Confused]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't care, I am not going home till christmas [Big Grin] Selfish ferret lol...

Even Egypt isn't as hot as it usually is be now... I still have a duvet on my bed!!! It is warming up but it is taking its time. My rule of never going in the water before June may have to be pushed back!

My brother is flying here Wednesday, I swear if that fecking volcano spoils it I won't be happy!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Oh yes the ash is supposed to hit us tomorrow!
Still using my electric blanket [Confused]
Hope your brother gets to you on time.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I hope so too... and I hope it doesn't prolong as if he misses returning for the IOW festival he won't be happy either!!!!

I am watching the news updates but as yet just a fuss over share prices and the flight looks safe.

Harumph.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Am stalking the News and it doesn't seem to be so bad from the Midlands... yet!

Ah well, if he cannot come it is for a readon and we will just move him to the next available flight, no point getting all het up over something I cannot control [Big Grin]

Why does all of outside smell like male cat pee today???

Right, off to shift an almighty headache by going for a pootle around the shops with me mam.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
So far so good, the morning flight from the Mids is looking ok... *touch wood - touches own head*

Just loaded my fridge, freezer, cupboards and fruit bowl up ready so if the plane is delayed all round mine for a feast!!!

And the weather is getting good now, Friday will be 42 degrees and the humidity will only be cak at night...

I spent a lovely afternoon with me mam and a friend who has been here 3 years and we talked all things positive, life, love, dreams, past, present and future. It is nice to be around happy people who enjoy ther lives and don't bang on about what they haven't got and really love all that they have [Big Grin]

Hippy ferret.

marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a happy person

Have a week off work soon [Smile]

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by marydot:
I am a happy person

ME TOO

Seriously, I am so looking forward to seeing my bro, we are the best of friends and we are so alike that the next couple of weeks will be awesome. He has never been to Egypt before so I am looking forward to showing him MY WORLD [Smile]

MD, you any plans?

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a mental image now of your poor brother spending a week chained to the kitchen sink and doing all your laundry Feret, bearing in mind what you were saying in the other thread [Big Grin]

Mabruk to both. I'm curious to know what MD has planned (and who with) too [Smile]

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Let me tell you this... I used to house share with a different brother and I told him whatever he left on the floor in the lounge I would just put on his bed to keep the place tidy, he was well pissed off when he left his dinner plate on the floor with gravy on and I put it face don on his pillow [Big Grin]

AND. A Different brother again was taking the pee by paying me a pittance to wash the footy kit for the team... so I popped a red sock in with the white shorts and watched with pleasure as 11 fit dudes ran around in pink shorts [Big Grin]

Seriously, I condition boys to be respectful muhahaha...

I may allow my brother to leave the apartment as long as he is clean and tidy. I promise.

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
A Different brother again was taking the pee by paying me a pittance to wash the footy kit for the team... so I popped a red sock in with the white shorts and watched with pleasure as 11 fit dudes ran around in pink shorts [Big Grin]

Ooh, you are an evil genius [Big Grin]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I AM an evil genius... [Big Grin] And the best bit, I am not always evil or retaliate when people expect it, I have a loooong memory .... muhahaha [Wink] I mentioned before I never forgive, or forget lol...

Right, bro is currently in Paris... slight delay to his flight but that was emailed to us 2 weeks back so cannot blame the clocks or the ash... simply means air space has been jiggled [Big Grin]

Arranged to have loads of time out from being an MI5 spy and have loadsa time off to cause havoc.

Tomorrow, there is a Breast Cancer Awareness event for Breast Cancer Egypt (BCE) at Ma'adi BCA if anyone reading wants to pop along and support this worthy cause.

For now, I am going to clean like the Queen is visiting and turn up the choons to top notch and clean me lil pad [Smile]

Feelin hot hot hot ....

Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
" did ya miss me yeah when i was away? did ya hang my picture on your wall ? "

EEEEE... we English don't worry about it !!

i'm happy [Wink]

Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Barca just proved to be the world's best by beating the fvcking red devils 3-1 @ Wembley..magic in action. [Cool]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Hey kalila, the picture hides a dirty stain lying there [Smile] [Wink]

Dz... Great game Barca are just a different class... Rooney had a great game too, some lovely passing going on but on the night best team won. Wtf was the folk in bowler hats at the start all about, what a pile o shite.

Bro here, business booming, sunbathed all day then beer, curry and football with the boys. Carlsberg don't do weekends, but if they did!!!!

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Probably the best in the world? Or is that Heineken? The old Carling Black Label ads were the best [Cool]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Doesn't one reach places other beers cannot reach... or, my fave, it's not red and there's no rocks in it.

Employment Fair today... tolerable I guess..

Sunburnt but smiley [Big Grin]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I attended possibly the best workshop I have ever seen, unique and innovative. I loved it

Bro met sandmonkey... Agreed he was childlike and pointless but he like sarah from offa sarahs world.

Ace club was rocking last night, excellent atmosphere, really had a good laugh, a good dance and a good beer [Smile]

Pyramids tomorrow, I never tire of seeing them...

marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still happy.

The bubble did burst, but we just blow up another one around us!!! [Smile]

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
quote:
Originally posted by marydot:
I am a happy person

ME TOO

Seriously, I am so looking forward to seeing my bro, we are the best of friends and we are so alike that the next couple of weeks will be awesome. He has never been to Egypt before so I am looking forward to showing him MY WORLD [Smile]

MD, you any plans?

The week has gone fast, back to work Monday.

Still the weekend is here and plenty of time to spend it with my 7abibi.

He can be at my place in less than 15 mins [Smile] If he drives like a mad man to get here.

The other night we drove from his place to mine, picked up my laptop made tea checked to see if here was ok, then drive back to his place, nearly splattered a fox on the motorway, but it was 3am.

Crazy i know but this is life [Smile]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Happy and knackered... A great day at the Pyramids, learned loads of first hand experiences of post revolution opinions. Very eye opening.

Powernap then bowling! I suck at bowling but its the joiining in that counts!!!

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did someone say bowling! [Smile] I agree it is great indoor activity to participate in, also great for a date. And you will get out of “suck” by practicing. I'm speaking from personal experience as I used to resort to trying to bowl the bowling ball dead center. Learning how to hook it now, and it takes a lot of practice, but already seeing improvements. Great feeling bowling a strike - and a gurantee ear to ear smile for anyone who bowls it. [Smile] Well unless you try to conceal it. [Big Grin] I can't!
Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I won 1 out of the 2 [Smile] I then played air hockey.. which I rock at [Big Grin]

Was a great night out, there were live performers in City Stars too and I have to say, watching break dancing is fab. So all in, an excellent day and night.

As for concealing a smile, we were jumping up and down and high fiving lol...

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on the win. [Smile] and re: high fiving and jumping up and down [Big Grin] Sounds like a great Saturday [Smile] Kick your ass in air-hockey any day though! [Razz]
Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Oh bring it on... Next time your in Cairo I demand a challenge!!!

Yeah, just a great day, tomorrow my bro leaves but ISA he will be back out soon. We have had a ball.

Plus the weather is picking up now so tomorrow onwards I'm going to the pool more often.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
So the happy ferret was a tour guide for her visiting bro. That's cool and you obviously did a great job if he wants to return, which was probably a little easy as Cairo is a great city. Enjoy your pool time. It is getting hot there, checked your local temps today, hey I have a thing for weather. [Big Grin]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I am a great tour guide... we wren't ripped off at all [Big Grin] I hada friend also visit the pyramids today and he paid more than us for way less time [Wink]

Yeah, bro has had an ace time, met some real interesting folk and basically been busy.

He also got to drive which was an experience...

Yup temps are finally on the up, about time as well...

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
You're a true Vet. It becomes personal doesn't it? Overpaying as a noob is acceptable in a way but for expats it's different and becomes a matter of principle. Good for you! So how much did your brother like it? And what didn't he like? Is he coming back for you, or Cairo [Big Grin]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
He loved everything Exiiled, except the Pharoahs revenge!!! Yup, his tummy was quite weak [Wink]

He will be back for Cairo, there is so much to see and I know he is looking forward to Luxor and Aswan too...

We are pretty much alike so living in a chilled out city full of culture is his style too...

I am a true vet, and yeah, my Arabic may not be as strong as those married to Egyptian dudes but I can communicate well enough to not have the piss took out of me [Big Grin] [Wink] At the end of the day me growling at them could be in any language lol...

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glad you both had a great time, give me a shout when you bring him to Luxor [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Possibly july or sept... hopefully he will be back for the Korba Festival.

1hr walk and today feels warm!!! Quick cuppa then drop him on his plane [Smile]

How's Luxor today?

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Luxor is hot, expecting 41 degrees today [Frown]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
71 degrees here today...nice and coollllllllllll [Cool]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Aye, weather is picking up now. Thank god!!!

Just said ta ra to bro [Frown] on plus side drove past new Carrefour being built and it looks good, thrown up!!! (Carrefour not me).

At a loose end now!!! Might sneak a sleep in [Wink]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
well, I popped on ES to see if there was anything interesting. Nope!

Not a fricking thing, nothing!

blesson
Member # 20383

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for blesson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you want to be happy think possitive . it is good idea to be happy. because our thinking is create the tension.
Posts: 20 | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 128 pages: 1  2  3  ...  125  126  127  128   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com