EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Happy People (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 128 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  126  127  128   
Author Topic: Happy People
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Morning happy people

Everyone ok?

I am really excited as a friend of mine will be in Bahrain for a month in August and has asked me to join her for a weeks holiday [Smile]

Any happy news?

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey you. Only just noticed your post.

How lucky are you. My uncle lives out there but i have never been.

Sorry no happy news today, hang on let me think ..................

............. erm .

my skivvy just bought me biscuits!!!!

Sorry thats the best i can do today.

Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to live there andI havent been back in a loooong time... i had such happy days there.

You would love it, it is such a party island [Smile]

I am going to get chocolate again I think!

I think I need checking for diabetes today lol

Vader is quiet... and WK!!!

My skivvy called me to see if I wanted anything.. how sweet.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh bless.

Vader said he wouldnt be on for a few days. Kitty was here earlier but she is probably sleeping egyptian style ha ha.

Yes cheeky you have an addiction.

I think i do for bacon. Why is it if i am told i cant have something i want it more. What is wrong with me??????

Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey
I had pizza to eat, and shopping to do today.
Not in the happiest mood today (other than the fact the pizza was the best). I'm just stressed, I had so much to buy today for Egypt, and I owe my friend money for a music festival we are going to in July. I hate having to wait until night time to talk to Sam, he'll calm me. Damn Egyptian's crazy sleeping patterns!

Ok... happy thoughts.... ermm... the pizza was realllly good lol.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
ooo which music festival.. TELL ME. I am the festival queen [Smile]

My bros are in the Isle of Wight at the mo and I will be in Egypt for V lol

Hey guys, we so have to go to Rock cafe to watch bands [Smile] I will only miss milk and music when I go!!!

I can rattle lol...

mmm pizza

Most of my stuff is there now in Egypt, just 60kg to go!

don't worry about money WK, you either have it or you don't [Smile] if you owe money pay her back little and often [Smile]

I crave things I cant have.. mainly the forbidden fruit!

I love sleeping like an Egyptian as power napping is fab

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh just Latitude, not one of the main players, but it's my first so I'm excited.

Man I'm tired today, maybe I should try one of those Egyptian naps.

Luckily I don't need too much money when I'm in Egypt- I love walking down the street with an Egyptian, it is like a whole new world than when I walk down it with my family. No hassle, little need to haggle, etc. Tis great.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I love any festival.. I love the vibe and being around such chilled (stoned) people.

Egypt seriously has to be the cheapest holiday on the planet doesn't it!!!

Watch he doesn't sell you for a camel..

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
My dad tried that, it was either three racing camels or twenty chickens. We are still waiting
[Frown]

My word I'm having a fat day. Pizza in the early afternoon, and now spaghetti bolognese... yummy

--------------------
Another one....

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
i have just had a packet of space raiders, a yoghurt and a topic!!!

Thankfully I have opened the wine to stop me eating!

I will be alright tomorrow, back on my healthy eating kick!!!!

lol, my dad tried to sell me for a mercedes!

yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow lucky you, id kill for a glas of wine now.
Didnt drink really since new year, miss the drinkin days.
Cant any more or my day will be wasted the next day.
i get to much of a hangover these days.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Yeah, I get hangover more nowadays but I blame the meds lol... nothing to do with me getting older

I don't think I could live without my wine! I don't smoke, belive it or not I really eat junk - honestly - and I am saving money so clubbing is out the window!!! Wine is my sanity.

I will drink for you [Smile] now thats friendship [Razz]

I have to say though a hangover in the Egyptian heat is 5000x times worse than an english one!

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
The next wine I'll be having is on Wednesday night, in Luxor [Smile]

But until then, Cheeky, I give you permission to drink for me too, lol.

--------------------
Another one....

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
la la la la la not listening.

I hate the fact you guys will be in Egypt and I will be in Walsall!!!

I wanna be there. *sighs*

Hey ho, not long really... [Smile]

I know you have whit WK, what about you Tiger, what wine do you like?

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Sorry this is where i cant join in. I really dont do wine. I drink it but dont enjoy it. Its foul. My uncle nearly slapped me once for having a glass of £250 crystal and adding orange juice to drown out the taste haha

WK i am now offically sulking that you will be in Cairo next week. Can you fit me in a spare suitcase. If you fly KLM they let you take 2 bags. But then again my new cases came back pretty battered so maybe not a good idea.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Have you seen KLM prices for August??? OMG... SO expensive.

I like the red wine on KLM [Smile]

MM, I would have slapped you as well... crystal is lush! Sheesh woman!

Not sure if you were in the thread when I declared I am in the know on all alcohol and good bras in Cairo! I have finally found a shop that caters for bigger boobage [Wink]

I am not a conventional size and shopping in the UK is bad enough.

See, this is the Egyptian advice you need ladies!

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
If it makes you feel better MM, I will be in Luxor, not Cairo, lol.

I don't actually like wine much, but because I started drinking at a rather early age (oh dear, I hope I haven't given some people ammo, lol) it is now the only thing that does the job. Other wise, I go for amaretto, vodka, Malibu etc.
Actually, considering I am a student, I don't drink much. Sadly most of my friends are working full time now, and at the weekends I work. This contrast in schedules is doing my social life no favours.

--------------------
Another one....

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
i am with you on the malibu WK

Yes i feel slightly better now as long as you dont visit cairo ha ha

i dont even wanna look at flight prices. I think i have defo decided to push back the move till sept. I want to have sophies full years fees ready to pay and still have enough for a flight home just in case.

Ye will need to point out the best replacement for bravissimo cos i dont think they will ship to egypt. ha ha

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
How much are schools out there?

Malibu was my first spiris drink I started drinking (after the cider and alcopops). It will always have a place in my heart. Damn it, now I want one, which really isn't a good idea at 2am.

I guess us three are the Big Bosom Buddies, and we all know they have to stick together lol

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to Egypt tomorrow inshallah , so yay I'm happy!
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Say Hi to Cairo for me 7ayat... 58 days to go for me [Smile]

I habe decided to have another day off... I have so very few days off and I do feel a little better but not sure if I could go for 9 hours on my feet [Frown]

How are you guys all feeling today?

Whenare you plannin to visit after this next trip WK?

Sept isn't too much after your original plan MM, better to be safe than sorry.. holler if I can help. x

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:

Oh, Yasmine, how wonderful. Have a safe trip and enjoy your stay back home!! [Smile] [Smile]

PS: Who's looking after your rats??

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

Oh, Yasmine, how wonderful. Have a safe trip and enjoy your stay back home!! [Smile] [Smile]

PS: Who's looking after your rats??

Well two died last week [Frown] one from old age,and one from cancer.

So my father in law will take care of my other two. My mother in law doesn't want them in the house, so he will have to come over to my place to feed them, and refill their water bottle inshallah.

And yeah I'm excited about going to Egypt inshallah! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I am sorry to hear you lost two so suddenly. So the little albino one is a new addition, yes??

Oh I can imagine how happy you must be back in Cairo. Seeing your family, meeting up with friends, get the latest gossip, eating all the good food..... you deserve it!! [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yorkshire rose:

Anno Domini dear heart [Frown]

I was talking to someone about this last night - my humble opinion is that somewhere around the age of 33 most of us lose tolerance to alcohol and have to cut down from 5 pints of Tennants Extra every night to 5 pints a week (and now for the past 3 years or so no alcohol at all - it makes me very ill now and I don't mean hangover ill I mean tachycardia and rocketing blood pressure within half an hour of a thimblefull).

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JennyDA
Member # 15382

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JennyDA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello All,

very new to this forum but maybe someone can help me.

I am interested in working at an orphanage in Cairo. Does anyone have any names and contact information for me?

I have worked at an orphanage before but in Poland.

All information is much appreciated!

Thank you!

Jenny

Posts: 2 | From: Sweden | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Oh I am sorry to hear you lost two so suddenly. So the little albino one is a new addition, yes??

Oh I can imagine how happy you must be back in Cairo. Seeing your family, meeting up with friends, get the latest gossip, eating all the good food..... you deserve it!! [Smile]

The Albino one actually died last week unfortunatly [Frown]

And yeah I'm looking forward to seeing everyone, and going to the beaches in Alexandria. I'm not looking forward to the 23 hour flight though!

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
QUOTE]The Albino one actually died last week unfortunatly [Frown]

OHHH! So you posted his pic as a memorial? How sweet of you.

You know my hamsters never lived long either. My two oldest ones became only also 18 months each and then they passed away so suddenly. When Terry died (my first hamster and also Albino) I cried for days; my friend and I buried him in the front yard under a bush.

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Yeah I buried my boys in the backyard of our apartment building - probably illegal lol [Smile]

But yeah, rats only live a maximum of two years, so you loose them quickly.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
I have dogs now and they will live much longer ISA. I just don't know how it will feel like when a pet dies who you loved and cared for for 10 or 15 years...... Gosh I really don't want to think about it. [Frown]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeema:
quote:
Originally posted by yorkshire rose:

Anno Domini dear heart [Frown]

I was talking to someone about this last night - my humble opinion is that somewhere around the age of 33 most of us lose tolerance to alcohol and have to cut down from 5 pints of Tennants Extra every night to 5 pints a week (and now for the past 3 years or so no alcohol at all - it makes me very ill now and I don't mean hangover ill I mean tachycardia and rocketing blood pressure within half an hour of a thimblefull).

OMG.. don't tell me that lol... I am not far from 33's door!!!

Tennants extra lol.. vile stuff.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
I have dogs now and they will live much longer ISA. I just don't know how it will feel like when a pet dies who you loved and cared for for 10 or 15 years...... Gosh I really don't want to think about it. [Frown]

[Frown] I have had to rehome my two dogs. I couldn't take them to Cairo as it would be selfish as their quality of life would be awful.

One has gone to a friend of a friend and the old boy has gone to live with a girl down south who has a farm, i still get updates how they are and regular pictures. I miss them so much [Frown]

Sorry to hear about your rats... [Frown]

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
How much are schools out there?

Malibu was my first spiris drink I started drinking (after the cider and alcopops). It will always have a place in my heart. Damn it, now I want one, which really isn't a good idea at 2am.

I guess us three are the Big Bosom Buddies, and we all know they have to stick together lol
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep malibu was my 1st after cider and alcopops too.

"Big Bosom" buddie yep i have to agree. haha

School are about 6000LE a year but the 1st year their are loads of admin charges so its about 11000LE

Jenny DA you would be better to start a new thread or pick out peoples post who you think might know and ask them. Also a google search might help.

* 7ayat * I'm going to Egypt tomorrow inshallah , so yay I'm happy!

OK please stop making me jealouse hah a have a great time.

Shantra OMG Tennants Extra i think i would be dying after 5 pints of that stuff. Its worse than special brew

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miffmiss - A bunch of us heavy metal types plus 2 alsation dogs were staying in a beach chalet in Dorset about 10 years ago and we bought a job lot of Tennants Super (not Extra) which is 'electric soup' - it was so disgusting we bought a shed load of lemonade to mix it with and had electric soup shandy [Big Grin]

For the uninitiated - Tennants Extra, Tennants Super and Special Brew are very high strength lagers. There was a theory one time that Tennants Super and Special Brew were both designed to appeal to old tramps and made high alcohol and low price to suit that purpose.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
I had to let my dog go too cheeky. Not just for Egypt but i had complaints from my landlord that she was barking all day. No matter how much i argued he was adamant it was her. 2 weeks after i got rid of her he rang me and kicked off that she was barking all night the night before. I took great pleasure in telling him he was wrong all along as i kept telling him, cos she hadnt been in the house for 2 weeks so no way it was her.

He still grovels but it wont get her back. She has a good home now though with an old lady down the street and we can visit her whenever.

Sophie was heart broken when she went and couldnt stop crying. Well that was until the ice cream van arrived. There is nothing a 99 with sprinkles cant fix.

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Qadeema:
Miffmiss - A bunch of us heavy metal types plus 2 alsation dogs were staying in a beach chalet in Dorset about 10 years ago and we bought a job lot of Tennants Super (not Extra) which is 'electric soup' - it was so disgusting we bought a shed load of lemonade to mix it with and had electric soup shandy [Big Grin]

For the uninitiated - Tennants Extra, Tennants Super and Special Brew are very high strength lagers. There was a theory one time that Tennants Super and Special Brew were both designed to appeal to old tramps and made high alcohol and low price to suit that purpose.

We got onto special brew in the same way in cornwall when we went on a weekend away. We drank it all weekend not noticing the taste. Now i can even smell it without feeling ill. ha ha I am the same with cider and 20/20. I so over indulged as a teenager. ha ha
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Tennants is loopy juice!!! I do only ever see tramps drinking it!

Mad dog 20/20... flashbacks to the scouthuts!

Peach Concorde... flashbacks to my first hangover!

It is sad to let a pet go! I loved my hounds so much but after a lot of heartache and advice from a good friend I decided I was just being selfish wanting them with me.

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
babycham = 1st hang over
20/20 = cause of lots of big mistakes
white lightening = Lots of forgotten nights
Castaway = my 1st alcopop followed by 2 dogs
whitelightning mixed with castaway = blastaway. cause of my stomach being pumped at 13.

Then i became a rep where it was my job to drink as much as everyone else but not get drunk. I got so good at it that now i cant get drunk no matter how much i drink.

So now i dont really bother drinking. I over did it in my early years.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
blastaway lmfao... that will have to be tried!

Vodka redbull is my worst experience, I got jelly legs, my ex had to put me in the recovery position to sleep lol

I am only a social drinker, I am just very social [Smile] in all seriousness, I like a beer and I like my wine but I dont do spirits very often... I cant do hangovers and a hangover in that heat would kill me!

I will wait till sophie is 18 till I get a good drinking partner then lol

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Just you wait Miffmiss - I used to have that firm belief about my tolerance for alcohol...... now I can't at all.
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
i love vodka redbull. But i cant even get drunk on that.

Oh remembered one i can get drunk on. Vodka jelly and vodka fruit shots. When repping we used to buy vodka in the barrels like you get for a water machiene. When we werew going out we would make up new drinks to do with vodka. We had apricot and peach trees in the garden so we would mush them up and soak them in vodka for 24 hours. OMG they were so strong.
Same with Vodka jelly but it would take so long to set we usually drank it when still sloppy.

Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shanta!!

get off the computer and get your housework done!!!

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I caught a lung infection in Malia and the Greek doctor told me it was from the fish bowls!!

Vodka jelly is just one thing I adore... i love the mix of the two! When se, sloppy would be a little snotty!

Sheesh this FYI message does my fruit in!

3 minutes my ass

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I caught a lung infection in Malia and the Greek doctor told me it was from the fish bowls!!

Vodka jelly is just one thing I adore... i love the mix of the two! When se, sloppy would be a little snotty!

Sheesh this FYI message does my fruit in!
180 seconds my ass

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

quote:
Originally posted by harankash:
Shanta!!

get off the computer and get your housework done!!!

Mrs Mop has failed miserably today - but the jam jar's quite full of LE [Wink]
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Did you get bored without me. I leave3 the comp for a few hours and i had to search down the list for the thread.

So hows the invalid

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
People, if you want a pet that really lasts, get a parrot [Smile] My African Grey, Panic, should see me to middle age, at least! lol.
I'm a sucker for hamsters too, I've had many since I was 8. After trying out dwarf hamsters, I now have one, and he is huge. Certainly suits his name Beowulf lol.

I haven't had vodka jelly in ages! Probably since the last time I was at Notting hill carnival, and that was like two years ago. I think I will need to make some for my birthday.

--------------------
Another one....

miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
The only pet that seems acceptable in Egypt is a cat and they are such skinny little things. They aint even nice to stroak as you can feel every bone.
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:
People, if you want a pet that really lasts, get a parrot [Smile]

Oh I'd love to get a macaw once we settle for good in Florida but I guess that bird would outlive me?? [Frown]
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Macaw's and Cockatoos never bloody die, lol, and they are very temperamental and pick a favourite, whilst being evil to everyone else. Smaller parrots are a lot easier.

--------------------
Another one....

This topic comprises 128 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  126  127  128   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com