EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Happy People (Page 68)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 128 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...  126  127  128   
Author Topic: Happy People
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ferret:
I have a boyfriend.. and his so blue.... dab a dee daba do dab a dee da

Cbrbdd... are you sure you don't have a gun or a buffalo!!! Perhaps you have them but have forgotten about them, our tour guide was very adamant about these facts.

What are you missing?

You can post here and I will have your share of drugs and alcohol [Big Grin]

hmmmm, well, I live in Texas but I don't really like guns . . . must not be very "Texan". Buffalo was our high school mascot . . . which I always thought was cool, but I can't imagine having one stashed in my little back yard . . . too big and smelly.

On second thought, you can't have my red wine . . . but all other alcohol you can take . . . still thinking about the drugs [Big Grin] . . . hey, maybe that's what is missing??? a nice good doobie??? am I dating myself?

My contribution to blue . . .
I'd rather be blue, thinking of you, I'd rather be blue over you, then be happy with somebody else!!
Barbara Streisand sang that in Funny Girl if I remember correctly . . . but honestly, I'd rather be happy without anyone, hehe.

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beware all, I'm a coke addict. And I don't mean the fizzy type.
Last night I went into my mum's room for a chat, only for her to show me a small plastic bag with white powder in it. She had found it in my coat pocket whilst I was away.
I explained to her it came from when I was dressed up as a powerpuff girl last year with friends. My brother was a professor, and our "bit" was showing him creating us. To do this, we bought smoke powder (which looks very dodgy when you take the label off), that you add to water. In the end, we didn’t do it.
So, I told my mum I will prove to her it is harmless, and got a glass of water, put the powder in, and waited for the smoke to come... it didn't.
I then asked my brother if he remembered it... he didn't.
Thus followed an intervention.
Ahh the dangers of fancy dress.

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mira Sol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure, smoke powder...mmmm...hmmmm.."powder"puff girl, indeed.

Well I am certain I heard that all Americans own guns, all Muslims are terrorists, and of couse all the English girls are whores. I heard it, so it must be fact!

So what's all this blue-ness about?

hmmm...LF, a boyfriend you say? please give us all the details, as we need to be kept abreast of all the new ways you mean to destroy Egyptian culture!

Posts: 929 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
pmsl @ WK's story.... smack head

And all Egyptian men are conmen.

Did I say boyfriend, sorry I meant boyfriendS [Wink]

Right, I am off to the pub to find the answer at the bottom of a glass [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mira Sol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Wink] Right. If you close your eye like that it should all come into focus and you will clearly see it is only one boyfriend not the many your drunk blurry vision has created.

Or try it when the building stops swaying it will work for sure then [Smile]

Posts: 929 | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mira Sol:
abreast!

Woohooo!

On another note, LF you got an apartment at last ?

Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Where are those ES mommies when you need them?

tsk tsk

HAPPY, at last!

Hooked up the new speakers I got for Christmas...woo hoo they be rattlin' all the junk in my trunk..(well actually all ma junk is rattlin')

Apartment, boyfriend? LF how will you find the time to destroy the culture with that many responsibilities??

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Where are those ES mommies when you need them?

No one will come to your rescue you now! You're dead obi-wan!!!
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Hey kiddo, don't you have a shisha to master?

[Razz]

Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
It's at home dude..
Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Mira Sol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omg

I have spent hours upon hours digging through my music on the computer, I think my eyes are bleeding..

I was really enjoying it, until it made me feel old...

Wah! Better open that wine [Smile]

Shouldn't a drunken LF be home soon?

Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
HOLY CRAP!!

You know your old when:

An iconic band of your generation is doing appearances on dumd-a$$ sit coms:

Violent Femmes in the day:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gproa6vzgws

and now on Sabrina the Teenage witch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w4g777SHlM&feature=related

better take some valium with the wine

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How awesome are the Violent Femmes!!!

I wanted to be a teenage witch...

The building has stopped swaying now..

There is always time to destroy a culture!!!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Oh and MS... Blister in the Sun is used on an advert in the UK too.. for beer [Big Grin]

Cheers fro re-introducing me to these guys [Big Grin]

Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.......

Damn! What about when they were edgy? Wah! I saw them a few times since they were from not too far way...

does anyone remember a mosh pit? do they still have them?

Ahhh...I miss the good old days...When I didnt worry about a thing besides beer money and concerts.

Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
My neck has spontaneously broken out in wrinkles!!!!

REM is on now, remember when they were good?

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I remember the mosh pit. I was always "too posh to mosh" and then i did one day and ended up with a black eye - reminded me why I used to hold the jackets while my mates did the stage-diving [Big Grin]
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Stage diving now, I never went there, and was one of those wimps that would bolt away so as not to have to hold up some sweaty maniac.

Oh yes dancing injuries were frequent and severe [Big Grin] ahhh...my wasted youth.

cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
My neck has spontaneously broken out in wrinkles!!!!

REM is on now, remember when they were good?

you are worried about being too old? LOL, what about when The Who was all the rage??? They were just honored at The Kennedy Center this year . . . never thought Roger would get to the point of looking like an old fart . . . but there ya go!

"Hope I die before I get old . . ."

"Teenage wasteland . . . "

"No one knows what its like to be the sad man . . . behind blue eyes . . ."

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Girls, are you talking about age now? Oh, I remember the pharaohs!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
cbrbddd... I love the song behnd blue eyes... I am not an old bird but I do love the old stuff...

I lost a toenail in a Foo Fighters mosh pit as I went in in flip flops! I too have had many elbow injurys [Big Grin]

I was a mosher till I got to Cairo and now I have to listen to Elton John and Neil Diamnond wherever I go! I do miss decent biker bars!

REM is my facebook shuffle at the mo [Wink]

Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Makbeta:
Girls, are you talking about age now? Oh, I remember the pharaohs!! [Big Grin]

Oh I remember the Pharaohs too! I saw them after the Giza Sound and Light show, they are still partying like it's 1999 (BC, of course) [Big Grin]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My God I must be really OLD, I have no idea what you are talking about [Frown] [Frown]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Morning Guys and Gals...

Ayisha Moshing is just like a pogo party in the middle of a crowd.

The Pharoahs at the Sound and Shite show were playing yankee doodle dandy on bagpipes!!! If I ever had to define the word random this would be my first example.

I am off to Al Azhar park today [Big Grin]

cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Yankee Doodle Dandy on BAGPIPES??? must have been a hoot!

Ayisha, don't worry . . . you are only as old as you feel after all . . . if Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby make you feel young then that is all that matters.

Hmmmm, who sang "That's Life"????

The Who sang many of my favorite songs . . . some of those from Quadrophenia were really good. If you had watched The Kennedy Center Honors (which I am sure no one here was doing on a sunday evening Stateside time, lol), then you would have heard a really bluesy version of "Love Reign o'er me" which had Roger and Pete nodding their heads on appreciation.
Found the vid . . . Bettye LaVette: http://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/features/article_1449285.php?compage=10&comcount=15&comlimit=10 . . darn, it was removed from YouTube linke posted at this website. Trying to find another link.

Maybe you will have to make do with the original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygOaNo3M_Hw

http://www.kennedy-center.org/calendar/index.cfm?fuseaction=showIndividual&entity_id=20531&source_type=A

of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prayers for today...

I thank God that I don't live up north and please send the warm weather soon, my feet are cold. [Big Grin]

Your going to the park Lady? Is it warm enough for the park where you are? [Smile]

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I cancelled the park in the end as some people could not stick to a plan if it were covered in glue...

I went to City Stars instead and got some new jeans in a fab sale [Big Grin] Then I actually fell asleep and had my monthly sleep catch up... now I won't sleep tonight and so the pattern can begin once again.

I think it has been cold today folks, I had a dither and I havent had one of those in 5 months!!!

sherribaby
Member # 15378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sherribaby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi LF - lucky you, first dither in 5 months!!

I think mines been a lot longer hehehee

Whats a dither by the way? Can it keep me warm? Its freezing here!!

Posts: 547 | From: uk | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Morning!!! its 7am and baby is still asleep [Big Grin] I've done 2 full days of weight watchers.. I'm still fucked up but quite happy [Big Grin] I really should stop coming to a forum which talks about the place i miss.

love city stars! never got to go to the rainforest cafe. still fancy those nacho's you talked about LF.

Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
morning, im sick, this could be the end *sob* [Frown]

edit: sorry forgot its Happy thread [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

*sob*

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dont worry Ayisha, I'm constantly crashing the happy thread with my blues [Smile]

hope you feel better soon xxx

Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
Aw, Ayisha & FK...

You still qualify as Happy People until you are bitter, nasty or judgemental.

You are free to be unhappy. It's the sapping of others happiness that would disqualify you [Smile]

BTW not so happy myself [Frown]
I overslept and was late to work. Great way to start the week.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Ah, happy sappers are not welcome at all...

I am very happy and exhausted. Wherever I turn I have good luck thrown at me!!! Things seem to be coming in 13's not 3's lately [Big Grin]

I had about 16 seconds sleep so I am shocked I got up at all [Wink]

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

I'm bitter and twisted [Big Grin] ... and off my rocker!
Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
FK as long as you don't piss on my parade your still ok with me [Big Grin]

Bleck, I have felt like crap all day.

of_gold
Member # 13418

Icon 1 posted      Profile for of_gold     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful weather here today... no dithering. [Big Grin]

I would be quite happy to be fucked up... [Smile]

Hold on Ayisha, I am quite sure its not the end ...possibly a new beginning. I think you must be going through a cleansing. [Wink]

--------------------
"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts." (Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton)
Leap and the Net will Appear.

Posts: 3891 | From: No good deed goes unpunished. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by of_gold:
Beautiful weather here today... no dithering. [Big Grin]

I would be quite happy to be fucked up... [Smile]

Hold on Ayisha, I am quite sure its not the end ...possibly a new beginning. I think you must be going through a cleansing. [Wink]

*sweeping my kitchen floor at the moment*
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
MORNING ALL

Wow, I slept [Big Grin] I feel great.

FK, yeah, I checked my phone and my butt made the call at around 1.30am... please forward my butts apologies on.

MS, I have put a piss cover up over the parade so people can try to piss on it as much as they like but it'll just run off [Big Grin]

SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW... how is England folks [Wink]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
cleansing my chest I think, although coughing till im inside out nothing coming up. got woke at 4am with hubby shoving a tablespoon of medicine in me gob [Frown]

of_gold, where's my chicken soup?

FK, please dont piss on me, unless its some weird cold and cough cure [Razz]

--------------------

Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

I'm not pissing on anybody [Big Grin]

LF... I will pass on he apologies when and if i speak to him..... we went on webcam yesterday and he was cooing at Ameria... totally changed how i feel, didn't feel right at all!

our garden looks beautiful!!!

off swimming today, this is the fourth day on weight watchers, doing ok... Ahmed kindly told me " linz you are getting fat " ....anyone would think i've just had a baby... git.

sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ferret:
MORNING ALL

SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW... how is England folks [Wink]

I am happy today as I had to take a day off, no train or bus working in London today. I am off to make a snow man [Big Grin]
Posts: 816 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amazes me how London comes to stand still after a couple of inches of snow [Big Grin]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
of_gold
Member # 13418

Here you go Ayisha CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP - SORT OF

Good Morning all you Happy People! [Big Grin]

I am off to my class today. [Smile]

happybunny
Member # 14224

Icon 1 posted      Profile for happybunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Totally agree YAH [Big Grin]

There are no buses, all the schools are closed! The local news is saying "do not leave your homes unless you HAVE too" WTF - it's snow, not an alien invasion!

My 4 year old is driving me crazy because she is in and out crying that she is cold, then wants to go out again! It's 11.30am and i feel like its 8pm [Wink] 4 changes of clothes she has had today and it's not even midday [Big Grin]

Posts: 895 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talk about over reaction, you're right there!!!!! I always think a nice walk in the snow if it's sunny does you the world of good [Big Grin] I guess my local news doesn't care about it's viewers as we've not been told to stay in [Frown] Hope you manage to keep your sanity hb!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
I remember one year we couldnt wait for the snow to get to our village and went off to Buxton where they had loads [Big Grin] played in it all day rolling about until we were too cold to move, drove home, hot baths all round and blankets in front of a coal fire, bloody great it was [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

How come I get more colds here than I did there?? [Frown]

--------------------

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay snow. Essex is knee deep in it... ok, not quite that bad, but getting there.
I hope I never grow out of the urge to make snowmen.

Anyway, I'm happy today... well, I'm not unhappy, so that will do.
Sam's appointment for a tourist visa is fast approaching, and although I keep telling him not to get his hopes up, he damn well has. Sadly, I'm sure he will just be disappointed [Frown]

What do you think would sink first in the snow- my parrot, or my hamster?

--------------------
Another one....

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
hhmm depends what you weight them down with WK [Big Grin]

--------------------

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Well, I guestimate that they weigh about the same (hamster is called Beowulf for a reason. And parrot a twitchy little thing).
They both have skinny little legs that will immediately sink- however, hamster faster moving, so can probably keep on top longer. But, parrot has wings that can help (though cannot fly, it can flap).
Schools waste time teaching the periodic table, this is the kind of science we need to know!

--------------------
Another one....

Mira Sol
Member # 15569

Rate Member
LF! The piss cover is working!
Look at all the happy people! [Big Grin] yay on with the parade!

I feel better today too. And a little tiff from yesterday ended with apologies striaght off this morning.

Snow? Ewww. I could live without it. WK keep your pets indoors you cruel woman!
Ayisha hope your on the mend soon.

This topic comprises 128 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...  126  127  128   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com