EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Internet access

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Internet access
GBA
Member # 14862

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GBA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was sent to me earlier, in case you have not seen it - it has some dialup numbers and a few other pieces of information

http://pastebin.com/9jJUku77

Posts: 140 | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks [Smile]

Sadly my landline won't dial international as I discovered trying this method during the black out though I did try the direct number (non DNS method but of course was randomly guessing them).

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shanta do you have bluetooth on your mobile and your laptop?
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reposting for future reference...

This has been posted and tweeted before probably but for those in Egypt who have Bluetooth on their mobiles and laptops but no international landline can still dial out

http://thingsalongtheway.blogspot.com/2011/01/instructions-for-obtaining-dial-up.htm

Also on al j:
Internet access across Egypt is still shoddy according to most reports. Khadija Sharife wrote in the Huffington Post that Egyptians can still connect "via traditional phone lines using the following instructions: FDN (Free World Dial up) to access the Internet anonymously at the following number: 33172890150 with login: toto and password: toto."

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll check it out - I do have bluetooth on one of my phones but it's my UK one so probably not financially feasible, I'll check.
Didn't know that the landlines that are international can no longer dial out.
I have a standing arrangement with my family that they will call morning and night if they don't hear from me otherwise and update my facebook wall daily so peeps can know where things at.
Quite hard to convey to people that you are unable to initiate an international call though!

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com