EgyptSearch Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Cairo post departure (about the revolution) (Page 19)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Cairo post departure (about the revolution)
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I have been informed that under the Egyptian legal system there is no presumption of innocence, the onus is on the accused to prove they are innocent.
I have listened to people in this country complaining about corruption ever since I came here. President, police, civil servants blah blah
Personally I don't see why it is assumed that corruption begins at the top. Even on this board I've regularly seen established expats giving advice and suggesting a little baksheesh will oil the wheels and so on.
Not one single person in this country has never given a few pounds to jump a queue in a government office, police station, and chasing the Mubarak family and the rest for corruption is at best amusing [to me at least] and at worst, hypocritical. The lawyers, prosecutors, judges involved will almost inevitably be in their posts through corrupt means.
I am not defending Mubarak, any more than I would defend any of you if I saw you slipping someone LE20 in the Mogamma.
My opinion of HM [don't know a lot about him] is that he was around far too long [even if he'd been a great president] and well, he could have been a lot worse.All politicians are power mad jerks in my opinion, and over the past 30 years, there have been a few at best as bad, and some a lot worse than this regime.
The issue of human rights abuses toward his own people, is unforgiveable. it will be scary if this aspect is not addressed in favour of following the money.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mo, on the one hand I agree with you about the corruption and it's right through from top to bottom BUT if it hadn't been FROM the top then the bottom wouldn't HAVE to be.

About slipping backsheesh to get things done, there are MANY instances where you can't get what you SHOULD or are entitled to without it and that's how it's been for God knows how long, and there WAS nothing you could do about it.

I have a friend with an established business and an impecable record. For good reasons new rules were put to those same businesses and my friends company passed all requirements without problem BUT some box had to be ticked by the governor annually and last year he must have been getting a little skint, so he wouldn't tick the box. Not to do with safety or anything but LE250,000 got it ticked when there was NO good reason to not tick the box in the first place. So there was really no choice, pay up or no tick for NO reason but the governors own. In a proper society there would have been somewhere to go and report this, there wasn't.

As for babaMu, it was up to HIM to stop this sort of thing AT the top, not encourage it so it HAS to filter down to the little man. My husband was watching something the other day that was saying before babaMu such and such % were under the breadline so to speak, now after and during his regime the % got much MUCH higher and the rich-poor divide got wider. He did nothing for his PEOPLE and all for his OWN, and that is why they must do the top FIRST.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend told me yesterday she read that Mubarak could be hanged for his crimes...
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't you secretly suspect though, that concentrating on $$$$$ will be a smokescreen to enable the next [if there is one?] government to maintain the ability to maintain an internal security system just like the last one?
I still have this irrational belief that while those in power [like your example] can easily excercise their greed, this system is fed from below. Why on earth are the police suddenly screaming for more money? Because they fear that the bribes won't be available. Next, the 'traffic office' staff will pull out for the same reason.
I have stood in line in one of those places wanting to scream "Don't pay!!! wait all day! they will ask for a pay rise eventually! Or stop complaining about corrupt politicians."
Mubarak didn't invent graft in this place.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, in democracy it is what YOU make of it, not what someone makes FOR you.

And you cannot judge what happened 30 years ago, from today's position of habits and knowledge! 300 years ago perhaps all our forefathers were murderers by today's standards. Though in their times it may have been the way to do things. Egypt recently was a kingdom and all presidents up till now have mimicked either kings or then generals (because this is what they were). There are no human rights I think in wars and military courts are also pretty grim places. You follow orders or you...

You have to take that in account when assessing those persons.

Torturing by services is another thing but again - historically there was torturing, until people became enlightened enough to start thinking it is wrong, perhaps.

You cannot ask a person be more enlightened than he can realistically be in his time and in his country. It is even dangerous for a leader, I think, to be too enlightened, too much "ahead", because then the simple folks will not "get" him. You have to be in tune, and in tune with the most violent kind, who prefer to speak with hands. Should Egypt not get a "softy" president next, THEN what will happen, for example?

Anyway, who cares, they are all sniffing blood already so...

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by this:

The dogs (and I like dogs) are those who are too obedient and remain attached to their masters, refusing to be free. Barking to protect them. Demanding the return of their masters or seek new ones to enslave them.

I like cats. Always fully independent, always of own mind [Wink] .
Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Re: Egyptian Legal System

Hosni, his sons, and former regime for that matter are detained under the Emergency Law that they enacted. Under the Emergency law suspects irrespective of innocence or evidence may be detained indefinitely. Initially 15 days and then subsequent 15-day periods that are indefinitly renewed. This is authorized by a.) public prosecutor b.) state security prosecutor.

This is the system that Hosni Mubarak put in place. It's truly ironic but certainly poetic justice. So the idiots here who cry at the unfairness or injustice - again it's the system that Hosni Mubarak put in place. Now if the Emergency Law is lifted, all allegations, cases and ensuing prosecutions would be constitutional. This wasn't the case the past 30 years and fittingly it's not the case with the Mubaraks' prosecution.

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Exiiled:
Re: Egyptian Legal System

Hosni, his sons, and former regime for that matter are detained under the Emergency Law that they enacted. Under the Emergency law suspects irrespective of innocence or evidence may be detained indefinitely. Initially 15 days and then subsequent 15-day periods that are indefinitly renewed. This is authorized by a.) public prosecutor b.) state security prosecutor.

This is the system that Hosni Mubarak put in place. It's truly ironic but certainly poetic justice. So the idiots here who cry at the unfairness or injustice - again it's the system that Hosni Mubarak put in place. Now if the Emergency Law is lifted, all allegations, cases and ensuing prosecutions would be constitutional. This wasn't the case the past 30 years and fittingly it's not the case with the Mubaraks' prosecution.

Hung by his own noose in effect, sweet.
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mo Ning Min E:
Well, I have been informed that under the Egyptian legal system there is no presumption of innocence, the onus is on the accused to prove they are innocent.

That is absolutely false.
There is exception though. Min Ayna Laka Hatha (from where did you get that). When it comes to money and suspicion of corruption a prosecutor can ask a person or company to prove that the money they have was gained legally. The onus is on the accused to provide proof.

Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RE: "I have been informed that under the Egyptian legal system there is no presumption of innocence, the onus is on the accused to prove they are innocent."

I think whoever told her that is very ignorant. But it's also wrong to take anyone's word on such a serious matter. The saying “Ignorance is not an excuse” also applies here. The fact is suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty under Egyptian judiciary.

”Egypt's laws require that a detained person be brought before a magistrate and officially charged within forty-eight hours or released. An accused is entitled to post bail and had the right to be defended by legal counsel.”

ht tp://en.jurispedia.org/index.php/Criminal_law_%28eg%29

Unfortunately Hosni Mubarak has undermined Egyptian's Judiciary over the past thirty years. His regime weakened Judges and the Courts and empowered the Police and Prosecutors under the Emergency law that blatantly circumvents Egyptian Judiciary.

Egyptian Judicial Law → You are innocent until proven guilty, and you are to be released within 48hrs after your arrest if there is not enough evidence against you e.g enough to formal charges. You will see a judgee and you are entitled to post Bail.

Hosni Mubarak's Emergency Law → You are guilty and can be held indefinitely, even without a shred of evidence. You won't see a judge, you can't post bail. Your relatives don't have the right to visit you. You can't have a lawyer.

There is some serious-serious-serious ignorance that prevails around here. Ignorance is not an excuse.

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

الجريدة - كشف مصدر مطلع، أن حكومة الدكتور عصام شرف تدرس حالياً، إلغاء قانون التوقيت الصيفي، وذلك لما يسببه من حالة من الارتباك في حياة المواطنين المصريين، إضافة إلى وجود بعض التحذيرات من المخاطر الصحية من تغيير الساعة على صحة الإنسان، ويبدأ العمل بالتوقيت الصيفي نهاية شهر أبريل، وينتهي في الخميس الأخير من سبتمبر في كل عام.

وفي تصريحات خاصة لـ”المصري اليوم” أضاف المصدر، أن في العام الماضي حدثت حالات من الارتباك للمواطنين، نظراً لتغيير الساعة أكثر من مرة مع حلول شهر رمضان المبارك وتغييرها بعد انتهائه والعودة للعمل بها مرة أخرى.

يذكر أن القانون رقم 141 لسنة 1988 صدر في شأن تقرير نظام التوقيت الصيفي، معدلاً بالقانون رقم 14 سنة 1995 ، حيث تقضي المادة الأولى منه بأن التوقيت الصيفي يبدأ من يوم الجمعة الأخيرة من شهر أبريل حتى نهاية يوم الخميس الأخير من شهر سبتمبر بحيث تكون الساعة القانونية هي الساعة بحسب التوقيت المتبع مقدمة بمقدار ستين دقيقة.

بينما تقضي المادة الثانية من القانون رقم 141 لسنة 1988 المشار إليه، باستثناء شهر رمضان المعظم من كل عام من نظام التوقيت الصيفي المنصوص عليه في المادة الأولى سالفة الذكر.

Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
الجريدة - كشف مصدر مطلع، أن حكومة الدكتور عصام شرف تدرس حالياً، إلغاء قانون التوقيت الصيفي، وذلك لما يسببه من حالة من الارتباك في حياة المواطنين المصريين، إضافة إلى وجود بعض التحذيرات من المخاطر الصحية من تغيير الساعة على صحة الإنسان، ويبدأ العمل بالتوقيت الصيفي نهاية شهر أبريل، وينتهي في الخميس الأخير من سبتمبر في كل عام.

وفي تصريحات خاصة لـ”المصري اليوم” أضاف المصدر، أن في العام الماضي حدثت حالات من الارتباك للمواطنين، نظراً لتغيير الساعة أكثر من مرة مع حلول شهر رمضان المبارك وتغييرها بعد انتهائه والعودة للعمل بها مرة أخرى.

يذكر أن القانون رقم 141 لسنة 1988 صدر في شأن تقرير نظام التوقيت الصيفي، معدلاً بالقانون رقم 14 سنة 1995 ، حيث تقضي المادة الأولى منه بأن التوقيت الصيفي يبدأ من يوم الجمعة الأخيرة من شهر أبريل حتى نهاية يوم الخميس الأخير من شهر سبتمبر بحيث تكون الساعة القانونية هي الساعة بحسب التوقيت المتبع مقدمة بمقدار ستين دقيقة.

بينما تقضي المادة الثانية من القانون رقم 141 لسنة 1988 المشار إليه، باستثناء شهر رمضان المعظم من كل عام من نظام التوقيت الصيفي المنصوص عليه في المادة الأولى سالفة الذكر.

Good move, this will end the ridiculous disproportionate day hours. Especially during the summer months when worshipers only have 6 or so hours between Isha and Fajr prayers. That's 3'thaaab there. There is nothing better than the natural divide of daylight and nighttime.
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post 
In the UK they keep muttering about 'double summer time' - that would be bizarre if the UK was on the same time as Egypt!
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A30HSA_YkA&feature=player_embedded

يوميات ثورة

Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

The above video and the one below present aspects of the revolution that were impossible to put together especially during the events themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=738_EReBFCs

Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

كشفت صحيفة "الديلي تليجراف" البريطانية النقاب عن السبب وراء محاكمة الرئيس السابق حسني مبارك وعائلته،
رغم تعهد الجيش بعدم ملاحقته قضائيا، وهو أن مبارك خرق الاتفاق المبرم مع الجيش عندما تنحي في 11 فبراير الماضي، بالبقاء بعيدا عن السياسية، إلا أنه بخطابه الأخير الذي بثته فضائية العربية، واكتشاف مؤامرة لتحريض البلطجية ضد المتظاهرين ومحاولة الوقيعة بين الجيش والشعب في تظاهرة 8 إبريل كسر الاتفاق، الأمر الذي دفع النائب العام لتوجيه الاتهامات لمبارك.

ونقلت الصحيفة عن بعض الخبراء قولهم : إن" السبب وراء توجيه المدعي العام المصري للاتهامات لمبارك وعائلته هو أنهم كسروا الصفقة السرية المبرمة مع الجيش حاكم مصر الجديدة، فقد وافق مبارك عندما ترك منصبه على البقاء بعيدا عن السياسة والتقاعد الهادئ في فيلته بشرم الشيخ".

وأضافت الصحيفة:" لكن بدلا من ذلك، قام أبناء مبارك بتحريض البلطجية مرة أخرى ضد المتظاهرين، وختم الرئيس السابق مصيره بإصدار تسجيل فيديو بث على فضائية العربية يصر فيه على أنه بريء تماما من ارتكاب أي مخالفات، كما كانت لهجته لهجة تبرير وتحد، وهدد بمقاضاة متهميه، وهذا التسجيل دفع المصريين للنزول مرة أخرى لميدان التحرير للمطالبة بمحاكمة مبارك".

تابعت الصحيفة أن هذا النزول دفع المجلس الأعلى للقوات المسلحة للإعلان عن حريصه على تجنب المزيد من الاضطرابات وأنه سوف يتم استجواب مبارك.

وقال الدكتور عماد جاد، الخبير السياسي في مركز الأهرام للدراسات السياسية والاستراتيجية:" عندما تنحى مبارك قدم المجلس العسكري الأعلى ضمانات بأنهم سوف يقومون بحمايته ولأسرته وعدم السماح بالتحقيق معه إذا بقي بعيدا عن السياسة.. إلا أن جمال خالف هذا الفهم، وبدأ التدخل مرة أخرى، وكان يخطط لثورة مضادة ومحاولة التسبب في الفوضى".

ويضيف جاد :أن" جمال وراء معظم القرارات الكارثية التي سارعت في سقوط والده، فمنذ 25 يناير وهو يقوم بالخطأ تلو آخر". ويتوقع المصريون أنه آن الأوان للكشف عن أكثر قضايا الفساد خطورة، ولا أحد يعرف بالضبط كم من الأموال غير المشروعة سرقها مبارك وأولاده، ولكن المحققون يجمعون المزيد من المعلومات عن ثروة العائلة.

وتوضح الصحيفة أن أسرة مبارك سعت للحفاظ على عرشها بتكوين دولة بوليسية سجنت وعذبت الآلاف ظلما، وهذه الانتهاكات محل تحقيق حاليا، والسؤال الأساسي هل لعبت الأسرة دورا في تفجيرات هزت البلاد مثل تفجير كنيسة القديسين في يناير والتي خلفت عشرات القتلى. ويعتقد على نطاق واسع على أن نظام مبارك يحاولون إثارة الفتنة بين المسيحيين والمسلمين إتباعا لنظرية "فرق تسد".

وبحسب الصحيفة فإن مستقبل الأسرة حاليا يبدو كئيبا، وسوف يمثل الأخوان أمام محكمة في القاهرة، وفي نهاية المطاف قد ينضم والدهما إلى قفص الاتهام معهما إذا استرد صحته، وقد رفع الآلاف شعارات ضده وهو يرقد في مستشفى في شرم الشيخ، ويطالبون بتحويله لمستشفى عسكري، ومن المرجح أن يموت مبارك في المستشفى العسكري قبل أن تدركه العدالة، وقد تستغرق المحاكمة بضع سنوات.
المصدر : الوفد

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Egypt's Former Ruling Party Dissolved — But Not Defunct

By MATT BRADLEY

CAIRO—A high-level Egyptian court has ordered the dissolution of Egypt's former ruling National Democratic Party (NDP), fulfilling a central demand of the protest movement that ousted the country's former president in February.

But reports of the NDP's death may be greatly exaggerated. Before the verdict, the party's residual leadership was already restyling itself for a comeback ahead of parliamentary elections scheduled for September, complete with a new name and new leadership....

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703702004576269172473506278.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Mubarak deputy quizzed over protest deaths

Omar Suleiman questioned in Egyptian probe into deadly violence used against protesters by Hosni Mubarak's regime.

Omar Suleiman, the former Egyptian vice-president, has been questioned in connection with violence against protesters during the uprising that toppled Hosni Mubarak, the president, the general prosecutor's office has said.

Suleiman, the country's long-time chief of intelligence, was questioned about "information held by the intelligence services on the events of the January 25 revolution," the prosecutor's office said on Tuesday.

He was asked about "the killing of protesters during peaceful [anti-regime] protests and over the wealth of the former president and his family," it said.

Mubarak, who had ruled Egypt since 1981, named Suleiman his first ever vice-president on January 29 in a bid to placate the growing protest movement.

Nationwide protests that erupted on January 25 and eventually toppled Mubarak's regime on February 11.

Rawya Rageh, Al Jazeera's correspondent in Cairo, said: "It actually is not clear if Mr Omar Suleiman is under house arrest or not.

"We do know for a fact that he's not being detained pending those investigations, we know that he was summoned on Monday to be questioned over information he would have been privy to in his capacity as intelligence chief of the country.

"We know that there has been no official announcement banning him from travel like the other members of the inner circle of president Mubarak."

Revised death toll

A government fact-finding mission announced on Tuesday that at least 846 Egyptians died in the nearly three-week-long popular uprising.

In their report, the panel of judges described police forces shooting protesters in the head and chest with live ammunition and presented a death toll more than twice that of previous official estimates.

"The fatal shots were due to firing bullets at the head and the chest," the report read, adding that "a huge number of eye injures," filled hospitals, and hundreds lost their sight.

Earlier official estimates put out by a Mubarak associate had put the toll from the days of demonstrations, in which protesters battled heavily armed legions of riot police, at 365, but local groups had put the figure much higher.

The mission held Mubarak ultimately responsible for the killing of the protesters since Habib el-Adly, his interior minister, had issued the orders to open fire.

Omar Marwan, the head of the commission, said the report is based on the accounts of 17,058 officials and eyewitnesses, along with 800 video clips and pictures obtained from individuals who were present at the protests.

Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Commission: Mubarak complicit in shootings

Cairo (CNN) -- Ousted Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak was complicit in shootings of anti-regime protesters during a period of upheaval in the country, a member of an official fact-checking commission said Tuesday.

"Whether the president gave the official order or remained silent knowing the shooting of protesters would take place, he is responsible for the 846 protesters who died during the January 25 revolution, especially since the killing started from Day One," said Judge Omar Marawan, the commission's secretary-general.

Marawan held a press conference after the release of the commission's report, which said 846 civilians and 26 policemen were killed during 18 days of protests that led to Mubarak's resignation on February 11.

The report focused on the killing and injury of demonstrators during the unrest in an effort to disperse them; what it said was the intentional opening of prisons, leaving a security vacuum; and the government's manipulation of the media. It also issued recommendations as the country moves forward.

The commission watched videos that confirmed several prisons were opened by security forces, according to the report. Members also concluded that police used extreme force against protesters and fired shots at people who were trying to film the unrest from balconies and windows. In addition, the report accused police of intentionally running over protesters with vehicles.

The commission's role was to compile information about the events and hand over their findings to the general prosecutor.

Prosecutors have questioned Omar Suleiman, Egypt's former vice president and intelligence chief, the general prosecutor's office confirmed Tuesday, about events that took place during his brief period as vice president.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/meast/04/19/egypt.mubarak/

Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

http://arabtube.tv/viewVideo.php?video_id=15204&title=____10__________19_4______________________________________________________________
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
official fact-checking commission

my @SS!!!!! [Roll Eyes]

If Mubarak wanted to take protesters out he would have pulled a Gaddafi on his own people but that's not him. He loves his country, he fought for this country, he would have died for his country just like a martyr.

How do they come up with the figure of 846 dead people I wonder - people continue to talk and show pictures of the 25 martyrs which died fighting for 'freedom and democracy' during the uprising. Now what happened to the other 821 Egyptians? They weren't brave enough? Where are their pictures and stories? What does it take to die a f#cking martyr death in Egypt?

Honestly I have no idea of how they came up with 846 casualties. Anyone???????

It's a bloody shame that Mubarak doesn't receive more support from inside and also outside of the country. But that's how it is. People will always be nice to you as long as they can benefit from you. Once you are going downhill they will turn their backs on you. Too many Egyptians profited from Mubarak during his 30 years of reign, now everbody is busy to cover their own @sses, keep their mouths shut, try to secure much of their wealth as possible and pray to Allah that they won't be caught and prosecuted too.

[Mad]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Suleiman: Mubarak did not order killing of protesters

by Ahmed Shalaby Tue, 19/04/2011 - 19:05

The public prosecutor heared statements on Monday evening from Egypt's former head of intelligence, Omar Suleiman, regarding the information collected by the General Intelligence Service on the events of the 25 January revolution, the killing of protesters and the wealth of the Mubarak family.

According to judicial sources, Suleiman was summoned by the prosecution after ousted President Hosni Mubarak told investigators that he received information from the head of intelligence that saboteurs and Muslim Brotherhood members were preparing to join the protesters in order to create a state of lawlessness.

During the five-hour-long questioning, Suleiman said the General Intelligence Service had received information that the protests were being led by Brotherhood members. Suleiman said the information was sent to the president in confidential reports.

Suleiman went on to say that the State Security apparatus had the same information. When asked by the prosecution where he received this information, how the former president and Interior Ministry dealt with the protesters and whether or not they had issued orders to kill the protesters, Suleiman said that meetings were being held continuously at the presidential residence in light of the protests, some of which he had attended, but that he never heard the former president issuing orders to kill the protesters.

Suleiman claimed the former president ordered the former Interior Minister Habib al-Adly to show restraint and not to attack the protesters, and that with the escalation of events he instructed him to protect public property and to let the armed forces deal with the protesters.

Suleiman then added that there was information he could not mention in the investigations, and that this information could have serious implications if publicized.

Regarding the Mubarak family’s wealth, Suleiman did not mention any specific information, other than his claim that the former president had always instructed his sons not to contact any ministers or to request any illegal benefits.

http://www.almasryalyoum.com/en/node/406354

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
A worrying turn for the revolution

Wednesday, 20 April 2011
By Khalaf al-Habtoor

When I penned my column ‘Egypt’s youth uprising has been hijacked’ in early February, I experienced a deep sense of foreboding. I didn’t want to dampen everyone’s optimism because, of course, I want the best for the people of Egypt, a great Arab nation.
I knew I was bucking the trend, but I refused to see the situation through rose-tinted spectacles. Two months on, everything I dreaded is, sadly, unfolding. As I predicted, the country is still beset by protests, strikes, sit-ins and lawlessness.

According to the Associated Press, “Crime has soared by 200 per cent since Hosni Mubarak’s ouster from the presidency” with “murder, violent theft and kidnapping leading the surge”.

The cancellation of an African Champions League football match between the Egyptian club Zamalek and Tunisia’s Africain, because Egyptian fans attacked players and officials on the pitch, was shameful.

People empowerment is one thing, but ultimately law and order must prevail. Equally disturbing is the ravaged economy.

Foreign currency reserves are at their lowest since 2007 and growth projections have been downgraded. Tourism is almost non-existent. Hotels are empty. Adding to Egypt’s economic woes is the mass influx of Egyptian workers escaping Libya.

I’m most worried about the political front. Almost as soon as Mubarak resigned, prominent figures in the youth movement faded away. It is also worrying that the young protesters haven’t appointed a leader.

When the former IAEA chief Mohamed ElBaradei tried to vote during last month’s constitutional referendum he was booed and shoved by opponents who claimed he was an agent for the US. I’m beginning to wonder whether some of the revolution’s instigators were being paid by foreign powers all along.

It’s no secret that Washington’s relationship with Mubarak had cooled and that the 2005 presidential contender Ayman Nour was cozy with the White House.

Likewise, Saad Eddin Ibrahim, an Egyptian pro-democracy activist and a critic of Mubarak, has been financed by American NGOs. The fact is there are no credible applicants for the top job and not enough time for new ones to emerge.

The Muslim Brotherhood have announced that they won’t propose a candidate this time around but its leadership is waiting patiently in the wings, cooking up a plan to grab the attention of the electorate in four years’ time. That doesn’t mean that they won’t support an ‘independent’ candidate as their puppet in the meantime.

The Brotherhood are currently trying to model their soon-to-be-formed political party along the lines of Turkey’s ruling Justice and Development (AK) Party, which was founded on moderate Islamic principles. Don’t be fooled by this makeover.

This group, the parent of Hamas with offshoots throughout the Middle East and North Africa, plan to turn Egypt into an Islamic state run according to their own perception of the Sharia (Islamic Law). In a country with substantial Coptic and secular minorities, that would be a recipe for violent dissent.

President Mubarak once warned: “If the Muslim Brotherhood succeeded in taking over the country, the world would isolate them, as they have done Hamas... Many people will take their money and leave the country. Investments will stop. Unemployment will grow.”

Say what you will about the former leader, on this point he was right. Worst of all, the Muslim Brotherhood have informal ties to the Iranian regime, primarily through its strong links with Hamas.

The group welcomed Iran’s Islamic revolution and in 2008 its former Supreme Guide Mohamed Mahdi Akef told an Iranian news agency that “the Muslim Brotherhood support the ideas and thoughts of the founder of the Islamic Republic”.

It is, therefore, not illogical to assume that, should the Brotherhood assume power, they could become a conduit for Iranian influence in the heart of the Arab world.

That would be a coup for Tehran which has already spread its tentacles to Lebanon, Syria and Yemen – and is trying to infiltrate Kuwait and Bahrain. Last week, a court in Kuwait City sentenced Iranian spies to death and expelled Iranian diplomats for their involvement in a spy ring.

Egyptian-Iranian relations have already warmed following the passage of Iranian warships through the Suez Canal and a meeting between the Egyptian interim Foreign Minister, Nabil al-Arabi, and Mugtabi Amani, a top Iranian official.

“Cairo is ready to re-establish diplomatic ties with Tehran after a break of more than 30 years,” al-Arabi said.

An appointed caretaker government has no mandate to take such important decisions on policy. Prime Minister Essam Sharaf and his Cabinet are supposed to limit themselves to the day-to-day running of the country until elections have been held.

Sharaf should be focusing on the more pressing needs of the Egyptian people.
It was a bad omen when, last month, he spoke on a podium in Tahrir Square with leading Muslim Brotherhood figure Mohamed al-Beltagui at his side.

Egyptians must remain alert to destructive external forces which are gaining influence in Egypt with the help of proxies.

If Egypt, the Mother of the Arab World, is weakened by division and infighting, it will be like a knife thrust into the heart of every Arab, as well as a gift to the strategic ambitions of Washington, Tel Aviv and Tehran.

The writing’s on the wall. I pray that the Egyptian people will see it before it’s too late.

http://english.alarabiya.net/views/2011/04/20/146062.html

vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwwvv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Women's rights group condemns recent governor appointments," by Safaa Abdoun for Daily News Egypt
http://www.thedailynewsegypt.com/human-a-civil-rights/womens-rights-group-condemns-recent-governor-appointments.html

“Did the Egyptian revolution erupt to take Egyptian women a step backward?”

The Egyptian Center for Women’s Rights (ECWR) condemned the recent reshuffling and appointment of new governors in Egypt that excluded women, describing it as “disappointing and contradictory to the principles of citizenship, justice and equality.”

“The Egyptian Center for Women's Rights is worried that this exclusion may be intentional with the pretext that now is not the convenient time to talk about women’s rights,” the statement read.

Posts: 1365 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by vwwvv:
“The Egyptian Center for Women's Rights is worried that this exclusion may be intentional with the pretext that now is not the convenient time to talk about women’s rights,” the statement read.

And it's not - according to Egyptian men. Khalas. Call back the office in let's say 100 years.
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
quote:
Commission: Mubarak complicit in shootings

Maybe his best days are behind him, and maybe imprisonment won't amount to much. But he will feel the deepest despair knowing his two sons are ruined and damned. Now if they get Suzanne too, well that'll be the cherry on top (Hosni's demise).

A most beautiful day. [Big Grin]

Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

quote:
Originally posted by tigerlily_misr:
quote:
official fact-checking commission

my @SS!!!!! [Roll Eyes]

If Mubarak wanted to take protesters out he would have pulled a Gaddafi on his own people but that's not him. He loves his country, he fought for this country, he would have died for his country just like a martyr.

How do they come up with the figure of 846 dead people I wonder - people continue to talk and show pictures of the 25 martyrs which died fighting for 'freedom and democracy' during the uprising. Now what happened to the other 821 Egyptians? They weren't brave enough? Where are their pictures and stories? What does it take to die a f#cking martyr death in Egypt?

Honestly I have no idea of how they came up with 846 casualties. Anyone???????

It's a bloody shame that Mubarak doesn't receive more support from inside and also outside of the country. But that's how it is. People will always be nice to you as long as they can benefit from you. Once you are going downhill they will turn their backs on you. Too many Egyptians profited from Mubarak during his 30 years of reign, now everbody is busy to cover their own @sses, keep their mouths shut, try to secure much of their wealth as possible and pray to Allah that they won't be caught and prosecuted too.

[Mad]

Well the video I posted above is of a Chief Justice- a member of the fact finding commission. After listening to him detailing how they went on gathering evidence and giving facts about what happened in various stages of the revolution. I'm convinced some people will fry. They were so good and so impartial and soooooooo detailed. I believe Mubarak is toast. The crimes that were committed and the planning that was involved boggles the mind.

On example that surprised is that members of the state security met with representatives of the three mobile service provides to plan for cutting service if need be. They met on January 23rd!
I would love to know if the meeting was unprecedented or if this was done before every protest.
The attacks on February 02,2011 on Tahrir square was likely planned days in advance. Mubarak supporters came in groups from different areas and one group did not know the other but they all gathered empty bottles and filled sacks with rocks before heading to the square. The commission established who incited each group to attack the protesters and those people are connected to each other. They refused to give names but I bet Murtada Mansour is one of them and he's likely to fry for this one. People died.

They got the number of dead and wounded from hospital records. They believed that the number is much higher but refused to include any dead person who was not documented by hospitals,army or any reliable organization. I'm telling you, they were so accurate and conscientious this report by itself could start a revolution.

Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

نشرت صحيفة الفجر تحقيقا بعنوان "المهمة المستحيلة لنقل مبارك من شرم الشيخ" رصد فيه الزميل حاتم أبو النور أسرار ما حدث عصر الاثنين الماضي في مستشفى شرم الشيخ، وفيما يلي نص التحقيق..

في الساعة الثالثة من عصر يوم الاثنين الماضي وصلت إلى شرم الشيخ ثلاث سياسات مغطاة بزجاج فاميه نزل منها خمسة مسئولين، أربعة منهم من مكتب النائب العام والخامس لواء في الجيش وتوجهوا على الفور إلى جناح الرئيس السابق في المستشفى الهرمي.

كانت مهمة هذه المجموعة نقل مبارك من مدينته المفضلة التي اختار النفي فيها إلى المركز الطبي العالمي على طريق الإسماعيلية، لكن ما إن دخلوا عليه حتى أصابته حالة من التشنج العصبي مصحوبة ببكاء وتشبث بالسرير وقال لهم: "انتوا حتحبسوني".. فقد تصور أنهم سيحملونه إلى السجن كما حدث مع ولديه علاء وجمال.

وانتقلت عدوى البكاء إلى زوجته سوزان وصرخت فيهم: "كفاية كفاية أنتوا حتسجنونا".. فلم تجد المجموعة مفرا من أن تتصل بمسئولين أعلى منها في القاهرة وتقرر بعدها أن يبقى مبارك في مكانه حتى يمكن إقناعه بأنه سينتقل من مستشفى مدني إلى مستشفى عسكري.

كانت هناك سيارة إسعاف مجهزة بمعدات العناية الفائقة تقف في انتظار نقله إلى المطار بعد أن رفضت التعليمات الأمنية نقله بطائرة هليكوبتر.

وصل عدد بوكيهات الزهور التي وصلت إليه حتى تلك الساعة 194 بوكيها.. وسمح لأطباء المستشفى بزيارته مدة لا تزيد على 30 ثانية كان خلالها يكتفي بتحية الزوار بهز رأسه. وكانت هناك في الساعة السادسة و18 دقيقة من مساء يوم السبت الماضي طائرتان أقلعتا من مطار ألماظة لنقل متعلقات مبارك وعائلته إلى القاهرة.. ووصلت الطائرتان مساء أمس بالمتعلقات لكن .. دون أن يصل مبارك.

قبل أن يدخل الرجال الخمسة على مبارك كانت حالته الصحية مستقرة واستعاد عافيته من ارتجاف الأذين القلبي وضبط ضغط قلبه، لكن بعد أن دخلوا انقلب الأمر وحدثت انتكاسة صحية تمثلت أعراضها في قصور بوظائف القلب وقصور في وظائف الطرفين السفليين (الرجلين). وامتنع عن الطعام والشراب.

فريقه الطبي الذي يشرف عليه ماهر جاويش لم يجد مفرا من وضع محاليل له يتم حقنها فيتامينات "ب" مركب (بنورابيون) وأوصى بأخذه ثلاث مرات يوميا.

كما أوصوا بمنحه على الفور علاجا دوائيا لضبط الضغط الذي وصل لحظة دخول الرجال الخمسة إلى أدنى مستوياته 100/50 لكن وبعد ربع الساعة تقريبا انضبط الضغط وارتفع إلى المعدل الطبيعي 130/80.

المفاجأة أن التشخيص الطبي لمبارك عقب محاولة نقله اكتشف ثقلا في لسان مبارك وخروج بعض الحروف من فمه غير منضبطة خاصة بعد أحداث عملية نقله فتم استدعاء طبيب ألماني استشاري في الأمراض العصبية وآخر مصري يحمل رتبة لواء في الخدمات الطبية استشاري في الأمراض النفسية والعصبية.

تم الكشف على مبارك من قبل الطبيبين الألماني والمصري فخرجا الاثنان بنفس التشخيص وهو إصابة مبارك anxity neurosis عصاب القلق أو الخوف من المجهول نتيجة تعرضه لموقف عصبي عنيف فأصبح متوجسا وخائفا على الدوام.

الطبيبان أوصيا بضرورة تجدد الوجوه بأخرى غير مألوفة حتى ترتفع معنوياته بجانب العلاج الدوائي اناكس أقراص ويستعيد الأمل مرة أخرى بعد أن وصل إلى أقل معدلاته بعد محاولة نقله من شرم الشيخ.

مصادرنا أكدت أن الأطباء يخشون من حدوث جلطات بسبب الخلل في إنزيمات الكبد نتيجة نقص المناعة، وتم منحه مدرات للبول كعلاج تحفظي خوفا من حدوث ارتشاح جديد على عضلة القلب، لذلك تم منع الصحف المصرية نهائيا من دخول غرفته والاكتفاء ببعض المجلات الأجنبية.

هناك الآن ثلاثة أنواع من الحراسات على مبارك الأولى داخل الجناح وتتولاها حراسته الشخصية بقيادة اللواء مصطفى سليمان، والثانية حراسة الشرطة العسكرية التي تتولى تأمين المستشفى من الداخل، والثالثة حراسة شرطية التي تتولى محيط المستشفى من الخارج.

أول من زاره يوم الاثنين كانت خديجة الجمال بصحبة ابنتها فريدة لكنها غادرت المبنى بعد أقل من 20 دقيقة تاركة ابنتها مع جدها بناء على طلبه، وفي اليوم التالي وصلت هايدي راسخ بسيارة بورش زرقاء بصحبة خادمة فلبينية كانت تحمل في يديها حقيبتين، وبعد خمس دقائق هبطت خديجة الجمال من سيارة جاجور سوداء ومعها خادمة مصرية.

الغريب أن سوزان ثابت لم تكن موجود يوم الثلاثاء وكان بصحبة مبارك خادمة أجنبية ظلت معه طيلة اليوم لكنها غادرت مع هايدي التي تركت الفلبينية لتسهر على خدمة مبارك ليلا.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Hosni is stuck in Hosni Emergency Law Hell. The prosecutor renewed the 15-Day detention. [Big Grin] The same renewal his sons got. The same renewal that countless Egyptians received while awaiting trials that never materialized.

Source: Every news source

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post 
Mubarak to be transferred to military hospital "Mazraa" associated with Tora prison after being judged ok to travel.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-13183924

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Well, he'll start sobbing again and they will feel sorry for him and let him stay a little longer in his suite in Sharm Hospital [Roll Eyes]
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

http://www.alqaheraalyoum.net/videos/playvideo.php?vid=572152b2f

http://www.alqaheraalyoum.net/videos/playvideo.php?vid=821485f39

Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Egypt-Israel gas pipeline attacked by armed gang'
By REUTERS AND JPOST.COM STAFF
04/27/2011 06:12

Egyptian security source says unknown assailants blew up pipeline in Sinai leading to Jordan and Israel; pipeline has been target of attack since Egyptian unrest began in February.

http://www.jpost.com/MiddleEast/Article.aspx?id=218033

Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

http://www.arabawy.org/2011/04/27/suez-revolution/comment-page-1/#comment-25804

The myth of ‘non-violence’

Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Egypt first-time guest at Cannes film festival

The Cannes International Film Festival on Thursday announced a new plan to host a "guest country" at the festival each year, and that Egypt will be the first, in tribute to the 25 January revolution.

In a statement, the administration said that the Egyptian uprising reflected a universal longing for freedom and democracy.

This year’s Cannes festival, to be held from 11 May to 22 May, will be its 64th. A celebration held on 18 May will commemorate the late Egyptian filmmaker Youssef Shahin and present the Egyptian film "18 Days," which comprises ten short documentary films depicting the revolution.

The celebration will end with a dinner, to be attended by the Egyptian minister of culture.

The Egyptian film “The Postman” will also be shown among the festival’s “classics” program.

The festival will also salute the Tunisian revolution by showing the Tunisian documentary film "No More Fear," which French Minister of Culture Frederic Mitterrand invited the Egyptian delegation to watch.

Translated from the Arabic Edition

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
AUC law professor to be tried before a military court

By Mai Shams El-Din /Daily News Egypt April 29, 2011, 6:02 pm

CAIRO: Law professor at the American University in Cairo Amr El-Shalakany was arrested two days ago and will be tried in a military court in Suez, according to rights activist and a member of "No for Military Trials for Civilians" campaign, Mona Saif,

El- Shalakany faces a possible sentence of 15 years in prison for "insulting the supreme military council" and causing riots and burning a police station.

Hailing from a family of prominent lawyers, El-Shalakany has not yet been officially charged. He was arrested when he attempted to drive in a restricted area near Neama Bay in Sharm El-Shiekh, one of Egypt’s top beach resorts in South Sinai.

He allegedly exchanged verbal insults with the military officers who tried to stop him.

Initially he was to be released Friday when the detaining officers suddenly decided to transfer him to Suez for a trial under martial law.

"We assume that he would not set fire in a police station, and would calculate his actions in this context, as someone who is very aware of Egyptian law," said Saif.

El-Shalakany's lawyer could not be reached for comment by press time.

http://www.thedailynewsegypt.com/human-a-civil-rights/auc-law-professor-to-be-tried-before-a-military-court-dp1.html

Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Swiss reveal funds stashed by Gaddafi, Mubarak, Ben Ali

GENEVA (Reuters) – Switzerland has found 360 million Swiss francs ($415.8 million) of potentially illegal assets linked to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi and his circle stashed in the Alpine country, the Foreign Ministry said on Monday.

Some 410 million Swiss francs traced to former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak and 60 million Swiss francs linked to former Tunisian President Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali have also been identified, Foreign Ministry spokesman Lars Knuchel said.

"In the case of Libya, it was 360 million Swiss francs," Knuchel told Reuters. "These amounts are frozen in Switzerland following blocking orders by the Swiss government related to potentially illegal assets in Switzerland."

Both Tunisia and Egypt -- where unrest led to the ousting of Ben Ali and Mubarak -- are in touch with Swiss judicial authorities regarding their formal requests for legal assistance to seek return of the funds and property, according to Knuchel.

No such discussions are underway with authorities in Libya, where Gaddafi is clinging to power in the face of an uprising and NATO air strikes.

Neutral Switzerland had previously announced that it was freezing any assets linked to the three North African leaders, thereby requiring financial and other institutions to report any suspicious funds.

The respective amounts were fairly "stable," based on information provided by Swiss-based financial institutions to authorities, Knuchel said. He declined to name the banks or the cantons (states) in which the accounts or properties are held.

"We never specify the institutions. It is not just money, there are real estate assets," he said.

LIBYA HAS DENIED SWISS ACCOUNTS

Swiss Foreign Minister Micheline Calmy-Rey was shown on Swiss television on Monday night telling a news conference in Tunis after meeting Swiss ambassadors from North Africa and the Middle East meeting in the Tunisian capital: "The funds that Mr. Ben Ali put in Switzerland were not very significant. We did not have very good relations with his regime."

Libya's foreign ministry has previously denied that Gaddafi holds bank accounts in Switzerland or in other foreign coffers.

Relations between Switzerland and Libya soured in July 2008 when Geneva police arrested Gaddafi's son Hannibal on charges of abusing two domestic employees. The charges were later dropped after a confidential settlement negotiated with the victims.

Libya withdrew more than $5 billion from Swiss banks, halted oil exports to Switzerland and barred two Swiss businessmen working in Libya from leaving the country for more than a year.

Swiss authorities also froze assets belonging to Ivory Coast's now deposed President Laurent Gbagbo in January.

Switzerland has worked hard in recent years to improve its image as a haven for ill-gotten assets.

Its cabinet has previously taken blocked funds in accounts held by deposed strongmen including Ferdinand Marcos of the Philippines and Nigeria's Sani Abacha, buying time for foreign prosecutors to build a case for restitution of funds.

Knuchel said that Switzerland had returned $800 million, held by Abacha, to Nigeria, although it took some 4-5 years to complete legal proceedings.

"It was a good example of restitution," he said.

The Swiss Finance Ministry said earlier on Monday it had started proceedings to return assets of former Haitian dictator Jean-Claude "Baby Doc" Duvalier, frozen since 1986, to the Haitian government.

Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

May 5 (Reuters) - Egypt's former interior minister, Habib al-Adli, was sentenced on Thursday to 12 years in jail for money laundering and profiteering, a judicial source said.

Many Egyptians have been closely watching the fate of Adli, one of the most hated members of the administration of Hosni Mubarak, because of the brutality of his police force during the uprising that deposed the former president on Feb. 11.

Adli is also facing separate charges of killing pro-democracy protesters during the revolt and squandering public funds. (Reporting by Dina Zayed; Writing by Edmund Blair)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/05/05/egypt-minister-jail-idUSWEA891320110505

Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

الجريدة: كشفت تحريات رقابية عن مفاجآت جديدة فى قضية الاستيلاء على أموال مهرجان القراءة للجميع، تتمثل فى حصول سوزان ثابت، زوجة الرئيس السابق حسنى مبارك، وفاروق حسنى، وزير الثقافة الأسبق، وأنس الفقى، وزير الإعلام السابق، وصاحب دار نشر شهيرة على 1.5 مليار جنيه كانت أرسلتها دول وجهات أجنبية لدعم المهرجان.

هذا وقالت مصادر إن التحريات أفادت بأن صاحب دار النشر اتفق مع الفقى على استثمار هذه الأموال فى شركات سمسرة، يملك جمال وعلاء مبارك أسهماً بها، مما أدى لتحقيقهم أرباحاً بلغت نحو 2 مليار جنيه.

ولقد أوضحت تفاصيل التحقيقات التى أجراها فريق من محققى جهاز الكسب غير المشروع وأعضاء اللجنة القضائية، مع جمال مبارك، نجل الرئيس السابق، داخل سجن مزرعة طرة، فى وقائع اتهامه بتضخم ثروته نتيجة استغلال سلطات والده، التى استمرت أكثر من 7 ساعات، وانتهت بحبسه 15 يوماً على ذمة التحقيقات. أن جمال حصل على 5 ” عمولة من قيمة عقد تصدير الغاز إلى إسرائيل.

ولقد أشارت التحقيقات إل حصول رجل الأعمال حسين سالم على نسبة مماثلة، وأن جمال مبارك استغل نفوذه وتمت الموافقة على تصدير 1.7 مليار متر مكعب سنوياً من الغاز لمدة 20 عاماً بثمن يتراوح بين 75 سنتاً و1.5 دولار للمليون وحدة حرارية، بينما يصل سعر التكلفة إلى 2.65 دولار، مما أضر بالمال العام، لكن جمال نفى حصوله على عمولة وقال: ”ليس لى علاقة بموضوع الغاز من قريب أو بعيد ولم أحصل على عمولات”.

وخلال التحقيقات اعترف جمال بعدم تقديمه إقرارات الذمة المالية الخاصة به على مدى 10 سنوات، واعترف بوجود تحويلات بنكية بين حساباته وحسابات مسؤولين سابقين فى الحكومة والحزب الوطنى المنحل، منهم أحمد عز وزهير جرانة وأحمد المغربى، لكنه قال: ”هذه التحويلات كانت تبرعات للحزب، وأنه كان ينفقها على الدعاية له”.

لكن جمال عجز عن الرد على المحقق عندما واجهه بوجود شركات فى قبرص وإحدى الجزر البريطانية تعمل فى إدارة صناديق الاستثمار، ويتم تمويلها من بعض رجال الأعمال، ويساهم فيها هو وشقيقه، بجانب شركات أخرى لهما فى بريطانيا ومصر وجزيرتى فيرجين وكايمن أيلاند، فيما نفى وجود حسابات سرية لأفراد أسرته فى البنوك، وأعطى أعضاء اللجنة موافقة بالكشف عن سرية حساباته فى الداخل والخارج، ووقع على ذلك باللغات العربية والإنجليزية والفرنسية.

من جهة أخرى، بدأت نيابة أمن الدولة العليا التحقيق فى البلاغ المقدم ضد المهندس سامح فهمى، وزير البترول السابق المحبوس فى سجن طرة، وعدد من قيادات الوزارة بشأن الموافقة على إبرام اتفاق لبيع الغاز المصرى بالأمر المباشر عام 2002 إلى الشركة الإسبانية – المصرية للغاز، التى تساهم فيها شركة يونيون فينوسيا الإسبانية بحصة الأغلبية

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Families of revolution martyrs threaten to set Suez ablaze

http://www.almasryalyoum.com/en/node/428788

Wow.... how nice and peaceful these people are - NOT. [Roll Eyes]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Wael Ghonim gets book deal for 'Revolution 2.0'

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=14&t=003493

Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

قضت محكمة جنايات الجيزة برئاسة المستشار محمود سامي كامل بمعاقبة زهير جرانة وزير السياحة السابق ورجلي الأعمال حسين السجواني وهشام الحاذق بالسجن المشدد لمدة 5 سنوات مع إلزامهم برد المبالغ المهدرة من أموال الدولة المقدرة بـ51 مليون دولار وذلك في قضية تخصيص ملايين الأفدنة لصالح شركتي الحاذق والسجواني بمنطقة الجمشة في الغردقة بالمخالفة للقانون وبسعر أقل من سعر المتر في هذه المنطقة.
وفور صدر الحكم هتف أمير جرانة شقيق وزير السياحة السابق قائلا "ده مش عدل.. ده مش عدل" ووجه بعض أفراد أسرة جرانة ألفاظا سباب للصحفيين والإعلاميين المتواجدين بالقاعة بينما قام حرس المحكمة بإدخال زهير جرانة من قفص الاتهام بسرعة.
ويعدر جرانة ثاني مسئول سابق في نظام مبارك المخلوع الذي يصدر ضده حكما بالسجن، بعدما صدر قبل أيام حكما على حبيب العادلي وزير الداخلية الأيف بالسجن 12 عاما في قضايا فساد مالي.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Egyptian Convoy to head from Tahrir to Gaza

http://www.thedailynewsegypt.com/human-a-civil-rights/aid-convoy-to-head-to-gaza-on-may-14.html

Mashaal: Egyptians are not required to march to Gaza Strip

Thu, 12/05/2011

Khaled Meshaal, the head of the political bureau of the Islamic resistance movement Hamas, said that for the time being Egyptians are not required to march to the Gaza Strip in support of the Palestinian cause.

Egyptian activists had called on Egyptians to march to the Gaza Strip through the Rafah border crossing on 15 May. The event, which has been dubbed “March to Palestine Day", is intended to mark the 63rd anniversary of the declaration of the State of Israel.

In statements published on the official website of the Muslim Brotherhood in Alexandria, Meshaal said that, "advocating the cause by taking a political stance, sending relief aid, boycotting and sending prayers is a must at the moment. We do not ask you to march."

He went on to say that "Egyptians of various factions and sectors must unite to establish a strong internal front,” said Meshaal. “They must pay attention to the fact that the transitional period must end as soon as possible and with minimal losses so it can form a strong government and authority that can heal the internal faults and protect the country from external threats."

"As a Palestinian resistance movement, we cannot expose Egypt to the burden or to more than it can handle now,” he said. “We cannot call on it to engage in a direct clash or war with the Zionist Entity at the critical stage that Egypt is passing through.”

Meshaal added that "the Palestinian people, who endured for 60 years will be able to withstand another five or ten years, and can wait for a powerful Egyptian recovery, which will in turn lead to the rise of the entire Islamic world, not only Palestine."

"I would like to tell the Egyptians to take care of their country and its internal front, and that the transitional period must pass quickly,” Said Meshaal. “We are waiting for you after Egypt rises, and we will not burden you with more than you can bear."
http://www.almasryalyoum.com/en/node/434877

http://www.politicalforum.com/latest-world-news/186198-egyptians-not-required-march-gaza-strip.html

Burning the israeli flag in #Tahrir NOW . Long Live #Palestine ...... #may13 5 hours ago

Israel is a disgusting ( will never call it country ) , Will burn their flag EVERYDAY again and again! YES i want to be offensive #Palestine 49 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/msheshtawy

Tens of thousands of SMS call for the launch of the third Palestinian intifada

SMS flood Palestinian mobile phones in an attempt to ignite the third Palestinian intifada on Friday, with a series of events planned at the Al Aqsa mosque and elsewhere in the West Bank

by Saleh Naami , Thursday 12 May 2011

http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/11981.aspx

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=11&t=005461#000002

adamakary Adam Makary
Buses are being organized to bring #Copts to Cairo. This is all part of their ongoing protest for more rights in wake of the #Imbaba clashes 14 minutes ag

adamakary Adam Makary
# Maspero protesters have also called on #Copts from all over #Egypt to gather there 2day, not #tahrir. Aim: to get a million ppl at state tv 16 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/adamakary

Military Council warns of sectarianism as unity rally planned

http://www.thedailynewsegypt.com/religion/military-council-warns-of-sectarianism-as-unity-rally-planned.html

This should become a very interesting weekend.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uh ohhhh what a weekend indeed!!!! I could have won bets big time that really nasty events will unfold. [Roll Eyes]

EGYPT: Shooting, clashes at Coptic Christian sit-in injure at least 60

May 15, 2011

Witnesses and Egyptian state television reported that armed thugs attacked a group of mainly Coptic Christian protesters overnight Saturday, injuring at least 60 people, two critically.

Christian protesters have been holding a sit-in outside the state television building in Cairo for nearly a week after Christian-Muslim clashes in the Imbaba area of the city that left 15 people dead.

Overnight, crowds could be seen rushing into the sit-in area, lobbing rocks and fire bombs from a nearby bridge and charging toward the few hundred protesters. Vehicles were set on fire and fires burned in the middle of the street.

Apparently, clashes began after protesters blocked the road at about 8 p.m. Marc Mino, a protest organizer, told state television that drivers had provoked the fight after refusing to be searched before entering the protest area.
An eyewitness, George Thabet, said he saw “young thugs in plain clothes” atop the nearby 6th of October bridge hurl Molotov cocktails down at protesters at about 8 p.m., injuring scores of people and setting cars ablaze.

After gunshots were fired, police and soldiers set up tanks at the ends of the road and began firing warning shots to scare of the attackers, Thabet said. By 1:30 a.m., security forces had restored order and protesters resumed the sit-in.

Sectarian violence has challenged Egypt's military rulers, who took over after longtime President Hosni Mubarak was forced to step down in February and have attempted to maintain order ahead of September’s presidential election.

Political analyst Ammar Ali Hassan described the latest violence as "a second phase of what started last week in Imbaba."

"The same people who ignited sectarian violence and were aiming to disrupt the country’s stability and start a civil war between Muslims and Copts to destroy any gains of the January 25th revolution are unleashing their thugs against Coptic demonstrators, especially after efforts to calm down tensions over the last week have been relatively successful," he said.

He rejectedthe possibility that the attackers were religious extremists, and said they were more likely allied with Mubarak.

"We still have many people who belonged to Mubarak’s regime and it’s in their best interest to trigger conflicts like these and keep them alive," Hassan said.

Following the latest religious violence, military leaders promised to respond to Coptic Christian protesters’ demands, including reopening nearly 50 churches. But no trial date has been set for those responsible for last week’s violence.

-- Molly Hennessy-Fiske and Amro Hassan in Cairo

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/babylonbeyond/2011/05/egypt-shooting-clashes-at-coptic-christian-sit-in-injure-more-than-60.html

Tonight:

THOUSANDS PROTEST IN CAIRO NEAR ISRAELI EMBASSY

Our friends on Twitter are telling us that protests in Cairo against the Israeli Embassy have turned violent.

From what we are hearing and seeing (via YouTube and TwitPic) there could be hundreds injured and several killed. The Army is involved and there are reports of tear gas being used, as well as bullets.

Animals at the Cairo Zoo are also crying out as tear gas drifts into the animals' cages.

This is one in a series of protests demanding the removal of the Israeli ambassador and the severance of ties with the Jewish state.

We think they should all just stop -- right about now -- before this situation becomes worse than it already is ...

http://www.glittarazzi.com/home/2011/5/15/thousands-protest-in-cairo-near-israeli-embassy.html

Let's have a look ourselves at some of the tweets:

Ramy Yaacoub
There are several reports stating that some protesters at Israeli Embassy in #Cairo attempted to storm it. #Egypt
5 hours ago

Zeinobia
By the way I am quite distracted by some of our revolutionaries ,what do you want !? seriously what do you want ?
2 hours ago

Menna منّة Alaa
I said it once,and I'll say it again. A revolution is destroyed by the stupidity of its revolutionaries. #Egypt #israeliembassy
3 hours ago

Nadia El-Awady
I seriously worry about revolutionaries becoming addicted to the adrenaline of revolting for the sake of revolting alone
3 hours ago

Alfred Raouf
What happened today at #IsraeliEmbassy is the worst possible distraction, it will not get any public support to the revolutionaries #Egypt
2 hours ago

Reem Abdellatif
We need to fix our country first and we need to start now. then we'll get what we want. #EGypt #IsraeliEmbassy #Maspiro
2 hours ago

Adam Makary
#BREAKING #UPDATE: at least 120 people injured after clashes outside the Israeli embassy in #egypt // #nakba #gaza
33 minutes ago

tarekshalaby Tarek Shalaby
Israel embassy, Giza - tear gas - LIVE at http://bambuser.com/v/1659053
1 hour ago

How pathetic these Egyptians are.... Instead of focusing on the upcoming parliamentary elections and bringing back stability to their own country they are out to show their hate against 'arch enemy' Israel. [Roll Eyes]

The revolution got side tracked I am afraid to say, it's gone..... you royally **** up your country and do no good for your own citizens. Keep up these kinds of incidents and you are better off with Mubarak again and his state of emergency law.

Egyptians can't deal with freedom I can see that now; sh$t what else will happen in the months to come????? [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] You ain't gonna get tourists or your blooming economy back in this kind of way no no no..... FCUK THIS. GOOD NIGHT!!!!!!!

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Okay, first good update on what exactly took place last night:

Cairo's 'Nakba' protest turns violent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee7voUlHLaQ&feature=channel_video_title

@adamakary
Adam Makary
#BREAKING: Health ministry now says 353 people injured in yesterday's clashes outside the Israeli embassy in #Egypt #nakba #gaza

rago_legal Ragia Omran
Confirmed approx 150 protesters arrested yesterday frm #Israeliembassy are at Military Prison in Haykestap. No interrogation yet.#egyarmy

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Egypt highest military leader Tantawy's first public speech since Feb 11

http://www.skynews.com.au/politics/article.aspx?id=613927&vId=

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Candlelight vigil for Egyptian shot by army asks 'Why was Ramy killed?'

Mourners at a candlelight vigil are burdened with questions over how Ramy Fakhry was shot three times from behind by the Egyptian army, despite his family's satisfaction with the investigation

by Mohamed El Hebeishy, Ekram Ibrahim, Tuesday 17 May 2011

http://english.ahram.org.eg/~/NewsContent/1/64/12289/Egypt/Politics-/Candlelight-vigil-for-Egyptian-shot-by-army-asks-W.aspx

Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

quote:
Originally posted by tigerlily_misr:
Egypt highest military leader Tantawy's first public speech since Feb 11

http://www.skynews.com.au/politics/article.aspx?id=613927&vId=

He should never speak again. He's pathetic.
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At the rally last Tuesday to demand the release of our friend Tarek Shalaby, who was imprisoned along with hundreds of other civilians in the military base of "Haykestep" الهايكستب, for having peacefully protested on May 15th, we had a funny discussion:

What does "Haykestep" mean?

http://www.travellerwithin.com/2011/05/what-is-haykestep-huckstep.html?spref=tw

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
JFK award given to Egypt activist Wael Ghonim

http://news.ca.msn.com/world/jfk-awards-given-to-egypt-activist-us-advocate

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  ...  16  17  18  19  20  21   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com