EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Restructuring and Rebuilding Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Restructuring and Rebuilding Egypt
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There have been so many new and exciting things going on in Egypt, and this is just what, 10 days post Fall of Regime.

So many tasks to tackle and reforms being made, but personally, I feel it's all on the right track, and slowly but surely, attitudes of the past will change.

I am from the Alex area and have not heard too much about what is going on in this area, seems not much changing here at the moment. One observation I did make though, was an increased activity in building sites. Whether that is folks trying to finish up quickly before new laws are enacted, or else possibly a drop in material costs? Not sure. Also have not heard or read about any changes in government here.

What about your area? Any noticeable changes going on?

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A lot of building going on here too but to be fair a great deal of it was started pre-revolution, now there is an increased rush to finish it.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As deeply embedded as it was, I wonder when all these corruption charges will start trickling down to local levels.
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amoun over the moon
Member # 18587

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amoun over the moon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
folks, I've received this story in the email. It's really nice, thought I'd share it with you as it's relevant to building the new Egypt and how those who aren't physically there can still help.

-----------------------------------------------

An old man lived alone in a village. He wanted o spade his potato garden, but it was very hard work. His only son, who would have helped him, was in prison.
The old man wrote a letter to his son and mentioned his situation :

Dear Son,

I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won't be able to plant my potato garden this year. I hate to miss doing the garden, because
your mother always loved planting time. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. If you were here, all my troubles would be over. I know you would dig the plot for me, if you weren't in prison.

Love,
Dad

Shortly, the old man received this telegram: "For Heaven's sake, Dad, don't dig up the garden!! That's where I buried the GUNS!!"

At 4 a.m. the next morning, a dozen FBI agents and local police officers showed up and dug up the entire garden without finding any guns.
Confused, the old man wrote another note to his son telling him what happened, and asked him what to do next.

His son's reply was: "Go ahead and plant your potatoes, Dad. It's the best I could do for you from Here."

Moral Of the story :-

NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE IN THE WORLD, IF YOU HAVE DECIDED TO DO SOMETHING DEEP FROM YOUR HEART, YOU CAN DO IT !
IT IS THE THOUGHT THAT MATTERS.
NOT WHERE YOU ARE OR WHERE THE PERSON IS.....

Posts: 56 | From: Da moon | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

I read that one several years ago Amoun, it's still as charming as ever [Smile]

I will be curious to see if they make changes to the old rent law, possibly abolish it. But of course that is long down the road.

Amoun over the moon
Member # 18587

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amoun over the moon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:

I will be curious to see if they make changes to the old rent law, possibly abolish it. But of course that is long down the road.

I don't know, that's a tricky one Laura. The current law is unfair to owners, but on the other hand it will impact too many people if it's changed. No government had the courage to change it. The best approach was that taken by Ganzouri's goverment where he introduced the so called "New law".
I'm both a tenant (old unfair rent) and an owner as well (an old building with old rent). So I can see both sides of the argument!
(both the flat we live in and the old building we own, are my family's. I merely inherited them)

Posts: 56 | From: Da moon | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com