EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » BenQ Television

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BenQ Television
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought one of the flatscreens in early Jan. from Carrefour - Alex. It is now not working. I have searched for who services these and can only find Raya in Cairo. Called them and they said I have to take it to them in Cairo or else return it to Carrefour..DUH Carrefour in Alex is closed!

Anyone know of someplace else I can call to fix it, or replace it? Taking it to Cairo is impossible for me at this time.

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tareq
Member # 18033

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tareq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Are you sure that the electricity cable is well connected ?

Those TVs are difficult to stop working. They give you 3 years warranty because they are pretty sure It is 99.999 % without any error.

Posts: 277 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What happens is that lines start appearing through the screen, then the color starts to fade, and eventually the screen goes black and this horrible screaching noise begins. Won't even shut off with the remote, I have to unplug it from the wall. This usually occurs after it's been on for a couple of hours.
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tareq
Member # 18033

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tareq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is strange for me.
May be this due to electricity variation or excessive heat.
What model of Benq is the TV?

Posts: 277 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.benq.com/products/product_detail.cfm?product=1542
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cant u exchange it for another?

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tareq
Member # 18033

Rate Member
I looked up and there is no similar reported cases for the model MK2442 .

I tried to find benq egypt support website but the Benq site gives me an error message.

In this case, Try to find any TV shops near your place and ask the responsible person for place you can repair TV or a telephone number of a skilled worker that can repair it. I am sure You will be guided.

Tareq
Member # 18033

Rate Member
By the way, I have found this to be a service center for Benq

Egypt
International Business System
26 Gamal El-Din. Deweedar St. 8th district, Naser City
Cairo.
Ph.+20-2-6710343/5
Fax. +20-2-6700675

How about you call them and ask if there is a place in Alex for after sale support?

http://za.benq.com/page/?pageId=273

Laura
Member # 879

Well, my good news for the day. I called IBS and they referred me to Raya..lol. I spoke to the man again at Raya and said I needed to speak to a manager about this. To my unexpected and pleasant suprise, the manager called me back in less than 2 hours and said he will send a new tv by car to me within 3 days. GOD BLESS! [Smile]

@Tareq - Thanks for trying to help [Smile]

Tareq
Member # 18033

Rate Member
congratulations!
If It did not come in 3 days, I think you should Call them again..

Keep us updated of what happens

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carrefour Alex is reopened if it doesn't come!
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com