EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Living in Egypt and visiting other African countries

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Living in Egypt and visiting other African countries
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A question for expats and Egyptians;

Have you gone on holidays to other African countries? I mean mostly to the south. Sudan, Kenya etc. Is it cheap from Egypt and enjoyable? Do Egyptians find it appealing to travel there, are there visa issues? Or is it somewhat looked down upon?

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been to Morocco anthropos, adored it! My dream since I was a child, an African Safari...oh how I would LOVE to do that!
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to live in Ghana [Smile]

Cheap as chips and I have no clue how Egyptians feel about going there as I have not asked any [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AntonD1
Member # 16387

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AntonD1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's cheaper to fly to Europe from Egypt than most of the African countries .
Posts: 29 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is expensive to fly to other African countries from here as AntonD1 said. I think there are also visa restrictions too.

Apparently now though there are no visa requirements to Turkey for Egyptians, planning our hols [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately true flying from Cairo to any African city is costly. You have to be creative, and example is to fly from CAI to Addis Ababa, and then go over land from Addis to the border of Kenya, from there overland to Nairobi and make your way overland Uganda, Tanzania, etc. Just be prepared the road from border (Ethiopia/Kenya) to Nairobi at one time had bandit raids, buses, cars, etc traveled in convoys with armed guards. Think it's safe now, but just do your research.

Africa is not for everyone, personally I loved it. Kind people, very cheap beer (and I mean pennies), good food and just very exotic.

Bottom line if you were planning on flying from Cairo to a African capital for a week (for example), returning an then again to another African country, it will amount to a lot of money.

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How much does it cost to fly to Addis Ababa?
and how much to Turkey?

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com