EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Blueberry oil?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blueberry oil?
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does this stuff exist in Egypt? Am going to Kan el Khalili tomorrow and want to try and get some but not sure if it's available here.

Not blackberry or blackcherry or blackcurrant or anything else, must be BLUEberry (toot azraq)

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been in a shop on Faisal Street that sold oils but I really can't remember all the different ones they had. I'm sure you can find it somewhere, like most things, but it's just a matter of where. That's the challenge! [Big Grin]

Actually, just thought of something. Nefertari (or however it's spelled) shop has oils as well. The one I visited in Dokki near Alfa market had quite a selection, though I don't specifically remember blueberry. Might be worth a call.

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know, the ones Nefertari has do not seem so authentic for some reason, or they fade in their bottles or something. And they do almond, orange... the usual ones. There is a web site I found after hubby brought me a wonderful almond oil from a simple shop near souk here where they sell all kinds of natural things

http://www.el-captain.com/

but even they do not have blueberry... Otherwise a local supermarket here even carries some in their spices section, because they are used as food supplements, I think.

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Gdeeda:
Does this stuff exist in Egypt? Am going to Kan el Khalili tomorrow and want to try and get some but not sure if it's available here.

Not blackberry or blackcherry or blackcurrant or anything else, must be BLUEberry (toot azraq)

My parents come from the blueberry capital, Maine actually does commercial production not wild.

I've never heard of blueberry oil, but I wouldn't doubt it exists. Can you order this online with a UK credit card? Or have a friend bring over on the next visit?

I'd be concerned about purity of the product if isn't native to the region.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went to Kan El Khalili yesterday. Didn't see blueberry oil - but ended up buying some 'tutankamun' oil which I think is lotus because the two lads spent ages running round the kan trying to find me what I wanted.

I think I have to order it from the US or UK as you suggest Metinoot. I have seen blueberry seed oil online so will probably do that.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Went to Kan El Khalili yesterday. Didn't see blueberry oil - but ended up buying some 'tutankamun' oil which I think is lotus because the two lads spent ages running round the kan trying to find me what I wanted.

I think I have to order it from the US or UK as you suggest Metinoot. I have seen blueberry seed oil online so will probably do that.

OMG, I thought they were going to squeze oil out of a berry. Never thought of the seed, like flax seed.

I've got a cat dropping pee all over the apartment, and the pee has blood.

She's got a FLUTI or feline UTI from giving her MsM gloucosamine for the joints.

So watch out if you are taking anything for your joints. I will need to do so in a few short years, my knee pops in winter from long cycle rides.

I wonder what you can use "lotus oil" for?

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
My parents come from the blueberry capital, Maine

So is New Jersey.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I think I have to order it from the US or UK

http://hermitageoils.com/blueberry-seed-oil
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by tigerlily_misr:
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
My parents come from the blueberry capital, Maine

So is New Jersey.
My parents don't come from maine, and NewJersey is a toxic cesspool. Eat anything produced in NewJersey and you are asking for trouble.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com