EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Business Meeting / Seminar Rooms in Cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Business Meeting / Seminar Rooms in Cairo
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody have first hand info and feedback about any business meeting rooms that are available in Cairo and what they are like?

I am looking for a room that can seat 30 in a cabaret style and has the capability to host a PowerPoint presentation.

I would like to know estimates on prices too if anyone has any info. Also, feedback on the professionalism of the place if you can [Smile]

A lot to ask I know... but hey [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ask hotels in the area you want to be in. They have various room capacities. I imagine not too expensive at this time!
Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will email hotels if I do not receive any helpful info from people with any first hand knowledge.
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
try the 4 seasons.... [Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Sure, I will have an open bar and pay for the bill at the end of the day too [Wink]

Hotels get mixed reviews so I am looking for an independant venue. I have found a Training Centre but the room is not practical, I am hoping ES folk can help [Big Grin]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Sure, I will have an open bar and pay for the bill at the end of the day too [Wink]

Hotels get mixed reviews so I am looking for an independant venue. I have found a Training Centre but the room is not practical, I am hoping ES folk can help [Big Grin]

citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My company uses the Sonesta and Meridien both very professional. If you want something cheaper the military hotels are OK, there's one on Khalifa Al Mamoun
Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Citizen, do you have any specific info on these two hotels? Prices, opinion etc...

I am trying to avoid hotels like I said, if I cannot find an independant room I will go down the hotel route and I would start with sonesta and Meridien as they are the closest hotels to me.

Has your compant ever looked at any independant training rooms?

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Art House Zamalek.
also the Hub heliopolis.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Do you have any info on them Shanta? Isn't the Hub just a group to ask questions?

What is the Arthouse like?

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Hub is actually a building - have sent you a link on FB.
Art House has a room like a boardroom with projector and stuff. Not posh, but depends what you're looking for.
Will share you on FB if find link!

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Thanks SQ... If The Hub can provide what they advertise they look pretty good. It certainly gives me something to look at.

*like*

Again, thanks muchly.

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

PS what do you mean by 'cabaret style'?
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
http://www.conferenceculture.co.uk/layout_styles.htm

Seperate tables with the delegates facing the speaker.

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

ok right well the Art House room for hire is boardroom style.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Yeah, the room I found is boardroom style and it is one table that cannot be split.

The Hub looks ok but more like a project for people starting out... I have emailed them though and I will go take a look though if they look like they can assist.

Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can also try a virtual office in Cairo that also rent out meeting rooms. For those who are unfamiliar with virtual offices, they are offices with all the facilities but cost a fraction of the price of maintaining your own office. You choose a package according to your needs such as: number of days you want to have access to an office, meeting rooms, business phone number with receptionist answering your calls, business mail-box, business title in lobby. It's great to make an impression and great for those who only need an office several times a month. Alright enough blabbering, here's the link, call 'em up, tell them what you want and maybe they'll be able to accomdate you.

http://www.regus.com.eg/search/offices/centre/?CentreId=604

P.S Go get 'em!

Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never been there but I think I called them once to inquire.

http://keysgroupservices.com/egypt_office.htm#

Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Thanks ever so for all this info. I will look into them all and hopefully I will find the right room.

[Big Grin]

An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Here's one in a hotel Penny mentioned last year in a similar thread:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=019938;p=1#000003

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Cheers SQ. Did you find a room for yourself in the end?
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also very good and bit more upmarket:-

http://www.radissonblu.com/hotel-cairoheliopolis/meetings

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Cool, I will contact them all for estimates and see if I can go and visit some places [Smile]

Really trying to steer clear of the hotels though but if the private hire stuff isn't suffice then I can begin trawling the hotels.

I know that Fairmont have some nice rooms with excellent feedback... But feedback such as the Sofitel in Ma'adi has the noisiest AC that the speaker has to shout over it and it is either on freezing or off deter me [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com