EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » DST probably cancelled for this year!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DST probably cancelled for this year!
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like there will be NO Daylight Savings Time in Egypt this year. I am not 100% sure it's cancelled for the coming year, but pretty sure.

It was due to go forward at the end of next week.

http://www.almasryalyoum.com/en/node/407168

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like it's definite:

http://english.ahram.org.eg/News/10419.aspx

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LovedOne
Member # 10222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LovedOne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny, I was just coming here to ES to make a thread on the very subject!

Hubby told me today that they had canceled it, and not just for the year but permanently.

While I always thought it would be a good idea to cancel it, when I was thinking that I was thinking worldwide, not just a country here and a country there. When only a few countries do it, it's just confusing!

Still, nice not to have to worry about it. [Smile]

Posts: 1283 | From: Cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

I wouldn't like to say 'permanently', I'm guessing for around the next 7-10 years while Ramadan moves into the longest days!

I guess after that they will have another think, but unlikely to change.

I don't know why they do it these days. In the UK they used to blather on about agricultural workers but seeing as most people work in offices and shops these days and productivity probably (not researched, MHO based on observation) falls drastically for a week when the hour goes forward and everyone feels zomboid while their body adjusts, they should just abandon it.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com