EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Fox Series

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fox Series
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So how do I get it back then???
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
re scan, you will get them all and more, then you have to find where it is. [Big Grin] I need to do ours but don't watch that channel much.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have re-scanned and nothing [Frown] All it does is find the one that is no longer available.

Do I need the man to come back out?

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://foxme.tv/info/howtowatchen

http://www.foxme.tv/homeen

gives the frequency

good luck [Big Grin]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Yeah, I am gonna call 'the man' ...

I have looked at all that and have NO idea what to do.

[Big Grin] I am not even just being a dippy blonde, there are a few of us who have no clue... it has gone from OSN as well so I daren't monkey too much with the box or I may lose everything.

thanks though Ayisha... it looks like MBC may be the way to spend the weekend!

Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are all in the same boat CF; driven by dynamic apathy we all sat watching that thing along the bottom of the screen telling us we would have to change the frequency, and the new number ... yawn.
And we should have written it down, and restored it manually in 2 minutes.
[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I don't know how to change the frequency!

Pah, I am just going to get OSN and jack this rubbish off!

Between crap dongles and crap free tv I am just going to install proper TV and wifi and reduce my stress levels [Big Grin]

Decison made.

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Osn people will do the job CF, visit their boothe at City Stars, they have an affordable mini bouquet, look in here
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I am not on OSN at the minute though DZ... I know the kiosk you are talking about though.

I will get my Landlord to send the dude round until I can find time to sort a new TV package and internet out. Going by a friend of mine last week she waited in 3 nights running for the OSN guy to finally show up!

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fox is on frequency 11296 Horizontal, symbol rate 27500, Fec 5/6..I have it working now, they've announced it on the Fox movies newsbar.
If you rescan your box you'll probably find it, or then you can go to Menu, Installation, enter pin code 0000 OR 1234 OR 9999, then antenna setup and mark Nilesat then enter the transponder values I've put above manually if you can do that and I doubt.. [Razz]

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Ok, I followed your instructions and it won't allow me to change any of the info and on a rescan it found the old slot.

What am I doing wrong?

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
hahahaha I did it... and I have NO idea how [Smile] But my frequency reads different!!! 11294, so I will no doubt lose it again soon.

still, I feel I accomplished something as I have only ever used volume and channel on my remote [Big Grin]

Dexter
Member # 16952

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh CF please say you know how you did it !

I have also lost my fox series and have been trying to fix it for the past week while patiently waiting for my dish guy to turn up and of course he isn't turning up any time soon. Can it all be done by remote or does my dish actually have to be moved ?

I keep rescanning but fox series just isn't appearing in the list.

I did try Dzosser's instructions but that didn't work either. The only thing I can see is different from that website is that it mentions nilesat2 and my screen is saying nilesat1.

Any help is appreciated, I am really missing fox series, especially with MBC4 being a nonstop rerun Turkish soap opera channel now.

Posts: 62 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
There's no 'fox series' anymore its simply 'fox', input the frequency I've posted and there you are.

BTW, I've noticed that the majority of folks don't know how to handle their boxes further than the 'up' and 'down' functions.. [Frown]

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Nice patronism but some folk don't have any option to programme codes!

Next you will be telling me I can watch Fox in colour.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Dexter...

I re-scanned the box using the remote, I found Fox after a few days of trying and I didn't have to change any of the settings, not that I could anyway if I wanted to.

Hopefully your guy will come out and sort it for you.

BTW, if you are a registered British Club member you can get a 10% off OSN when paying anually. Just one of the perks.

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
Dexter...

I re-scanned the box using the remote, I found Fox after a few days of trying and I didn't have to change any of the settings, not that I could anyway if I wanted to.

I'm sure your receiver has a remote controller with the 'menu' function button, if you press that, the box will start to ask questions, one of which is to input a code of 4 numbers (usually 0000) just to make sure the person using the remote is an adult..I think this is where most folks freak out and dramatise matters, if they get past this stage then they should be more comfortable with their box, they'd be using their common sense I guess.. [Confused]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
comfortable with my box Dzosser [Razz]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Mick:
comfortable with my box Dzosser [Razz]

[Big Grin] [Wink]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
Dexter...

I'm sure your receiver has a remote controller with the 'menu' function button, if you press that, the box will start to ask questions, one of which is to input a code of 4 numbers (usually 0000) just to make sure the person using the remote is an adult..I think this is where most folks freak out and dramatise matters, if they get past this stage then they should be more comfortable with their box, they'd be using their common sense I guess.. [Confused]
Yes, after I input the pincode and go to all the scary stuff THERE IS NO OPTION change the frequencey.

Perhaps, just perhaps, yours is different from others and it makes no difference how much or how little common sense folk have if there IS NO OPTION to follow your guidelines.

I have successfully found Fox a different way as I stated way back up top... I must be OOZING common sense to figure it all out without using any suggestions that were offered [Big Grin]

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
CF, all up to date satellite receivers have the option of adding new frequencies, even the cheap Chinese ones that go for 120 EGP...what exactly are you using ? I'm starting to believe you're on a cable network and you don't know that yet. [Razz]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Oh ffs it doesn't matter, I sorted it out now!!!
Dexter
Member # 16952

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I thought I knew my box quite well, but obviously not !

I still don't have fox, the guy still hasn't turned up and I'm really missing it.

I thought I did know my box pretty well, but I changed everything I need to and nothing happens. Then I scan and nothing happens. There is one screen I go into which has a scan option but every time I hit OK, nothing happens. It won't let me scan.

If anyone out there could give a total box dummy step by step instructions, I would be extremely grateful.

And by the way, my box doesn't ask for a code .... should I be worried ? hehehehe.

Posts: 62 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
What's the brand of your receiver Dexter ?
Another hint is to sort your channels alphabetically, then find 'Fox' and try them all out to see if they're working.

popmartian
Member # 18838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for popmartian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just tried mucking about in the receiver setup, I guess it's different for different makes but maybe this will give people a rough idea (you'll have to go through the "MENU" button to "Installation", it asked me for a passcode and I just entered 0000). From here on proceed to "Manual TP Search" (or anything that looks like it'll let you manually configure a channel).

My setup is as follows:

Dish: NILESAT 101,102
Freq: 11296
Polarity: Horizontal
Symbol rate: 27500
Code rate: 5/6

Once these values were set, I just pressed "OK" to start scanning, and voila, FOX Series was added to the list of channels on NileSat (it is now the last channel I have on that dish).

Posts: 2 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter
Member # 16952

Rate Member
Hi Popmartian

Thanks for the above information, but it just doesn't work. I set all the values then press ok, it scans but nothing is coming up. The only difference I can see is where your dish says NILESAT 101,102 ....... I have Dish: 2Nilesat 101.

I will take another day off work tomorrow and sit and wait for the mohandes who never comes. Ahhhhh Fox series, it is becoming a vague memory.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Dexter, I went to my Mums last night to sort hers and not only do I not know the 4 digit code (set by previous tenant) I cannot receive CNN or MBC Max either! I have done re-scans and they aren't there.

AND... I could sort the channels no probs so I put them in the order of most used i.e. the 7 English ones first! No option to save lol... they all went back to their original slot. so I tried again thinking I must have missed something... nah!

You aren't missing much on Fox though, a new dubbed Arabic show is on twice a day now... hardly any shows left on. Just CSI and MasterChef... the latter being th reason we all wanted it back!

Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's any consolation, I haven't changed mine yet. But you should have your list of most used channels listed as 'favourites'. Ther should be an 'add to favourites' colour coded button along the bottom of the lists as you scan? i have about 18 Nilesat channels listed as favourites and quite hard to lose.
Hopeless. It's like trying to tell someone how to defuse a bomb over the telephone, haha, and my reciever is about 8 years old!

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I have the option to have 6 different lots of favourites, mine is all sorted [Smile] Mum's doesn't have this option...

This would be way more simple if there was just one generic box and therefore one generic answer lol. But it seems all boxes, options and commands differ.

Persevere dudes!!!

At least my system isn't as bad as it was 18 years ago when I could only watch what my landlady 2 floors up was watching which was mostly turkish wheel of fortune!

When she went on holiday she would flip to MTV and I would spent a week recording MTV to watch the rest of the time... There are certain songs that take me back to that time!!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com