EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Egyptian man drags and throws innocent dog off roof

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian man drags and throws innocent dog off roof
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8TxP__GG1g

Sick, sick people!!!!!!! [Mad]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tigerlily_misr:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8TxP__GG1g

Sick, sick people!!!!!!! [Mad]

I have to agree.

These sick f*cks. He's got a video phone, like many of the 25th of January protestors.

Can there be a petition started on FB and connect it to 25th of January pages?

This dog appears to be not a street variety dog, actually it appears to be the kind of dog that expats would leave behind.

Which is why I suggested the http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=print_topic;f=2;t=020191
Thread that expats sign onto an agreement for emergency preparedness of their pets when evacuating.

This is excellent video to support such legislation.

And who knows there is a good chance that the guys doing this were pro-Mubarak thugs.

I mean look at the suggested vids on the right sidebar.

Seriously expats consider bring your pets to Egypt in the first place. You are forced to evacuate and this could happen to your furkid!

The dog didn't even die, but multiple broken bones means a slow and agonizing death.

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://apps.facebook.com/petitions/351/justice-for-the-dog-that-was-thrown-off-a-roof-in-egypt-we-need-laws-to-protect-animals-and-punish/

For anyone who would like to sign.

Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Done! I wonder if any Egyptian business organization has created an alliance that supports the human treatment of animals and non-exploitation of children?

Seriously there should be a shopping guide of where to shop to support "free-trade" "non-exploitation of animals and child labors" kind of thing.

If pakistan and South/Central America can get this on the road why can't Egypt?

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. I know signing something probably doesn't seem a lot of point but If everyone did a difference can be made! Anne the elephant has now been re homed and the videos of her in her new surroundings are lovely. That is down to campaigns and petitions on FB!
I do hope that things will improve for the poor whether adult, child or animals wherever in the world.

Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
signed....i cant watch stuff like this...breaks my heart...i would like to take that ass and throw him off head first...the bastard [Mad]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Agree Micky as long as his death was not instantanious but slow and painful like the poor dog [Frown]
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
They pulled the video as I was getting ready to email US gov people in Cairo.

http://egypt.usembassy.gov/contact.html

Which email address do you folks suggest to contact and put some heat on US Embassy to organize a roundup of expat pets left behind so they don't suffer the same fate?

Whats the chance these boys are relatives of a ESer who advertises here for rent of his/her flats to expats?

Seriously when renting at flat from an Egyptian, does anyone discuss the "what if" of having to be emergency evacuated and leaving a pet behind?

I bet these boys were paid off by a bawab to do this.

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Hello Foreign Agricultural Service,

Whats the possibility of garnering support and organizing Emergency Rescue Team with ESMA http://esmaegypt.org/blog/ to find, house and repatriate pets left behind during emergency evacuation of Americans and other foreigners during the 25th of Jan protests?

Is this even something the US Embassy in Cairo is the wherewithall to get done? With hundreds of thousands of Americans based in Egypt there has got to be several thousand dogs and cats being tortured by punks at this moment:

http://cache-scale.appspot.com/c/www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8TxP__GG1g&has_verified=1

Thats the video that was taken down by youtube.com but you can imagine, a great mixed breed dog not growling or snarling, actually quite trusting of humans who throw the dog off the roof. The end of the video shows the dog bouncing on the pavement and taking a moment to realize he's hurt with multiple fractures. The dog didn't die instantly and possibly took several days to die.

This is being discussed on a few forums that concentrate on Egypt tourism. And I am willing to email as many Embassies based in Egypt as possible. Not receiving a response from the US Embassy, and not being issued a hint that something is being done could encourage other embassies to show the US how inhumane and irresponsible it chooses to be.

Signed,

Now thats my letter to the US Agriculture Foreign Service. Normally it handles animal related stuff and it could speed up the repatriation of animals back to their owners.

Anyone have Embassy contact email addresses, names and so forth? Wanna create pressure and get the media involved?

Seriously I have been looking over the last couple months to see if any of the Embassies based in Egypt are going to do anything for these poor animals. Not a word in the press!

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
http://www.facebook.com/esma.egypt#!/photo.php?fbid=205040699527255&set=a.124609160903743.13188.121866407844685&type=1&theater

kinda difficult to read but they went and found who did this. Attempted to rescue two other dogs, one of which had broken legs.

These "teens" were collecting dogs in order to throw them off the roof. It wasn't a one time abuse/murder, its an ongoing crime.

Amen Memes is the culprit or at least the one who video'd the scene.

SOB!

young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
I read this yesterday and it is clear that they were collecting dogs for this purpose [Mad]
One dog bolted when the door was opened and the one with the broken legs was going no where. Were they being abused inside the apartment? It looks like it! They clearly have psychological problems, laughing while they did it and then posting it on Youtube! Words fail me to be honest!
If anyone can post links that I can e mail and help please do so.

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't watch things like this. I know you shouldn't turn away but I just don't have the stomach.

Hope they get what they deserve [Frown]

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Monkey: I watch through my fingers a lot of the time! But I force myself because it makes me do something about it, as I get so angry [Mad] Then I give my (false) collie a big hug [Big Grin]
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
ESMA 'Egyptian Society for Mercy to Animals'
we have filed a report at the police station. The police are now sending to get the boys that murdered the dogs....we are waiting and will keep you posted.
Post on FB.
Hopefully a positive outcome.

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
ESMA 'Egyptian Society for Mercy to Animals'
we have filed a report at the police station. The police are now sending to get the boys that murdered the dogs....we are waiting and will keep you posted.
Post on FB.
Hopefully a positive outcome.

Nadia's on the loose, taking names, filing reports and kicking ass! [Big Grin]
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good on you Y@H for doing something about it - I honestly wouldn't know the first place to start but that sounds like a result.
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Oh I didn't do anything apart from sign the petition Monkey [Frown]
The post was from ESMA on my wall. Since then another post says they have got one of the guys. So all looking good.
I have been doing alot of emailing and letter writing regarding the banning of animals in circuses though [Smile]

Dubai Girl
Member # 15488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dubai Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a friend of my on who is living in Dubai posted a picture last week on FB of a cat, and some evil person has poured apparently poured something like acid all over its face and its face had literally melted off, it was just flesh, i i dont know how it was still alive (they had it put to sleep) I can't look at any of these videos because I couldnt get the image of that poor cat's face out of my mind and i still cant.

Plenty of people leave their pets behind, there is a big problem with it in UAE and these people arent leaving in emergencies, they just cant be bothered or don't care enough what happens to these animals after they leave. We spent money we could barely afford to get our dog over from Dubai to here, the flight alone was $1000 and then another $2000 with all the other fees you have to pay. but it was our choice to get a dog and I couldnt live with myself if i left her behind

Posts: 500 | From: United Arab Emirates | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com