EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Watch Royal Wedding live on MBC4 on Friday

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Watch Royal Wedding live on MBC4 on Friday
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those who want to watch it in Egypt (not me! I shall be elsewhere!) and have got MBC4:

Friday, 11am EGYPT time:

"THE ROYAL WEDDING

Direct the proceedings of the royal wedding of Prince "William" and his wife Kate Middleton"

And no, don't ask me why they put "William" in quotation marks!

http://www.mbc.net/portal/site/mbc-en/menuitem.6a2c0f178707e7c8b8722f14480210a0/?vgnextoid=85fdb3b9e34f2110VgnVCM1000008420010aRCRD&stime=1304024400000&sday=6&mbctimezone=f18934c83 7cc1110VgnVCM1000008420010aRCRD

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understood CNN also covers live, though have no idea can they really break their normal programming so? Trying to remember ingredients of a suitable celebrational brunch. Strawberries&cream for sure, or perhaps ice cream, but for the salty part??? White wine will be unattainable, too [Frown] .

Also trying to convince my in-laws it is indeed the prince of ENGLAND who marries (they were not so sure who this William is who they've heard is about to marry) [Big Grin]

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's Prince William of Wales, son of Prince of Wales (and the late Saint Diana of Harrods -- oops I mean Diana, Princess of Wales), grandson of the Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, Barbados, the Bahamas, Grenada, Papua New Guinea, the Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Belize, Antigua and Barbuda, and Saint Kitts and Nevis.

The most important bit really is that he is very likely - barring accidents - to be King of England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and all the other countries listed above at some point in the probably not too distant future.

His father is the heir to the throne, but given his age and given that the Queen shows no interest in abdicating, Charles' reign will be short-lived.

A few bags of chipsys should sort the salty part?

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The late Saint Diana of Harrods. Love it [Big Grin]
Where the heck is Tuvalu??? ... and are they having a street party?? [Wink]

Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I mentioned in another thread a few hours back a young lad I know at a German school here has been taught the Queen died ages ago and Charles is the King!

I despair!

Pimms in all the expat venues and some are having a prize for the best hat and gloves...

I like Wills, he supports Aston Villa.. say no more [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Ah you just reminded me that I was having a dispute with someone earlier about whether or not Larry Hagman (J R Ewing) was dead. Off to google...

... yep! Still alive [Smile]

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.usmagazine.com/stylebeauty/photos/10-wedding-dresses-wed-love-to-see-on-kate-middleton-2011224/14254
my favorite #1...whats is yours?

Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Gdeeda:
Ah you just reminded me that I was having a dispute with someone earlier about whether or not Larry Hagman (J R Ewing) was dead. Off to google...

... yep! Still alive [Smile]

He's in Desperate Housewives - right in front of me now - so I hope he hasn't croaked it, or I should be worried [Smile]

I hope the wedding dress isn't too fru-fru. No more meringues, purlease. She's a pretty snappy dresser though so I reckon it'll be nice.

Errr... not that I'm really that interested, honest [Wink]

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't believe the amount of people camping out [Confused] Dafties [Big Grin]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nevermind
Member # 6674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nevermind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canada? Seriously, I had totally forgotten. Don't they have any guts up there? Or that's what welfare does - in the end you let anyone sit on you interminably because you're too nice for saying anything [Razz] .

Got my menu fixed:

Fuul mini-rolls in oven-baked fellahin bread
Bean-and-garlic patties with fresh local herbs a la Masri
Canapes babaganouh with sun ripened tomatoes
Pommes frittes prepared in huile de corn
Creme des lentilles (served in tiny shot glasses). If I can find tiny shot glasses.

finally, chai baladi avec trois sucres, to finish off with

About dress: of course it should be meringue! You have all other occasions in life to show off sleeky things. But No. 2 quite appealed [Smile] .

Posts: 1051 | From: Menoufeya | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there's quite a few street parties round our way. One has a band, and "worm charming" [Eek!]

Well that's me sorted. We know how to party down here [Smile]

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NOT INTERESTED WHAT SO EVER.i will be happily at the dentist. for some god forsakin reason my mom wants to watch the wedding...

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will def watch the royal wedding. I've always been very fond of his mom Lady Di. My first born son was born on Prince William's 18th birthday. Had to convince the doc a little to give me the c-section on that very same day (which is also first day of summer) - and it worked. [Wink]

Congrats to William and Kate. Hope the couple will have a magical wedding ceremony tomorrow. [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Iam not even going into london tomorrow, we will stay at home and watch it on the tv.

2 million people or more are expected to hit london streets tomorrow.

This wedding is bigger than charles's and diana's wedding.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
@ Monkey : Worm charming [Confused] Now you definately know how to live lol!
There is nothing happening here at all. As I said on the other post not much interest here.
Going up to my friend's as she has decided I need to endure sorry watch it with her and some other poor souls [Big Grin]
She normally throws a good 'do' though!

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Shanta Gdeeda:

And no, don't ask me why they put "William" in quotation marks!

Probably for the same reason they put each and everything in brackets. [Razz]

Why anyone would want to watch a wedding of people they don't even know is completely beyond me …

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D_Oro
Member # 17954

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for D_Oro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw clips of the wedding. The bride was beautiful and the couple seems very happy.

They showed clips of Diana's wedding as well. She was like a real fairy tale princes but very sad. Now knowing the history it's easy to see the contrast with the new couple marrying for love and Charles and Di marrying for duty.

ps. Would one of you British ladies please explain this to me? [Big Grin]

Posts: 770 | From: www.cafepress.com/tahrir_square | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Johann Hari: Frenzy around Britain’s Royal Wedding "Should Embarrass Us All"

http://www.democracynow.org/2011/4/29/johann_hari_frenzy_around_britains_royal

Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhhhh..... the balcony kiss!!

http://news1.ghananation.com/thumbnail.php?file=image/Prince_William_Kate_367468538.jpg&size=article_medium

What a beautiful day for the British royals and for all British people in general!!!

It was the first time that my 6 year old adopted daughter saw a prince from the 'real' world getting married - until know she just saw the ones in the animated Walt Disney movies. [Wink]

And I said to my oldest daughter that this is an historical day. We gonna sit in 30 years together and will remember the day. Most likely Prince William's son or daughter will get married then.

It's nice that Britain still has a monarchy which is loved and respected by its own people. It's indeed interesting to realize that Prince William chose to marry a non-royal bride and yes they have been together for 8 years so they know both what they are getting.

All the best to Prince William & Kate. [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *Dalia*:

Why anyone would want to watch a wedding of people they don't even know is completely beyond me …

Hey PARTY POOPER, this is the right thread for you:

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=003467

Well well we've got some really miserable souls on here.

Why commenting on a thread - especially this one which involves a wedding - when you have nothing nice to say at all anyway?

Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tigerlily_misr:

Why commenting on a thread when you have nothing nice to say at all anyway?

If you applied that rule you would never speak or write again. Never.
Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by this:
quote:

Oh another party pooper. Another person who tries to spoil the fun on this thread.

Any more out there? Speak up now or forever hold your peace. [Big Grin]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Prince William and Kate Middleton had a Disney fairytale wedding

By Coleen Nolan, Daily Mirror 30/04/2011

I HAVE just got back from a fairy-tale wedding – straight out of a Disney film.

I may have been sitting in my front room at home, but it couldn’t have been more exciting if I had a front row seat in the Abbey.

My blubbing began when William and Harry turned up, looking just like Disney princes.

She was just so beautiful, so confident and clearly happy to be there.

I’ve watched a few royal weddings over the years, but this was a hands-down winner.

By the time William turned to Kate at the altar and said: “You look beautiful”, the blubbing had dissolved into full-on sobs.

On anyone’s wedding day, there is so much joy and emotion that there isn’t much time for thinking about the days ahead.

But it’s inevitable Kate and William will face hard times, as do all newlyweds, particularly as their every move will be scrutinised.

My advice to any young couple starting out in marriage is the same – be honest, keep talking and most importantly, keep laughing.

Kate grew up in a close, loving family and her parents have managed to sustain a strong ­relationship after decades together.

She will have learnt so much from that. She’s also bright, confident and is not going to be pushed around – and her husband adores her.

William and Kate’s wedding was full of love and I feel certain this will carry them through ­whatever the future throws at them.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/04/30/prince-william-and-kate-middleton-had-a-disney-fairytale-wedding-115875-23095847/

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Gulf Arab press ignores British royal kiss

BY AGENCE FRANCE PRESSE

DUBAI, Apr 30 - Gulf newspapers on Saturday gave front-page coverage to the glittering royal wedding in London, but also left out the crowd-thrilling moment when Prince William kissed his wife Kate.

The privately run Al-Khaleej, published in Sharjah, did not give front page treatment to Briton's royals, instead putting them on page 36 to share space with a story on the woes of Venice and flood control.

The Dubai-based Arabic-language Al-Bayan front-paged a postcard-size picture of the newlyweds riding in their carriage and devoted three quarters of page 33 to more coverage, but the iconic kiss was noticeably absent.

English-language dailies in the United Arab Emirates had more of the nuptials and carried big pictures of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on the front pages, but the public show of affection was consigned to the inside.

The UAE is seen as liberal compared with the ultra-conservative Saudi Arabia and some of the other neighbours, but the display of affection in public is not encouraged.

Some of the 100,000 Dubai-based British expatriates were seen partying away into the night on Friday after watching the royal wedding on giant screens set up at almost every bar and restaurant frequented by foreigners.

However, local celebrations were muted.

At a bar in the fashionable Walk area in Dubai, hotel staff were taking down Union Jack decorations with photos of the royal couple even before the last remaining party-goers left.

One party organiser said on Friday that the political violence in the Middle East had not affected the party mood in the UAE which remained insulated from regional troubles.

In the run-up to the wedding, Gulf newspapers were lukewarm in their coverage. Not a single Arabic-language newspaper published in Dubai had a story about the royal wedding on the front page on Friday.

http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/World/Gulf-Arab-press-ignores-British-royal-kiss-12596.html

Ramses nemesis
Member # 4125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramses nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by this:
quote:

Oh another party pooper. Another person who tries to spoil the fun on this thread.

Any more out there? Speak up now or forever hold your peace. [Big Grin]

LOL, I'll have to agree with you on this one TL (but only this time, don't make a habbit of it [Big Grin] ).
It was a beautiful day, a beautifulc down to earth couple. The whole atmosphere was cheerful, and you could feel that people genuinely loved the couple.
I couldn't help but compare that with the sons of our own "monarchs". HRH Prince Gamal Mubarak, HRH Prince Saif el-Qaddafi (who's bombing his people, or rather his dad's slaves, as we speak), Their royal highnesses the late princeses Uday and Kussay of Iraq, etc. The reason I mention the latter two is because I was with Iraqi friends last night and they were telling me how one of them was at Uni the same time as Uday was and how they used to prevent people from entering the building when he was there unless they absolutely needed to, and they would have to give their id and take it back on leaving. Compare that with William and how he used to live in student housing during his first year at Uni and then rent a flat-share with others (including Kate) in later years. In fairness though, a few years ago I met someone who used to study at St. Andrews at the same time, and they said that he had two body guards with him when he went out clubbing. Don't know how true this is, but it's not inconcievable.

Back to yesterday though, I couldn't help but feel that people were longing for something cheerful, something to be genuinely happy about, something that unite them. I also couldn't help but get an inkling, just a very slight one, that people are longing for the old-fashioned way of marriage, the church and the prince, etc. Just a thought, please ignore it if you're offended.

Posts: 444 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are right RN... the British people have been longing for something to be happy about.

I understand why some people are not interested in the UK about the wedding but hey, they got an extra day off with full pay so that should at least please them.

The extended 4 day bank holiday has cost the economy approx £5bn.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roberto1977
Member # 18784

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for roberto1977     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i watched some of it on Nile tv but i missed the bit where they kissed. Did egyptian terrestrial tv show the wedding and die they show the kiss bit or did they censor it?

I don't watch much telly here.

Posts: 9 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
There's not many clubs in St Andrews RM but he was seen round the local pubs. It is a small place but he did seem to get the privacy the palace asked for.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com