EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Skype 'In' or Skype online number

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Skype 'In' or Skype online number
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone any advice on this? Can I get a UK phone number that callers can call at local rates and I answer on Skype?
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
again
Member # 18804

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for again     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have had it for 2 years and love it. It's also best to fund it with a little money so you can call other landlines or mobiles at reasonable rates if you need to {my number is in US so anyone can call my number at local rates; I also have free calls to US and Canada included in the subscription fee for my Skype number, so it costs me nothing to call any number in North America; but sometimes I need to call Egypt and that costs 17 cents per minute so I need a little money to do that}.

I say do it. It's inexpensive and there's almost no downside unless internet is not working - for that or for when you're away from your computer, there's Skype voice mail. If you don't like it you can cancel.

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! I did manage to look around it a bit more yesterday, don't know why but I find Skype site VERY difficult to find stuff, but eventually I did.

Subscription for UK mobiles is wayyy expensive and the folks I'm calling don't have landlines so that's out, but I'm still going for the Skype IN as I need a UK phone number and they will be able to call me cheaper too. I already have Skype pay as you go so that will do for now.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com