EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Two Truths and a Lie (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Two Truths and a Lie
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
1- I can read and write Chinese.

2- I can read and write Japanese.

3- I can read and write both Chinese and Japanese. [Big Grin]

1,2,3,,pure lies [Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say 3 for DZ too... it rhymes. And this is my new logic to guessing [Big Grin]
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well for those of you who guessed that #2 was a lie - you were right. I was never a cheerleader in High School. I never played any sports at all.

But for TL here is the Paul McCartney story: It was the summer of 1979 and my parents and I were just about to head home from our summer vacation in Montauk, Long Island. We saw a fudge shop within a few minutes of leaving the hotel and decided to stop and get some fudge. Inside the fudge shop was Paul McCartney, his wife Linda, and baby James who was a toddler of about 2 at the time. Linda was holding the baby propped up on the counter and was chatting away with the person working behind the counter. My parents approached Paul and struck up a conversation with him. So there I stood for about a half hour next to Paul, Linda and James McCartney and the funny thing is at my age of 12 I really did not fully appreciate the importance of that. I actually had heard of the Beatles as well as Paul's new group - Wings, but quite honestly I had no idea I was standing next to a legend. I amused myself watching the baby try to grab stuff from the counter. Eventually, we bought some boxes of fudge and Paul autographed the top of the boxes for us. After we got home and ate the fudge, I carefully cut the box tops off and preserved them in a box in my room that I kept all my hidden treasures in. When I moved from my parents house this box was left behind. I don't know what ever became of the box. Of course, in 1979 there was no way to have known that one day in the future we would have E-BAY and those box tops would be able to fetch a small fortune. If I only knew then what I know now.

And as for #3 - being in a movie...I had a small non-speaking role in an NYU student project film.

Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
@ dzosser, #3, as in all 3 [Big Grin]

I agree.

QSY that's a cool story. It's sad about the box and whoever found it might have made a few quid, but they won't have the memory eh [Smile]

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops Just realised I never gave my answer [Razz]

Well congratulations to Micky: You win [Big Grin]

When I was younger I was asked by a guy in the pub who was practising to be a magician if I would be his assistant as he needed to practise his cutting someone in half [Eek!] Needless to say I declined [Big Grin]

I did have a magazine article printed about my job when I was not long out of college.

So for all you doubters. Yes I did score a hole in one at St Andrews...... on the the pitch and put [Razz]

Nowhere in my statement did I say I scored a hole in one at the world famous golf course [Big Grin]

Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah I feel cheated now [Razz]
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by young at heart:
Oops Just realised I never gave my answer [Razz]

Well congratulations to Micky: You win [Big Grin]

When I was younger I was asked by a guy in the pub who was practising to be a magician if I would be his assistant as he needed to practise his cutting someone in half [Eek!] Needless to say I declined [Big Grin]

I did have a magazine article printed about my job when I was not long out of college.

So for all you doubters. Yes I did score a hole in one at St Andrews...... on the the pitch and put [Razz]

Nowhere in my statement did I say I scored a hole in one at the world famous golf course [Big Grin]

[Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
simpalm
Member # 22025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for simpalm   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting such a topic and playing Mo. I guess the answer is 2?
Source: Simpalm.com

--------------------
Simpalm
Mobile app development
http://www.simpalm.com

Posts: 3 | From: Silver spring | Registered: Sep 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spacecece
Banned
Member # 22815

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for spacecece     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for posting. [Smile]

คำสุภาษิต

Posts: 5 | From: Thailand | Registered: Aug 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spacecece
Banned
Member # 22815

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for spacecece     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like these kinds of threads, and have been tempted to make some of my own. [Wink] [Wink]
Thanks for the info. [Smile] [Cool]

ศัลยกรรม

Posts: 5 | From: Thailand | Registered: Aug 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spacecece
Banned
Member # 22815

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for spacecece     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blindfolded quad biking only happens in Agamy in August.

รองเท้ากีฬา น่ารู้

APS Group
GM
Member # 22834

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for APS Group   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi, I am newer

--------------------
APS GROUP

Posts: 1 | From: SHANGHAI | Registered: Sep 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com