EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Paypal in Egypt?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paypal in Egypt?
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/egypt-expat-forum-expats-living-egypt/79182-paypal-egypt.html

Has anyone tried it before?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you'd have to have a bank account registered to an address outside of Egypt. Far as I know Paypal hasn't got there yet.

They're probably talking about being able to get it shipped to an address other than their confirmed Paypal address.

Be happy to be proven wrong though. It would be about time Paypal opened up over there, but there again I'm not sure ebay would be popular beyond the expats.

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its an expat forum so the account attached to paypal will be outside Egypt. Yes you can buy from ebay and use paypal while living here I do it all the time, but yes I did have probs in the beginning but now all my uk accounts know where I am and accept it. Did recently have a 24 hour wait for something due to my paypal being registered to UK and my phone number and me being in Egypt, but was sorted quickly once it was explained.

You cannot sign up for paypal with an Egyptian bank account though.

If you let banks etc know you're going to be outside the country then there is no problem, they just think it's someone hacking the account if you don't.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Affirmative Ayisha and Monkey. Expats use theirs here, I don't as I cocked mine up... long story [Smile]

It is the Egy Bank account and the registered address that are the issues, not the country it was originally set up in.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love my pay pal...

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com