EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Egypt to open Rafah border permanently

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egypt to open Rafah border permanently
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2011/05/2011525174117897741.html

What will this mean for Egypt? I am concerned that many Palestinians will try to immigrate to there and make matters worse for the Egyptians who have enough problems going on themselves right now.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There will still be passport control. It just means Gazans are no longer in an open-air prison
Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I know but this got me thinking:

"It will allow basically all women to leave Gaza, also children under the age of 18 years will be allowed to leave, as well as men over the age of 40 years. However, those between the ages of 18 and 40 years will require an Egyptian visa," she said. "Visas would have to come from Ramallah. Sources in Hamas say they have been told by the Egyptian authorities over the last few weeks that they [Egyptians] do intend to open some sort of representative office inside Gaza, so that people can get the visa from there."

I believe this is going to be big security issue. I mean Palestinians are able to smuggle all kind of goods and weapons for Hamas - often with the help of Egyptians - through the tunnels (and how many Egyptian border patrols are pro-Palestine anyway) so why this case should be any different?. How difficult can it be to get an Egyptian visa for these people and then stay permanently stay in Egypt. There is not check and balance in all the chaos.

On another note: I don't want to think about what the opening of the Rafah border means for Israel....

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did it never occur to you TL, that maybe Egyptian Border Guards operating as security/prison guards for Israel was kinda inappropriate?
Why the hell would they not feel sympathy for Palestinians in Gaza? Most of the civilised world certainly does. Few normal people could not feel compassion for the Gazans and all they have been suffering.
As for what that means for Israel ... go post on the JP and ask them, offer your sympathy.
"..these people.."
Sheesh.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Commendable, Civil and Humane. Hopefully this will help alleviate some of the suffering that Gazans endure on a daily basis.
Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com