EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » WTF!!! Is this the norm on Egyptian Schools? Abusive teacher (video)!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WTF!!! Is this the norm on Egyptian Schools? Abusive teacher (video)!!!!
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abusive teacher video prompts general prosecutor to order his arrest

A video of a teacher in Egypt hitting and rough-handling his very young pupils, one by one, prompts the general prosecutor to order his arrest

Ahram Online, Wednesday 25 May 2011

The General Prosecutor has ordered the arrest of a primary school teacher who was filmed hitting and insulting his young students one by one.

In the video, which was posted on YouTube, a school teacher in the Egyptian city of Kafr Shukr in the governorate of Gharbiya sits at a desk with young children lined up to turn in their homework. As they reach him and open their notebook, the teacher glances over it and within seconds grabbed the student and hit them with a ruler on different parts of their body and the girls he would pull their hair and hit them.

During the video, the very young students cowered in terror, screaming and crying. There was the sound of laughter, allegedly from person who filmed the video. Three other people were seen in the room.

http://ht.ly/1cRngk

[Mad] [Frown]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bump...

No comment? Not important? Things you don't want to see on here???

Well at least the Egyptians are shocked.

The teacher has been identified as Magdi el-Shaar and the first hearing session of his trial was set for May 28.

"Beating and corporal punishment are the best means for disciplining children specially after the January 25 revolt," el-Shaar told the prosecutors"

http://213.158.162.45/~egyptian/index.php?action=news&id=18564&title=‘Abusive’ teacher put on trial

IMHO this teacher abused students throughout his whole career.

"Though corporal punishment was banned by ministerial decree 591 issued in 1998 it remains common practice in state schools where hugely overcrowded classrooms have resulted in growing discipline problems."

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=41639903298

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the norm in public schools right across the country. That was not all that bad as some teachers beat their students till they can't walk.
Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is more than shameful and sad. My heart breaks looking at these images. Egyptian children who get beaten up in school by their teachers will become traumatized und will suffer next to physical pain (which will go away) from psychological pain (which won't go away). They can become emotionally damaged and develop a strong fear of school, when getting educated and socialize with other children should be fun. How can anyway say they care about these children but then beating them up????

These children are the future of the country and need to be protected. I hope the government will take much greater control of this wrongdoing. Report every single person who acts out on children and prosecute them. They don't deserve to be teachers or even near any children. The same goes for people who knowingly see abusive but turn a blind eye to it.

I can't imagine having any of my children going off to school knowing they might get physically punished today by one of their teachers. [Frown]

Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tigerlily_misr:

I can't imagine having any of my children going off to school knowing they might get physically punished today by one of their teachers. [Frown]

That's the problem. Most and yes I say most parents accept a degree of punishment as they do the same to their kids. The stuff in the video is quite tame and accepted by most. Most children fear their teachers and hate schools for that reason. There's a lot to be changed and it will take generations.
Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it's the norm. That's why we had the revolution, to fix the crap education system among other things. The last Minister of Education under Mubarak, Ahmed Zaki Badr, actually said it was acceptable to beat kids, flouting the unapplied law.

Violence is common in Egyptian society, in families, schools, workplaces and police stations of course. Hopefully this revolution will solve the social problems that create and perpetuate violence.

Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by citizen:
Yes, it's the norm. That's why we had the revolution, to fix the crap education system among other things. The last Minister of Education under Mubarak, Ahmed Zaki Badr, actually said it was acceptable to beat kids, flouting the unapplied law.

Violence is common in Egyptian society, in families, schools, workplaces and police stations of course. Hopefully this revolution will solve the social problems that create and perpetuate violence.

Many of babuMu's cabinet flouted the law and affirmed so called "traditional" negative habits/conduct.

Only with the NDP out of the way could removal of this type of teacher happen.

What bothers me is this guy appears to be pushing 50. Plenty of older teachers haven't been taught the newer circulumn which disapproves this type of 'instruction'. And this is the generation that didn't even have to do a two years teacher's college training.

Notice how every kid is getting hit despite the teacher not even looking at the homework. This is the type of dude who would intimidate even fellow teachers and school masters.

Also notice how 1.17mins in the person taking the video tells the teacher "khalas", in otherwords "enough".

2.08mins in he goes after a very cute little girl poking her in the chest with the ruler. It seems to me that whenever I hear about a teacher that physically abuses, sexual abuse is probable. I wonder who he has hurt in another matter besides hitting? Possibly castration, could curb him when he's out of a job; keep the neighborhood safer too.

I know a few public school teachers who did this type of instruction, more correctly discipline. And the parents wanted him out, passionately. So the teacher instead spent the next few semesters sitting in the hallway while the middle school boys raged in the classroom. Several older teachers did this in protest.

What was strange is some of the "leaders" in the classroom went about to teach the circulumn for the other students anyhow. Their older siblings tutored them outside of the classrom, therefore they had a clue.

Alot of older teachers have been moved out of the classroom in public schools. Private schools promise parents that corporal punish won't be used, and private school teachers know they will be fired.

In Quranic schools is often touted that corporal punishment is a "christian" policy "spare the rod, spoil the child" is the verse and therefore unIslamic. Hurrah for the Muslim Brotherhood! there are huge advantages of Quranic school over public schools.

Toward the end the teacher starts hitting more and harder; kids refuse to go near him in fear. The teacher would probably flunk the student if the child didn't take a hit. It seems the teacher is immensely enjoying himself.

It could be the persons taking the video is laughing because they are uncomfortable. Its an old fear to them and its embarrasing to watch a new generation endure that type of abuse.

Also the old man in the galabiya was rebuking the teacher. The woman in the niquib wasn't happy with it either.

The girls refused to be hit, the boys seemed to take it. It shows me what I have been told over and over again; girls are hit far less than boys. Its also been stated to me, that when you are cruel to your daughter they grow up meaner and far more physically abusive towards family and total strangers than sons. Unfortunately its true in all cultures, and I know some very mean abusive women via work that admited to being physically abused.

I was just waiting for a child to bite the teacher. I know I would have, and remember one teacher in grade school that physically punished a couple of boys. One of which bite him in the groin. Yes the teacher was gone that same week, after the boy's parents filed a police report.

There are so many young college graduates who have the newer teaching degrees that could be hired in to replace abusive older illtrained teachers.

Hiring some "parents" to be room monitors would work wonders, thats if the parents chose not to practice physical punishment. Believe me nothing freaks you out more than the most socially connected mother or father in a classroom or field trip setting to report back to your parents.

Personally I hope this teacher burns in hell for all eternity. [Mad]

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwwvv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'It's the revolution's fault': Egyptian teacher arrested after shocking footage shows him beating terrified children

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1391439/Egyptian-teacher-arrested-shocking-footage-shows-beating-terrified-children.html#ixzz1QdBJITZU

The master, Magdi el-Shaar, who teaches in Kafr Shukr in Gharbiya state, is shown viciously pulling hair and whipping students with a ruler.
The young children, who could be as young as five, cry and recoil at the pain administered by el-Shaar, who insists that he was driven to his actions as the January revolution had caused the pupils to became indisciplined

As his tiny students line up to have their homework marked, he orders them over to his desk, barks at them in Arabic and then smacks them - on the hand, or back of the neck - with a wooden ruler.

On occasion - particularly with the female students - he grabs them, pulling hair and physically beating them.
One girl dressed in pink comes in for particular sick punishment as the man repeatedly hits her and pulls her hair.

At times the teacher appears to be smiling, and the people being the camera filming can be heard sniggering from time to time.

The video appeared on the Internet earlier this month and sparked worldwide outrage, which in turn led to el-Shaar's arrest.

And when the horrific video finally finishes, the camera pans round to reveal two more adults, including a woman wearing a burkha, who are in the room who have been watching the whole scene.
Thousands of people have watched the outrageous video and, according to Egyptian broadcaster Al-Ahram, the teacher was captured by police officers.

El-Shaar allegedly told prosecutors: 'Beating and corporal punishment are the best means for disciplining children specially after the January 25 revolt.'
Egypt's school system is notorious for teachers using physical violence in classrooms.
In 2008, a teacher was arrested in the coastal city of Alexandria after allegedly beating a student with a ruler and then punching him in the stomach.
The young boy's punishment, reportedly for not doing his homework, caused heart failure and eventually led to his death.

Posts: 1365 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

قررت محكمة جنح زفتي برئاسة المستشار محمود عياد الإفراج عن مجدي عطية محمد الشاعر مدير إحدي دور الحضانة والمعروف بالمدرس الشرس صاحب فيديو ضرب الأطفال بوحشية بأحدى الحضانات، بعد أن حكمت المحكمة بتغريمه 200 جنيه عن التهمة الأولى الموجهة له باستخدام القسوة ضد الأطفال، و2000 جنيه عن التهمة الثانية وهي تعريض الأطفال للخطر، و50 جنيها عن التهمة الثالثة وهي ضرب الأطفال مع إيقاف العقوبة لمدة 3 سنوات.

وكان النائب العام المصري المستشار عبد المجيد محمود قد أمر بإحالة المدرس صاحب مقطع الفيديو المعروف بـ “المدرس الشرس”، والذي تم تداوله بكثافة خلال الأيام الماضية على مواقع “يوتيوب” و”فيس بوك” و”تويتر”.

وكانت النيابة قد وجهت للمتهم تهمة الإيذاء البدني لأطفال الحضانة، فضلاً عن مخالفة اشتراطات الترخيص المعمول بها ضمن اللوائح المنظمة لعمل حضانات الأطفال

The judge in this case should be executed.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by this:
quote:
Originally posted by tigerlily_misr:

That's the problem. Most and yes I say most parents accept a degree of punishment as they do the same to their kids. The stuff in the video is quite tame and accepted by most. Most children fear their teachers and hate schools for that reason. There's a lot to be changed and it will take generations.
This and Citizen are correct, it is the norm, kids do fear their teachers and hopefully n ow the world is watching things will change.

I have seen Special Needs kids being hung on coat hooks and being hit wih metal instruments, I have threatened to get the police involved after watching children being beaten and force fed... thankfully I got one woman fired. Now feel free to bang on as always about how us Westerners come here and take the locals jobs!!!! Hey feckin ho...

I found her reasoning for being a bully was becasue her husband bullied her in the home and this was her way of coping with it... by beating up 4 years olds!!!!

So yes, it is the norm in some places, not all, it just doesn't hit the news so much!

I can give you some stories about the UK that didn't hit the national news but this is EgyptSearch so I won't bother!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw this video for the first time yesterday on facebook. It really surprised me to hear that the parents agreed with what he did and said he is a good teacher and this is how things must be done. Seriously, these kids are 5 years old - how could they possibly have become undisciplined as a result of the revolution? The cycle of abuse will continue.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by this:
قررت محكمة جنح زفتي برئاسة المستشار محمود عياد الإفراج عن مجدي عطية محمد الشاعر مدير إحدي دور الحضانة والمعروف بالمدرس الشرس صاحب فيديو ضرب الأطفال بوحشية بأحدى الحضانات، بعد أن حكمت المحكمة بتغريمه 200 جنيه عن التهمة الأولى الموجهة له باستخدام القسوة ضد الأطفال، و2000 جنيه عن التهمة الثانية وهي تعريض الأطفال للخطر، و50 جنيها عن التهمة الثالثة وهي ضرب الأطفال مع إيقاف العقوبة لمدة 3 سنوات.

وكان النائب العام المصري المستشار عبد المجيد محمود قد أمر بإحالة المدرس صاحب مقطع الفيديو المعروف بـ “المدرس الشرس”، والذي تم تداوله بكثافة خلال الأيام الماضية على مواقع “يوتيوب” و”فيس بوك” و”تويتر”.

وكانت النيابة قد وجهت للمتهم تهمة الإيذاء البدني لأطفال الحضانة، فضلاً عن مخالفة اشتراطات الترخيص المعمول بها ضمن اللوائح المنظمة لعمل حضانات الأطفال

The judge in this case should be executed.

Court decided Zefta headed by Judge Mahmoud Ayad release Magdy Attia Mohamed Shaer, Director of one of the nurseries, known as a male teacher wicked his video hit the children brutally murdered in one of the nurseries, after a court fined him 200 pounds for the first charge against him with brutality against children, and 2000 pounds for the charge second, which is endangering children, and £ 50 for a third charge a hit with children off the penalty for a period of 3 years.

The Egyptian prosecutor Abdel Meguid Mahmud Counsel may refer the teacher is the owner of the video known as "the wicked teacher", which was heavily traded during the past few days on the site "YouTube" and "Facebook" and "Twitter."

The prosecution had charged the accused of charges of physical abuse for the children of the nursery, as well as the violation of licensing requirements applicable under the regulations governing the work of kindergartens

thats what this posted, translated.

Any word if the teacher was stripped of his teaching position?

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramses nemesis
Member # 4125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramses nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this the norm on English residential hospitals? Abusive carers (video)!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13617196

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b011pwt6/Panorama_Undercover_Care_The_Abuse_Exposed/

Posts: 444 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has been all over the news here. I never saw the programme but I have heard and read about it. Absolutely shocking [Eek!] 4 people have been arrested. Would like to think they will be severely punished but knowing our justice system, they'll get off lightly [Mad]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramses nemesis
Member # 4125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramses nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well my point is that this sort of thing happens everywhere. So no need to single out Egypt, Arabs, Moslems or whatever race, culture, religion,...etc one happens to hate!

--------------------
Egyptian haybosny Ah! Ah!

Posts: 444 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Totally agree RM! Bad things occur all over regardless of race, colour or creed.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukez
Member # 16037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
reminds me of when aleyas father forced her to go to islamic sunday school here in philly. the bitch troll teacher smacked her with a book. oh yes, u best believe the next sunday i stormed in there ready to choke her with the rag upon her ugly head. i removed her from this school last week.

then i picked up aleya at her dads business and she was red eyed and sobbing because she wore a pair of shorts on a 92 degree day this week and her dad made her recite some bullshyt koran verses. he told her some nasty threats cuz she couldnt say it right.

i spun that car around, went back to his business and cussed him out like no other in front of his workers, customers n all. i told him he isnt the one to tell anybody shyt about god esecially after all the horrible things hes done to people especially me and aleya. i told him to hop a plane and join the taliban with that garbage and if he ever EVER gets on her like that again, theres going to be hell to pay.
hes been kissing my butt ever since. and i still let her wear shorts.

this guy in the video fo sho has a 2 inch willie. thats the only way a man could do this and if it were my kid, id be waiting outside the school later that afternoon with a baseball bat and razor blades.

egyptian men, well any man for that matter, dont scare one hair on my head, and i love when i have a good opportunity to reem one a new azzzhole.

Posts: 221 | From: philly | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Life is a journey
Member # 17655

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life is a journey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps Egypt may want to consider Children Act 1989 or Every child Matters, human rights. When they sort out there government out ( if they ever do ) No child should ever be hit ever ! no matter what they have done, when has violence ever sorted out anything - never !! so raging mad seeing this, I need to leave this post before i say something that might get my visa revoked - but do i want a visa into country that allows and aproves this ? [Frown]

--------------------
CAIRO

Posts: 88 | From: Uk | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramses nemesis
Member # 4125

Rate Member
Is this the norm on English Parks? Abusive yobs beheading birds, spearing frogs and killing fish with manure in pond (no video)!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-13616599

this was on the news a couple of days ago

vwwvv
Member # 18359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vwwvv     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by citizen:
[qb]

In Quranic schools is often touted that corporal punishment is a "christian" policy "spare the rod, spoil the child" is the verse and therefore unIslamic. Hurrah for the Muslim Brotherhood! there are huge advantages of Quranic school over public schools.

Actually, that's not in the Bible
The Bible may be the most revered book in America, but it's also one of the most misquoted. Supposed verses like "Spare the rod, spoil the child" don't really exist. Why "phantom verses" have become so prevalent. FULL STORY http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/05/thats-not-in-the-bible/?hpt=hp_c1

Posts: 1365 | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by vwwvv:
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by citizen:
[qb]

Actually, that's not in the Bible
The Bible may be the most revered book in America, but it's also one of the most misquoted. Supposed verses like "Spare the rod, spoil the child" don't really exist. Why "phantom verses" have become so prevalent. FULL STORY http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/06/05/thats-not-in-the-bible/?hpt=hp_c1

Proverbs 13-24 (King James Version): He that spareth his rod hateth his son

Proverbs 13:24
King James Version (KJV)

24He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs+13%3A24&version=KJV

Same meaning. I am Christian. But unlike you I understand there is major drawbacks to the old and new testament. [Roll Eyes]

tootsie
Member # 13946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think next trip i take to Egypt i am going to look up this teacher- and trust me he will be dick less when i finish with him.
do the parents know this is going on. my husband went to school in Egypt and he said he never got hit like this.

--------------------
Tootsie

Posts: 365 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com