EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » "hot blood" = emotionally repressed men

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "hot blood" = emotionally repressed men
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the hot blood that some southern people pride themselves of an escape to deal with emotions? An excuse to be abusive and violent instead of dealing with the issue?
Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
southern where?

hot blooded doesn't = abusive and violent, abusive and violent comes in hot or cold.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What ecactly is 'hot blood'? A measurable higher than normal temperature causing a kind of brain damage?
Or is it the lack of self control and reckless irresponsible behaviour verging on psychopathy that is seen in men [mostly] that are badly brought up, and often found in men living in the psycho prison of political dictatorships?
When one percieves that they have so little social freedom, so restricted in methods to actually deal with problems, such small ambitions, personal boundaries can be criminally stretched.
If you can't 'speak out' to anyone in authority, you can sure as hell go home and kick your wife and kids around.
On a more sympathetic level, if all you got is your 'manhood' your 'machismo' you will use it and abuse it in your personal life.

I humbly submit this paper to the Lancet for possible publication ...

Oh sorry, got carried away there.
Just my opinion. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by anthropos:
Is the hot blood that some southern people pride themselves of an escape to deal with emotions? An excuse to be abusive and violent instead of dealing with the issue?

No Anthro it is not. My husband is as hot blooded as they come but I have never seen him hurt a fly (oh well the odd mosquito!) let alone lash out at a person. I think hot boood is something that does exists and makes these people react differently to how we might but that does not mean they are not well bought up or can't control their emotions.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
quote:

No Anthro it is not. My husband is as hot blooded as they come but I have never seen him hurt a fly (oh well the odd mosquito!) let alone lash out at a person. I think hot boood is something that does exists and makes these people react differently to how we might but that does not mean they are not well bought up or can't control their emotions.
I've noticed Egyptian husbands handle situations very differently when they are in Egypt versus when they are abroad in your nation.
Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by metinoot:
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
quote:

I've noticed Egyptian husbands handle situations very differently when they are in Egypt versus when they are abroad in your nation.
Is that from personal experience? I didn't think you'd ever been in Egypt at the same time your ex was.
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephie_ELH
Member # 16197

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephie_ELH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that 'hot blood' refers to people who are very exuberant and passionate but the term can be abused by people who refuse to control themselves and want an excuse to lash out.
Posts: 195 | From: Nottingham, England | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stephie_ELH:
I think that 'hot blood' refers to people who are very exuberant and passionate but the term can be abused by people who refuse to control themselves and want an excuse to lash out.

exactly [Wink]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We all get a bit hot-blooded living in Egypt, we all learn to yell and rant. it's just loudness, but violence and abuse.. that's something else.. and unacceptable in ALL circumstances.
Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for metinoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
Is that from personal experience? I didn't think you'd ever been in Egypt at the same time your ex was.

Actually thats correct, until we were divorced we weren't in Egypt at the same time.

Luckily I can learn from your mistakes!

Posts: 2280 | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

Actually thats correct, until we were divorced we weren't in Egypt at the same time.

And what mistake would that be? being in Egypt and actually being with my husband?

I thought your ex said he would never set foot in Egypt again, so how has he been there with you since your divorce? If you'd never been there with him before your divorce, which one of you took your daughter to live there? didn't you both at least do that?

metinoot
Member # 17031

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

And what mistake would that be? being in Egypt and actually being with my husband?

I thought your ex said he would never set foot in Egypt again, so how has he been there with you since your divorce? If you'd never been there with him before your divorce, which one of you took your daughter to live there? didn't you both at least do that?

If he lived with you night after night why do most of your comments post in the very late evening or wee hours of the morning?

Is he back to work? Did those fellucas get the official go ahead to undock? Or is he still out of work?

Or is any of that money left over after he closed down the "cafe" you invested in?

I can't imagine how easy it is to be married to someone who is home a few nights a month, barely speaks english, you don't speak arabic, and he refuses to use the internet to communicate with you during his work absences.

Less opportunity to communicate, less opportunity to fight right?

Monkey
Member # 17287

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monkey   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is hotblooded the same as hotheaded, but a way of dressing it up so it sounds like a positive trait? Isn't it basically when someone reverts to childlike behaviour, speaking and/or acting without thinking and being ruled by their emotions?

I don't think it's exclusive to southern men...

Posts: 1678 | From: New Egypt Forum - http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

If he lived with you night after night why do most of your comments post in the very late evening or wee hours of the morning?
so you can't answer what mistake of mine you seem to have learnt from, no worries.
Is one not allowed to use the internet at night when hubby is home? Btw it's 8.30am and he's asleep next to me here.

quote:
Is he back to work? Did those fellucas get the official go ahead to undock? Or is he still out of work?
He doesn't work on a felucca, they have never stopped the feluccas working, or the cruise boats or any other boats, where did you get that from?

quote:
Or is any of that money left over after he closed down the "cafe" you invested in?
lol another one like all the money I made from a charity event? [Big Grin]

quote:
I can't imagine how easy it is to be married to someone who is home a few nights a month, barely speaks english, you don't speak arabic, and he refuses to use the internet to communicate with you during his work absences.
he's here more than he's not, his English is great, my Arabic is reasonable and we use things called cell phones while he's away. [Roll Eyes]

quote:
Less opportunity to communicate, less opportunity to fight right?
we don't fight, we do have humps and sulks but we don't fight.

So, didn't you both go to Egypt together the first time with your daughter? Are you saying that the first time you met his family you were alone, without him? [Confused]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com