EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Bashaer school, Maadi

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bashaer school, Maadi
NAE
Member # 17104

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for NAE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone worked at the Bashaer school (international section) in Maadi (close to Carrefour)? What's it like?
Posts: 42 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not work there, but I did come across this name in my previous research on schools. If I'm not mistaken it is an Islamic school that only hires foreigners who have converted to Islam. The salary is only 1,000 LE but supposedly you get free Arabic and Quran lessons as part of your salary. I'll see if I can find a link. It might be a different one I'm thinking of then the one you are talking about.

EDIT: Yup...just found the link. It is the school I was thinking of:

http://www.albashaerschools.net/

Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well after having a look at the website and job postings, it appears they are not specifying they only hire foreigners who are Muslim converts. It seems that there is another link for Al Bashaer Language school - which may be a different school entirely. The link is not working right now though so I can't check. I specifically remember seeing this once before though in my research on schools in Egypt.
Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't trust a school that has words like "implimenting" and "incourage" on its website.
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
This was the part that concerned me:

Transfer of expertise and the expansion of other schools in other Islamic or non Islamic countries (within 10 years). [Confused]

Establishing a university or institutes have the same mission in the future (within the coming 10 years).
[Confused]

They want to take over the world.

I also find this slightly contradictory:

Our Mission :

To build a generation who:

Is open up to the whole world and broad-minded enough to cope with people from different cultures and backgrounds.

Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
I also don't like the fact that they segregate boys and girls starting in 6th grade.
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/viewtopic.php?t=54008

A couple of comments you may like to read from people with experience who you might be able to approach, even though what I read was quite old. (Trying won't hurt) Perhaps approach a different site where more working expats frequent.

Agreeing with the ethos of the work and partaking in their belief system would be a major factor towards job satisfaction. The structure etc is quite meaningless if you are only an emoployer and not looking to enrol a child, that is their parents concerns.

Re: the comment about pay and management... EEK! I would so not be happy if I was screwed around so perhaps approach the school direct for contractual information. I do know their jobs appear in the TES so contact them re: these posts and ask your questions directly.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Exiiled
Member # 17278

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Exiiled     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1000 L.E for foreigners? That does not sound right. Seriously let's break 1000 up. It won't pay rent. Back in 2007 I recommended a nursery to a member here that was paying 1500 L.E start. After 6 mos working there they raise the salary. This is a nursery and in 2007. Only Requirement: Speak English.
Posts: 2275 | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A recent survey showed that the average salary in public schools for Egyptians was 1600 LE pm.

The survey is not online so is obviously wrong [Wink]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com