EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Bursting the Bubble

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bursting the Bubble
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Firstly let me say mea culpa I have been guilty of giving false hopes to many people. Because my relationship with my beloved Egyptian husband is fantastic despite huge differences of culture, religion and age I have assumed incorrectly it can happen to other people.

Recently I have witnessed 3 awful relationships, 2 personally and another one virtually. These girls have believed in Egyptian scumbags and been deceived. All three of them are clinging on to a hopeless relationship. They can not see the deceit in front of their eyes.

I asked my husband the other day was he the only decent man in Egypt he laughed but he acknowledged that most men are in it for what they can get. He said about Hurgada that nothing good comes from there and even if a good man goes to Hurgada he gets corrupted.

So please ignore anything I have said in the past about you might be lucky and this might be a good one. Without question anyone you meet on the internet or in tourism is out for any thing he can get and you are a fool if you believe any of it.

Sorry

------------------
UK Co-owner of www.toursinluxor.co.uk Accommodation and Tours in Luxor

[This message has been edited by akshar (edited 06 February 2004).]

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well said Askar. I totally agree.

I looked at your web page. Your flats look nice.

Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Akshar. I did not spell your name right on other message.
Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, at least now in retrospect, you can understand why people on this board warned you and may have seemed on the negative side, when you asked questions related to your move/relationship. i'm glad to hear you're one of the lucky ones - then again - i'm not sure it's luck. you have a very different and open perspective on a lot of issues and (from your blog), you sometimes seem to act more "egyptian" than the egyptian women i know. i think a large part of the success of your marriage (or should i say failure in others) is really your attitude and willingness to blend rather than demand automatic compromise or worse, assume your partner will simply become more "westernized" around you.

of course it also helps that you know how to pick out the gem among the sleaze bags.

(and love the blog, by the way)

[This message has been edited by ExptinCAI (edited 04 February 2004).]

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the feed back on the blog it is nice to know people enjoy it.

------------------

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lori
Member # 2390

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Thanks for the feed back on the blog it is nice to know people enjoy it.

Jane, thanks for the heartfelt message.

Still I have a feeling we will keep hearing from the lovesick and the willing-to-be-deceived.

A married couple - friends of mine - travelled to Egypt and were shocked by the people and would never go back there.

Let me ask you this: When I travel back to Egypt - which I will - what can I do in order to expose myself as little as possible to men like to ones you described above? How could I get to know nice Egyptian people?

I am pretty able to spot such people and can't imagine being deceived like that, but it does spoil the fun

Thanks for your reply.

Lori

------------------
In Love With Egypt

Posts: 251 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
moll
Member # 921

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for moll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jane, I don't think there's any need at all for you to apologise for having a relationship that's working,and being happy enough to want to share it with other people.
But as you know and I know, unfortunately, when it comes to foreign women and Egyptian men, it seems to be in the minority.

Lori, i don't think you need to worry too much about it...it's the women who go there completely unprepared for all the tourist chatup lines who seem to be most likely to fall for them, or the women who believe everything they're told online by someone they've never met.

Sorry to sound so cynical, but I am.

Posts: 561 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Thanks Moll but having been on the ropes watching these last three relationships I feel battered and guilty.

Lori having seen you post over the months I think like Moll that you will not be sucked in to the scams.

Gosh there are such nice people out in Egypt but it is hard to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

------------------

TooConfused
Member # 3103

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TooConfused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jane im suprised to read this post, A friend informed me as to what you had written here, and i find it strange that you are slating these realtionships so much
im not sure who gave you permission to be judge and jury here, but you dont know the full facts and i dont think its nice you talking about people that thought you were a friend.
Im sorry you feel my man is a scum bag, i would never call mahmoud that in public and i dont think its fair you have done this.
has mahmoud ever lied to you? I know for a fact he has as you told me this yourself, and as for hurghada, how do you know what people are like there? there are players everywhere and im sure even on the west bank where you live there are players.
i dont like being discussed in public, if i want to tell my story here then i will and i would appreciate it if you said nothing.
i could say lots of things here but i dont want to be rude, so we can follow this up in private or here it is up to you, and i know for a fact the other girl in question feels the same as i do.
ill await you reply, you know who i am jane

Posts: 10 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was this post to put some ACTION around here TooConfused?

Why would you reveal yourself as being one of the women Jane was feeling sorry for? She never mentionned names in her posts!

Now I'm confused

Salam
Monica

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TooConfused
Member # 3103

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TooConfused     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
monica i know jane didnt mention names here, but me and jane both know who she is talking about that is all, and im a bit upset about it thats all, im sure it will get sorted, hopefully in private
Posts: 10 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm now very confused, because you are kind of threatening Jane in your post, or am I wrong?!

Hypothetically speaking, if I were to write a book - on cross-cultural behaviour - and include examples from this message board, do you think that anyone would have a good case against me, in court?

Just a thought!

Monica

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
As it offended I have removed the examples.

------------------

TooConfused
Member # 3103

Rate Member
Monica i was not threatening jane, and im happy to say jane and i resolved the matter in private
motawahesh
Member # 2510

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for motawahesh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmmm

I was "lucky", or maybe I should say that HE was the lucky one. He works in Hurghada (but is not from there originally), we had a proper civil marriage in Cairo, he doesn't have any other wives and we are planning for children together soon. We are very happy, which makes your highly revelatory statistics of successful/unsuccessful marriages between European women and Egyptian men at a ratio of 2:5 so far.

Oh hold on, I know another couple who are very happy together in Hurghada, so that makes it 3:5, but, no, there are also two couples who don't have such wonderful relationships, so let me see, that's 3:7.

[This message has been edited by motawahesh (edited 07 February 2004).]

[This message has been edited by motawahesh (edited 07 February 2004).]

Posts: 5 | From: London, UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

To everyone out there who has a fantastic relationship/marriage w/ an Egyptian man - MABROUK!!!!!!

I just think that mostly people posting here on the board who were not that lucky and still trying to forget and forgive.

My relationship to an Egyptian guy broke off bad and hurtful but I am not letting this experience ruin my love for Egypt and its people in general - because

Egypt rules.............

Tigerlily

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karinfarid
Member # 3352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karinfarid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well to increase that ratio, I have been happily married to my Egyptian husband for 9 years now. - And we met in Hurghada... there may be lots of frauds and thieves there, but never judge a whole people by one place!
Posts: 295 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johanna
Member # 3554

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for johanna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well said - you should not generalize like this!!!

i KNOW that there are nice and decent egyptians in hurghada too!! and nice tourists too who are not going there to be entertained by young egyptian studs, but for other things.

i think it is quite dangerous to condamn hurghada - do you really think it is the heart of hell or what?? as "nothing good ever comes from hurghada". i think that is BS.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com