EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Can you help me?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Can you help me?
Shana
Member # 3550

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello

I read few posts on this site

I know this subject was already treated a loads of time but I need advice about the situation.

One month ago, I was in Egypt for one week. The latest day, an Egyptian man from the hotel invited me for a drink, but I refused because I had to leave one hour later. He explained me he had noticed me since the beginning of the week but he was not enough self-confident to talk to me. He wanted to know me more. What he said during these ten minutes was quite different from I heard from the other Egyptian men all the week. We exchanged e-mail address. He wrote one e-mail and explained he loves me, needs to be protected and he wants to marry me. Since, we have only contact per letter: he says he thinks of me all the time and wants to meet me.

I am a little confused after all I read on this forum about Egyptian men. Do you think I should trust him and meet him to see what his intentions are ? Or as someone suggests in an another post, should I phone him to ask about personal details before?

Can you help me to understand this? Thanks a lot

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Monica
Member # 2621

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Monica     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which part of the posts describing some Egyptian Men/gigolos that are NOT the real typical Egyptian decent gentlemen, did you not understand?

When someone/ from anywhere in the world / that knows nothing about you, asks you to marry him, he wants to have the 'licence' to your rights, whatever they are; PLUS a 'good' time.

What confused you exactly?

[This message has been edited by Monica (edited 08 February 2004).]

Posts: 2385 | From: Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoBBoSS
Member # 3456

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for BoBBoSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi friend

i agree with monica, and i just want to add something, for good egyptian men , marriage is a very important point, it means , i am going to make a family , it is a responsibility not everyone is willing to bare unless he is charged with love and passion for his 2nd half, and also he must have seen some signs telling him , oh god , this is the one for u , such as , understanding, care , love, a lot of things that makes him sure u r the one, beside , u r from a different culture than his, so it is also more critical to him because u will be introduced to a new socity to u , and as long as he is ur husband so he will be responsible to ur adaptation and ur weird reaction ,
so for god;s sake , convince me , how can all this come in letters in such a short time period?

------------------
BoBBoSS

Posts: 249 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bent Masr
Member # 3429

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Bent Masr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello shana

i agree whith what boss and monica said you now he tells you he loves u when he only spoke to you for just 10minutes, he doesn't know who you are or what type of person or how u think .and he tells u he loves you. most girls always hear things like this from guys but you now he might like you not love you he might like the way you look or maybe the way you act or something. becuse no way that he would love you if you only spoke for 10min and exchanged emails onece or twice.

Bent Masr

Posts: 33 | From: london | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Shana, how old are you?????

He is probably trying the very same thing on many other female tourists........

He tells you that he needs to be protected???!!!!

Let go!!!!!

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wise_woman
Member # 444

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for wise_woman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If someone sitting next to me on a bus in Glasgow, Scotland told me he loved me after chatting for 10 mins, I'd wallop him across his heid with my handbag.
It weighs about 10 lbs on a good day.

He hasn't seen you on good and bad days, in different situations.

He is probably attracted to you but something more deeper than that? it sounds unlikely.

But that is not a slur against you.
That's common sense and even if you knew him a week, still no indication of how you would be as a couple.

It's a long way to go - what are you hoping for? an instant answer as to whether you are soul mates? can he take time off work and family commitments to be with you?
you should at least find out more about him, if he is single, his family life, where he lives, his intentions, his financial status, that all takes time and can't be done in 1 e-mail.

Posts: 266 | From: Scotland, United Kingdom | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sallyally
Member # 3426

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sallyally     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with wise_woman...

No where else that I have traveled to in the world would a woman actually take a man seriously if he proposed marriage after a ten minute conversation. In fact, most women would be very annoyed.

Shana-I would suggest researching the economic and social issues that many Egyptians are having to cope with at the moment. You might then understand why a few Egyptian men seem to 'fall in love' so quickly.

Posts: 86 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lukoshko
Member # 3626

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lukoshko     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shana, are u serious?! Do u really think it is possible to LOVE a person u saw and talked to just once for one hour?! Is it LOVE?! U know I noticed a very interesting thing. Almost all girls say that their habibie is "not like the others and he doesn't say the same things like others and etc,". However, in fact they are exactly the same like all these resort boys and all of them say the same b***t and they even write in the same manner. If u compare several different letters from different egyption boys u will find they are the same. I am not talking about really educated egyption men. It is stupid (sorry) to belive in a man's love in such situation like the one u described. Like somebody has already said If a stranger came to u in ur own country and told u he loves u, would u belive him?
Posts: 287 | From: Moscow Russia | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
roddy
Member # 3805

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for roddy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi shana....i have never read such rubbish...i bet he is already useing the same pater to others.....you need to kick him to the curb...PRONTO take care of yourself....roddy
quote:
Originally posted by Shana:
Hello

I read few posts on this site

I know this subject was already treated a loads of time but I need advice about the situation.

One month ago, I was in Egypt for one week. The latest day, an Egyptian man from the hotel invited me for a drink, but I refused because I had to leave one hour later. He explained me he had noticed me since the beginning of the week but he was not enough self-confident to talk to me. He wanted to know me more. What he said during these ten minutes was quite different from I heard from the other Egyptian men all the week. We exchanged e-mail address. He wrote one e-mail and explained he loves me, needs to be protected and he wants to marry me. Since, we have only contact per letter: he says he thinks of me all the time and wants to meet me.

I am a little confused after all I read on this forum about Egyptian men. Do you think I should trust him and meet him to see what his intentions are ? Or as someone suggests in an another post, should I phone him to ask about personal details before?

Can you help me to understand this? Thanks a lot

Posts: 120 | From: clevedon..uk | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MotherEgypt
Member # 3700

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MotherEgypt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear

you are old enough to decide for yourself ,,,go back and give a try ,,,go out and have fun and just take easy ,,do not give more than what you want to give ,,,,then every thing would be clear and you will know what your next step will be ,,,
after i read all of this replies you got i was walking down the streets ,looking at every man and feeling scared ,,there is a n egyptian monster in here ,,,
hey all give the girl break ,,,
respect yourself and go and have fun ,,,if you are not sure about him ,,do not go any more further and just HAVE FUN ,,,and please do not come and cry here later on
Good luck

Posts: 565 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MotherEgypt, its the way he approached her!

Are you acting like this with women ......?

No and I don't think she should give him even a second of her time. Not if she is respecting herself.

What? At first you tell her to use the situation, have fun and than you warn her not to come up later on this board to cry about?!

MotherEgypt.........................

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 23 March 2004).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EnigmaRUS
Member # 4089

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for EnigmaRUS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think it depends on who you are and how you treat other ppl.........as far as for me i love Egypt pll with all my heart, my heart is opened for them.... and i've never got smth bad from any one of them............so, if you feel with your heart that you love a man and he loves you too and you are ready to do a lot for him and he for you......then go ahead.........i am russian and i have a brilliant relations with Egyption man..........and i am too much happy though we have too much difficulties.........
listen to your heart.........and god will help you!

Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com